2017 World Synchro Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2017 World Synchro Skating Championships

auser

Record Breaker
Was that opening ceremony fairly brief? I logged off to switch servers and when I logged back in, the zambonie was on the ice :)

auser

Record Breaker
The Austrian team is lovely. Looks like one skater had a fall though.

auser

Record Breaker
Just when I was wondering about men in synchro, here is team Spain with three :)

peese

Medalist
Just when I was wondering about men in synchro, here is team Spain with three :)

Great to see the guys on these teams! Last year Turkey had 2 or 3, and Mexico who isn't here had the same as well plus a few others.

auser

Record Breaker
How were the teams from Russia and Japan? I had to run out. Will catch up with them later:)

auser

Record Breaker
Russia didn't skate yet but Japan was very impressive!

Glad to hear it about Japan :clap:. Ooops, I misread the results while hurrying to put away groceries :eek::. Thanks for the update:thank:. And Team Russia - Tatarstan had a male skater:)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Japan was lovely, but heartbroken for Canada's Supremes :(. It was a rough outing for the US's Crystallettes as well...

auser

Record Breaker
Japan was lovely, but heartbroken for Canada's Supremes :(. It was a rough outing for the US's Crystallettes as well...
Yes. Throughout watching this event, my admiration for synchro skaters has increased:luv17:. Ice is slippery and timing can make it more so :yes:. But these teams skate lovely, impressive programs even with the missteps :clap:

peese

Medalist

It was sad for both! So many falls on the splice thru?! I believe it has a different name now. My sister skated at Canadian Precision Champs back in the late 70s. Much different style back then. More like the Rockettes in NY!!

peese

Medalist
Glad to hear it about Japan :clap:. Ooops, I misread the results while hurrying to put away groceries :eek::. Thanks for the update:thank:. And Team Russia - Tatarstan had a male skater:)

Some of the earlier teams had 3 and 4 guys! Great to see!

auser

Record Breaker
It was sad for both! So many falls on the splice thru?! I believe it has a different name now. My sister skated at Canadian Precision Champs back in the late 70s. Much different style back then. More like the Rockettes in NY!!

Wow, cool about your sister :cool:. I just asked my sister if I could call her back later. "I'm watching synchro. Its like the Rockettes on ice, but kind of different":laugh: