9. Tobias / Tkchenko
10. Guignard / Fabbri

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Please no more renditions of Exogenesis Part 3. Please just no more. :disapp:

I don't want it either and I actually like this piece of music. There's so much more in rock to choose from but Muse is crazy popular.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't want it either and I actually like this piece of music. There's so much more in rock to choose from but Muse is crazy popular.

My reason for posting that is that Jeremy's is the best and only version of that piece that I care about. No one has really done it justice since. Ashley's is nice this season though.

I'm just tired of skaters doing it. LOL!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My reason for posting that is that Jeremy's is the best and only version of that piece that I care about. No one has really done it justice since. Ashley's is nice this season though.

I'm just tired of skaters doing it. LOL!

I liked Jeremy's program. I also remember liking Kerrs one, they were among the first to skate to Muse.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
1. Shibutani / Shibutani
2. Virtue / Moir
3. Papadakis / Cizeron
4. Chock / Batesi

Er... you realize Worlds are in Helsinki and not in Ann Arbor, right? :laugh: The Shibs have a shot (I mean, 21 voted for them, after all), but it would take a mini-meltdown from V/M and P/C and for the Shibs to skate absolutely lights out for that to happen and I just don't think they have the programs for it.

Barb

Record Breaker
Er... you realize Worlds are in Helsinki and not in Ann Arbor, right? :laugh: The Shibs have a shot (I mean, 21 voted for them, after all), but it would take a mini-meltdown from V/M and P/C and for the Shibs to skate absolutely lights out for that to happen and I just don't think they have the programs for it.

I am more surprised about the 2 votes for other, the listed skaters would need to die so that The other :unsure: win the competition.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
1. Shibutani / Shibutani
2. Virtue / Moir
3. Papadakis / Cizeron
4. Chock / Bates
5. Capellini / Lanotte
6. Weaver / Poje
7. Hubbell / Donahue
8. Gilles / Poirier
9. Tobias / Tkchenko
10. Guignard / Fabbri

What happened to Bobrova and Soloviev? LOL....

gmyers

Record Breaker

They are going to be world champions eventually and are so close I think they will beat v/m who haven't been to a Worlds in 3 years. No one has anymore reservations about them and they are US number 1 team.

What happened to Bobrova and Soloviev? LOL....

Now I just think they haven't been to a worlds in 3 years and will be overwhelmed. There is also the belief that they will be part of the Russian ice dance collapse and not the last good team.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

Or the Shibs could get the first keypoint in their blues during the SD that they missed at the GPF and 4CCs. (Totally possible as they had level 4s on their blues pattern at their first two competitions of the year). Two more points would put their current SB from Korea above P&C's current SB at home in France. The Shibs aren't the favorites. But if P&C have a shot at gold (and I believe they do), then so do the Shibs. They aren't as decorated as the teams above them, will be skating in Europe, and have undoubtedly been the major target for any other team in the World trying to crack that podium. They split placements with W&P and C&B in competition this year. (And V&M split placements with C&B. And P&C split placements with B&S and C&L). But the Shibs also had the same levels as V&M in the free at 4CCs, split dances with P&C at the GPF, and have the second highest free skate score this season. A bronze will be a success. Definitely not to be taken for granted. It will take a great competition for any team to podium at this event. I have nothing but respect for this field. It is deeper & more decorated than any dance field in history. I expect movement. We've seen a lot of it this season, and this field will be more tightly packed than any event this year. But the Shibs have lived up to the challenge thus far. Maia & Alex are in the fight. And their programs are stellar, IMO.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They are going to be world champions eventually and are so close I think they will beat v/m who haven't been to a Worlds in 3 years. No one has anymore reservations about them and they are US number 1 team.

Now I just think they haven't been to a worlds in 3 years and will be overwhelmed. There is also the belief that they will be part of the Russian ice dance collapse and not the last good team.

How does Tessa and Scott not having been to Worlds in 3 years affect how the Shibs place? V/M have competed at 7 Worlds and 2 Olympics. They aren't going to be super intimidated by the big stage or anything.

And also, I like the Shibs and they could obviously win Worlds eventually, I don't see it as inevitable. P/C are younger than they are and there are very talented young teams in the US, among others. Being one of the top teams doesn't mean you win Worlds, just ask W/P.

gmyers

Record Breaker
How does Tessa and Scott not having been to Worlds in 3 years affect how the Shibs place? V/M have competed at 7 Worlds and 2 Olympics. They aren't going to be super intimidated by the big stage or anything.

And also, I like the Shibs and they could obviously win Worlds eventually, I don't see it as inevitable. P/C are younger than they are and there are very talented young teams in the US, among others. Being one of the top teams doesn't mean you win Worlds, just ask W/P.

Even just a little rust or nerve could knock v/m behind shibutanis. P/c always underperform sds. that keeps them silver or bronze at most this year. Big struggle between v/m and p/c actually produces shibutani winner.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Big struggle between v/m and p/c actually produces shibutani winner.

That literally makes zero sense...

...in every sense possible

first - I'd like to know what is a definition of 'struggle' between Tessa/Scott and Gabriella/Guillaume, because I don't see any. For me - as I stated many times already - this season should be viewed as a transitional one regarding both teams as one is returning after 2 years of break and under coaching team of the second team, current World Champions. It was expected to see some change of dynamics about this situation and give them all time to adjust and focus on themselves.

My personal persepctive, looking at this very season alone so far regarding results, is that I'm honestly surprised (in a positive way) of amount of confidence presented by Tessa and Scott, both in technical and performance areas, because I did expect more 'cautious' approach, going into competition flow step by step, but they really paced themselves it seems. Saying that, looking at Gabriella and Guillaume, I see completely unnecessary nervousness or that cautiousness predicted for Tessa/Scott in their performances this season. My amateur, outside take on it is they have nothing to be worried about, aside of course of their stuff and all things connected (execution, technique, expression and so on) as these are the only factors they have control over. And they do have quite a material on their hands, which could not suit all viewers, but most importantly - it suits THEM very much, they just have to make it work in action, like they did fabulously for two seasons.

Both teams are greatly skilled, but more prominent in different areas, catching eyes with different things, for me the more teams like that I see, the more I enjoy the competition.

And second - how does this 'struggle' between both aforementioned teams translate into Maia and Alex win? I am curious and confused at the same time about this logic/conception...

Whole season so far proved that Shibutanis hae taken their 'destiny' regarding competition/results in their own hand, leaving nothing what depends on them only to accident. They started to establish themselves or even re-build last season and now they're continuing that path, and with the way they presented themselves it shows that this was the right choice to make. Bearing fruits of their hard work not only on actual skating-related stuff, but also on re-inventing themselves as valuable competitors should never be treated as a benefitting from others mythological 'struggle', in their case especially.

If Maia and Alex will win, then aside of heads exploding, they will win by making their best effort and beyond, as they proved so far regarding their results, not necessarily by 'struggle' between Tessa/Scott and Gabriella/Guillaume. I think that none of teams is even thinking about from how many teams' mistakes they would or could benefit, especially those top ones...

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Shibutani's will win because the struggle between p/c and v/m will lead to mistakes from both because of stress and pressure because they are not only going for world gold but Olympic gold too. Why were p/c third in euros short dance? They are having big problems. V/m lost all their titles to d/w. They aren't that rock solid all the time. so shibutanis win.

Last edited:

nocturnalis

Medalist
I think that people overestimate the Shibs technical prowess by a lot. They have shallow edges, poor extension, their posture is good but most of the time they look extremely rigid, they have poor ice coverage in comparison to V/M, P/C, C/B, B/S, W/P, and G/P, little variation in choreography during their FD, and they have extremely open skating (they are literally only skating in hold when they have to be and their hold are very loose. I would complain about this normally because siblings, but since they only skate in hold when they have to, it makes me believe it is a technical issue). They are good at a lot of things, not great. Better than Chock/Bates does not equal best in the world. The only thing that they are truly great at is twizzles and they typically score around the same as other competitors when clean because other pairs have difficult entrances, exits, and variation from year to year.