Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ok currently I am seeing Ladies and Pairs free, live, full coverage on BBC 2. I am guessing that Men and Dance will be available too but it's the awkward split due to the end of the month so it's not popping up yet. No short programs, even recaps as far as I can see.

I cannot find anything figure skating related on the BBC 2 listings. Is it a regional thing?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Do you by any chance have links to these channels? I will be onboard a ferry from Sweden on Wednesday evening and they have free wifi so I thought I might be able to watch pairs short onboard the ship.

http://www.telkku.com/

Choose TV2. There is a white arrow on red circle, press it and you can watch the the channel. The date changes automatically to current, but you can also browse the schedule. Figure skating is taitoluistelu in Finnish, as you already may know.

Edit: Yle areena is a little bit more complicated. For me it is now telling that I should update my flashplayer. It is difficult to give links before the live programs are near to start.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
US TV and Icenetwork schedule.

TV - All times Eastern (check local listings, subject to change)

Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Ladies and Pairs Short
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
NBCSN

Thursday, March 30, 2017
Men's Short, Pairs Free
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
NBCSN

Friday, March 31, 2017
Ladies Free
1-3 p.m.
NBCSN

Short Dance
8-10 p.m.
NBCSN

Saturday, April 1, 2017
Men's Free, Free Dance
12:30-4:30 p.m.
NBCSN

Ladies Free
8-10 p.m.
NBC

Sunday, April 2, 2017
2017 World Championships: Exhibition
2-3:30 p.m.
NBCSN

Sunday, April 9, 2017
2017 World Championships: Recap
3-6 p.m.
NBC

ICENETWORK LIVE (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2017/03/2017_world_fs_champs

Wednesday 3/29/2017
4:40am Ladies Short Program
11:15am Opening Ceremony
12:10pm Pairs Short Program

Thursday 3/30/2017
6:10am Men's Short Program
12:55pm Pairs Free Skate

Friday 3/31/2017
5:00am Short Dance
12:00pm Ladies Free Skate

Saturday 4/1/2017
4:50am Men's Free Skate
10:35am Free Dance

TV is is all tape delayed. Ice Network is live.

Last edited:

ragdoll

On the Ice
http://www.telkku.com/

Choose TV2. There is a white arrow on red circle, press it and you can watch the the channel. The date changes automatically to current, but you can also browse the schedule. Figure skating is taitoluistelu in Finnish, as you already may know.

Edit: Yle areena is a little bit more complicated. For me it is now telling that I should update my flashplayer. It is difficult to give links before the live programs are near to start.

Thank you so much for the information! I don't speak Finnish at all so I would have had problems finding it without your help.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Eurosport's coverage of this Worlds is disgusting, if you think about it. First of, Worlds is actually in Europe, so no time excuse. That doesn't seem to mean anything at all. And our commentators at least have been constantly telling us in the last competitions how they will cover Worlds, the only channel that is showing Figure Skating. They showed a lot of the GP, Euros, 4CC and even the Winter Universade. And now, when it comes to the most important competition of the season, there is such mediocre coverage? I regret spending money on the player again. I assumed they would show it live on Eurosport 2. But no. I never learn.

I so agree with you but I have to remind myself that after the scare with Sky losing BESP altogether, I promised never ever complain again about coverage and just be happy that I still have BESP on the big screen. What annoying is that they seem to 'target' ladies & men. The pairs will be shown Live both programs but not men's short or ladies short. Same was at Euros which means I won't have recording of many skaters I like - Laurine, Ivett, Carolina who will be skating earlier.
BBC will be showing on red button same not ladies or men short live. But I am going to record some for Robin Cousins's commentary alone.

Oh, that's the red button. :-( That's not the normal BBC 2 TV channel, right?

There will be the highlights on the BBC 2 channel on Sunday the 2nd April.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Eurosport Nordic(?) is going to show quite many hours during the first day; 19.05-23.55 Finnish time. But there isn't schedule further that the opening day.

katonice

On the Ice
Hi everyone. Does anyone know a working livestream link for Malaysia? I was hoping to rely on ISU streaming, but as I understand they haven't yet confirmed they will be providing it. Thanks!

Himawari

Rinkside
Hello!
Chinese channel CCTV5 and CCTV5+ will broadcast the entire competition. Kazsport too.
Fuji TV will broadcast last groups of men and ladies SP and FS.
For French viewers, francetvsport.fr will be streaming the entire event.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, Eurosport coverage is weird. Don't get why they can't show morning session on Wednesday and Thursday... Good thing they're at least showing both Free Programs on Saturday.

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh, that's the red button. :-( That's not the normal BBC 2 TV channel, right?

BBC coverage begins on Thursday at 16.45 on the Red Button and Online - which I think are both only accessible to UK viewers?

The only BBC 2 programme is a highlights of the week show on Sunday at 13.00.

I'm not complaining as I wasn't even expecting this! (And will rely on a Russian stream for events not covered by BBC).

I sincerely hope it's not Kat Downes again on commentary though, she was useless during Boston, and knows nothing about Skating. Would the BBC put a total newbie on any other Sport? Ofcourse not! But FS doesn't count! :disapp:

lavoix

Match Penalty
So no isu livestream? That's stupid.

Any other way to watch the competition live online?

Miller

Final Flight
BBC coverage begins on Thursday at 16.45 on the Red Button and Online - which I think are both only accessible to UK viewers?

The only BBC 2 programme is a highlights of the week show on Sunday at 13.00.

I'm not complaining as I wasn't even expecting this! (And will rely on a Russian stream for events not covered by BBC).

I sincerely hope it's not Kat Downes again on commentary though, she was useless during Boston, and knows nothing about Skating. Would the BBC put a total newbie on any other Sport? Ofcourse not! But FS doesn't count! :disapp:

BBC Red Button Schedule http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36722726 Mens LP live Saturday morning, but not Free Dance (that is a repeat). However latter live on Eurosport of course, but mens LP is just highlights.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Doris and/or Mrs. P are kind enough to set up threads like this one -- to encourage everyone to share what they know.

If you have nothing to contribute, how about waiting more than twelve minutes after the thread was started before expecting it to spoon-feed information to you?

In the U.S.:

The schedule for NBCSN and NBC coverage is here: http://www.usfigureskating.org/events?id=84206 (scroll down)

The Ice Network schedule is on its event page here: http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2017/03/2017_world_fs_champs

Oh boy. I cant wait to see how much of the over the air NBC coverage is deleted by my local affiliate....At least there is INW and youtube.
Forget tax reform and healthcare. We need an equal rights ammendment to the constitution, guaranteeing equal access to all figure skating video, no matter what race, religion, color, sex, economic status or location someone is !
I have a dream! We shall overcome predujice! Figure skating video is a RIGHT, not a privlidge! OK, I am going to go take my meds now.....:agree2: