2017 Worlds Short Dance | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Short Dance

nocturnalis

Medalist
I agree.

I thought G/P were a little undermarked. I felt they should have been above B/S.

The Russian judge screwed them. Skating Protocol's Instagram shows that she only gave them a 66. By having an extremely low score thrown out, the average was then significantly altered.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I have simply and politely asked if you know what errors Gabrielle and Guillaume or Anna and Luca (may I make a typo, L/C instead of C/L, or must I be perfect in writing in a forum on figure skating?), because your tone was so sure. I perfectly know that technical panel has eyes and tools and means that allow to evaluate much better than us fans, and we all have seen that at Euros
( sarcasm). Actually my daughter realised "live" the small mistake on the twizzles by Scott, apparently unnoticed by the judges. And both of us see every time Gabrielle and Guillaume skate, their usual errors on twizzles or sincronicity at the end of the SD, that don't change their levels, usually, nor their GoE.
But never mind. I get another lesson by an" expert", who actually knows things as every else here
and who, just to silence debate, cries "conspiracy".
I know the type: all is fine and good until their favs are lawballed by techs or judges. And then all hell breaks loose.

Now if you want to talk about GOE or PCS, that's a different thing. While the error Scott made didn't impact the levels (and actually I could tell you why on that one if you actually want to know) I do agree it should have slightly impacted the GOE and that it didn't.

As for the rest, clearly you don't read many of my posts. Hang around more and get to know me, I think you'll find you're wrong, and also I find your comment a bit ironic because you're the one complaining here that your faves were lowballed and that other teams to quote you are "overscored in SD as nearly always".

AliAle

On the Ice
TES is not all objective, because part of it comes from GoE, which are awarded by judges. And as you can see, for the same element different judges can give +1, +2 or 0, - 1....

I said mostly objective, not totally. What I'm saying here is H/D were not gifted anything through PCS or even GOE, they did it all on their own through almost perfect execution, yet people complain.

their pcs has no business being in the 9s. their program and performance is not better than g/p, the russians' and the other americans'. shibs and c/b should have pcs in 9s, g/p as well, h/d should have 7s.

Wow, can you point exactly what makes their skating worth only a 7? Is it their deep edges, powerful skating, good timing and expression?

Last edited:

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
Yeah people need to get over Hubbell & Donohue's mark and placement. They were the only top team besides Virtue & Moir that made their levels that is why they got such a huge TES which the judges had no choice on, and are in 3rd. They werent gifted a thing, their PCS is what, like 8th best, LOL! Papadakis & Cizeron messed up almost all their levels and had technical mistakes to the point they are a whopping 7 points back of Virtue & Moir even with virtual tied PCS, and yet still are over Hubbell & Donohue who got all level 4s so what is the problem. If it is any comfort to the haters they probably wont medal anyway, overscored Chock & Bates or overrated Shibs will almost certainly be propped up in marks and given the bronze no matter how great Hubbell & Donohue skate the FD last, and despite neither team- especialy the Shibs, even deserve to be in the final flight with their SD performances. Why not complain about them instead especialy the Shibs being over Weaver & Poje, and the perennial overscoring of Chock & Bates, rather than whine about Hubbell & Donohue.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I wonder how many of the top 10 teams after the SD have legitimate chance for that bronze, given no major breakdowns happen.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I wonder how many of the top 10 teams after the SD have legitimate chance for that bronze, given no major breakdowns happen.

IMO realistically probably 2 and at absolute most probably 4-5 the Shibs or Chock and Bates are the two with the best chance. This assumes teams hit their levels as they usually do though- If H/D have another miraculous all level 4's skate and both the Shibs and C/B are dinged, they might be able to spoil even with their lower PCS. You do have to keep in mind that due to PCS factoring though their PCS disadvantage is actually greater in the free than in the short unless the judges decide overnight that their PCS have massively improved, which has happened in the past to certain skaters or teams, but rarely. Weaver/Poje and or Cappelini/Lanotte might have an outside chance too but I think that their chances are diminished both by not being in the final group and by the fact that they don't get quite the kind of PCS they used to.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was at balcony level during SD. After getting used to be there high it was quite different and interesting see the dance there. The Finns were disappointed to the scores, and did not understand why there were so low. I really agree with the judges. I really don't understand rules of the dance yet, but they made many light mistakes and it was easy to see other pairs were better. I even felt some of the pairs below them made better, but it is the level thing I am not familiar with. I wished so much somebody of the Finns could have made it to free, because Finnish figure skating needs it and Cessiville had the best chance. But they were not perfect and they should have been to do it.

Shibutanis had a great timing during twizzles.