Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I thought you have some... :slink:

Doris and/or Mrs. P are kind enough to set up threads like this one -- to encourage everyone to share what they know.

If you have nothing to contribute, how about waiting more than twelve minutes after the thread was started before expecting it to spoon-feed information to you?

In the U.S.:

The schedule for NBCSN and NBC coverage is here: http://www.usfigureskating.org/events?id=84206 (scroll down)

The Ice Network schedule is on its event page here: http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2017/03/2017_world_fs_champs

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Reposting from the General info topic

Eurosport Netherlands (times taken from a print TV guide, hours manually adjusted, they were off; they now match the hours on the Eurosport website).

Wednesday March 29
E1 17.00 - 18.20 Ladies SP recap
E1 18.20 - 20.55 Pairs SP LIVE (missing first and last hour?)
E2 21.20 - 23.00 Pairs SP recap
Oddly enough, Pairs SP actually runs from 17.10 to 21.48 Holland time. So not entirely sure what to make of this weird schedule...

Thursday March 30
E1 0.15 - 1.30 Pairs SP recap
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E1 7.00 - 8.30 Ladies SP recap
E1 12.00 - 13.15 Pairs SP recap
E1 17.00 - 18.30 Men SP recap
E1 18.30 - 21.10 Pairs FS LIVE (pretty much covers the whole of the FS)
E2 21.30 - 23.00 ?? recap

Friday March 31
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E1 5.00 - 6.00 Pairs FS recap
E2 8.30 - 9.30 ?? recap
E2 12.00 - 15.30 probably last three hours of the SD LIVE
E1 17.00 - 18.30 Ice Dance SD recap
E2 21.45 - 23.00 ?? probably Ladies FS recap

Saturday April 1
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E2 4.00 - ?? ?? recap

I cannot see the rest of the schedule yet.

Doesn't look like there will be much live coverage.

The announced ISU stream at the eurovision page also disappeared into a black hole some days ago. It was there, and then it wasn't anymore. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt; they weren't exactly forthcoming with news about the Junior WC stream, either, until virtually the last minute before it started, then it popped up out of nowhere.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I put this here also. Only available in Finland. Most events are live on TV, YLE TV2, channel 2. Some children's program only cause some pauses. TV2 can be watched during computer also. And everything is live on YLE Areena, which is ht local national TV company's internet channel. Areena was durings Euros partly commented. The commentators can be chosen between Swedish and Finnish. I don't know really know how to chance the language, maybe somebody else can help you if you want Swedish comments. Most hotels in Finland have a TV in the room.

The broadcasts in the Areena are probably available also 30 days afterwards.

Last edited:

carmina

On the Ice
Doris and/or Mrs. P are kind enough to set up threads like this one -- to encourage everyone to share what they know.

If you have nothing to contribute, how about waiting more than twelve minutes after the thread was started before expecting it to spoon-feed information to you?

I thought we are here to fun... not to "contribute"
I saw the tread , thought there is info then saw the post and think it is funny then I share what I feel - with the icon to be sure they understand the feeling

I will ask for your permission in advance next time I need a spoon-feed information...

How kind of you to remind me to know even rude people love fs... so even we have a common ground

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Reposting from the General info topic

Eurosport Netherlands (times taken from a print TV guide, hours manually adjusted, they were off; they now match the hours on the Eurosport website).

Wednesday March 29
E1 17.00 - 18.20 Ladies SP recap
E1 18.20 - 20.55 Pairs SP LIVE (missing first and last hour?)
E2 21.20 - 23.00 Pairs SP recap
Oddly enough, Pairs SP actually runs from 17.10 to 21.48 Holland time. So not entirely sure what to make of this weird schedule...

Thursday March 30
E1 0.15 - 1.30 Pairs SP recap
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E1 7.00 - 8.30 Ladies SP recap
E1 12.00 - 13.15 Pairs SP recap
E1 17.00 - 18.30 Men SP recap
E1 18.30 - 21.10 Pairs FS LIVE (pretty much covers the whole of the FS)
E2 21.30 - 23.00 ?? recap

Friday March 31
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E1 5.00 - 6.00 Pairs FS recap
E2 8.30 - 9.30 ?? recap
E2 12.00 - 15.30 probably last three hours of the SD LIVE
E1 17.00 - 18.30 Ice Dance SD recap
E2 21.45 - 23.00 ?? probably Ladies FS recap

Saturday April 1
E2 1.30 - 3.00 ?? recap
E2 4.00 - ?? ?? recap

I cannot see the rest of the schedule yet.

Doesn't look like there will be much live coverage.

The announced ISU stream at the eurovision page also disappeared into a black hole some days ago. It was there, and then it wasn't anymore. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt; they weren't exactly forthcoming with news about the Junior WC stream, either, until virtually the last minute before it started, then it popped up out of nowhere.

Eurosport's coverage of this Worlds is disgusting, if you think about it. First of, Worlds is actually in Europe, so no time excuse. That doesn't seem to mean anything at all. And our commentators at least have been constantly telling us in the last competitions how they will cover Worlds, the only channel that is showing Figure Skating. They showed a lot of the GP, Euros, 4CC and even the Winter Universade. And now, when it comes to the most important competition of the season, there is such mediocre coverage? I regret spending money on the player again. I assumed they would show it live on Eurosport 2. But no. I never learn.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Eurosport's coverage of this Worlds is disgusting [...]I regret spending money on the player again. I assumed they would show it live on Eurosport 2. But no. I never learn.

I assume the entire Worlds will be on the stream in the Eurosport Player, at least? But no commentary :-(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I assume the entire Worlds will be on the stream in the Eurosport Player, at least? But no commentary :-(

You're seeing it live though, right? I hope the ISU stream is on the player. At least one little thing to look forward to.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I put this here also. Only available in Finland. Most events are live on TV, YLE TV2, channel 2. Some children's program only cause some pauses. TV2 can be watched during computer also. And everything is live on YLE Areena, which is ht local national TV company's internet channel. Areena was durings Euros partly commented. The commentators can be chosen between Swedish and Finnish. I don't know really know how to chance the language, maybe somebody else can help you if you want Swedish comments. Most hotels in Finland have a TV in the room.

The broadcasts in the Areena are probably available also 30 days afterwards.

Do you by any chance have links to these channels? I will be onboard a ferry from Sweden on Wednesday evening and they have free wifi so I thought I might be able to watch pairs short onboard the ship.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ok currently I am seeing Ladies and Pairs free, live, full coverage on BBC (to those who have access to the RB). I am guessing that Men and Dance will be available too but it's the awkward split due to the end of the month so it's not popping up yet. No short programs, even recaps as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ok currently I am seeing Ladies and Pairs free, live, full coverage on BBC 2. I am guessing that Men and Dance will be available too but it's the awkward split due to the end of the month so it's not popping up yet. No short programs, even recaps as far as I can see.

Wow, thanks!!!! I never even thought to look at the BBC listings! I want to record stuff on the HD recorder, so BBC 2 it is.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Wow, thanks!!!! I never even thought to look at the BBC listings! I want to record stuff on the HD recorder, so BBC 2 it is.

Robin Cousins is one of the commentators for BBC, with Katherine Downes, if it's the same as during Boston.