Wishes and dreams "outside the podium"? | Golden Skate

Wishes and dreams "outside the podium"?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Most people would like to see the skaters from their home countries will do their best, clean programs etc but do you have other favourites, if we talk about the skaters who are not favourites to reach the podium? Have you wishes like I wish Anne Line Gjersem makes the free or Alexander Majorov makes the top10, Mariah Bell skates like she did in skate America and Laurine L in Euros. Well, For Mariah and Laurine skates like that can have the result in top10, even in top6.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I want Rika Hongo to make top 10. And yeah, if Laurine made top 10 it'd be awesome.

Deniss Vasiljevs making top 10.

Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch and James/Cipres top 5 finish would be my wildest dream though.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Most people would like to see the skaters from their home countries will do their best, clean programs etc but do you have other favourites, if we talk about the skaters who are not favourites to reach the podium? Have you wishes like I wish Anne Line Gjersem makes the free or Alexander Majorov makes the top10, Mariah Bell skates like she did in skate America and Laurine L in Euros. Well, For Mariah and Laurine skates like that can have the result in top10, even in top6.

Haha, spot on: Anne Line and Joshi to make the cut. And Majorov to succeed good enough to charm the Swedish olympic committee(probably that means being top ten) and get their support. I so want him on the Olympic team next season after all he’s gone through.

Also hopes for the Finnish skaters to have the skates of their lives on home ice :)

Great thread :thank: I’m sure it will be loooong!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Top 10 for Deniss & Alexei (so Israel can get 2 spots)

No major meltdowns for Moris, Kevin, Max, or Michal

Misha Ge skates 2 amazing programs

Russian men somehow earn 3 spots

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Top 10 for Deniss & Alexei (so Israel can get 2 spots)

No major meltdowns for Moris, Kevin, Max, or Michal

Misha Ge skates 2 amazing programs

Russian men somehow earn 3 spots

YES! That's one of my wishes too! I really want for Mika and Maxim to skate lights out and secure 3 spots. They both have potential to do so. They just need to hit it off.

My other wishes is to Michal place top10 again. For Duskova/Bidar to secure spot for Olympics. For Kaliszek/Spodirev as well. For Alexei Bychenko to place in top10, so he and Daniel Samohin both can skate in Olympics. And I want for Gilles/Poirier to be healthy and skate lights out to show off what progress they made and ho good team they became :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes! Too many to list!

I'm going to be there, and I'm taking flags to wave for 22 different countries.
And I rarely buy a country's flag for just a single skater or pairs/dance team.
Perhaps that gives an idea of how many skaters I have hopes for, and will be cheering for?

Most of them have no realistic chance of getting anywhere near the podium...
but they have goals and dreams all the same, and I am hoping they can achieve them.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yes! Too many to list!

I'm going to be there, and I'm taking flags to wave for 22 different countries.
And I rarely buy a country's flag for just a single skater or pairs/dance team.
Perhaps that gives an idea of how many skaters I have hopes for, and will be cheering for?

Most of them have no realistic chance of getting anywhere near the podium...
but they have goals and dreams all the same, and I am hoping they can achieve them.

22 flags? Wow! Hope you're going to have great time cheering on your faves :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish:

Kevin Reynolds hits 2 clean programs and does well enough along with Patrick Chan to get 3 spots back for Canadian men.

Maxim Kovtun to skate very very very well.

Ashley Wagner skating lights out (I mean Idk how the podium situation will be this year).

Jason Brown to get a PB.

Norwayskater

Rinkside
Ladies:
Olympic spot for Norway (Anne line makes the free skate)
Laurine skates a clean long and get in to the top 10
Joshi lands clean 3+3 and calm her eyebrows
Ashley skates clean and better than ever
No tears in the kiss and cry
Kostner skates lights out and get a standig ovaiton.
The music is muted during Meds step sequence
Finnish girl skated to good programs in front of home audience

Men:
Javi skated amazing and lands his third quad
Chen lands everything (because its going to be amazing to witness in person)
Ivan righini becomes healthy, re-enters worlds and charms the audiences pants off
Valter virtanen skates great in front of hime audience
Kovtun does his weird program and everyone is confused but also slightly charmed

Pairs:
The french has a repeat of europeans
Russian drama (please?)
The german skates beautifully
The canadians lands quads

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I have many wishes for those who have no real chances to finish near the podium or in the Top 10.

Men:

- Misha Ge for 2 clean skates, standing ovation after his beautiful Nutcracker FS
- MCM to do well :)
- Michal Brezina not to pop anything :) and a new SB
- Deniss Vasiljevs to do well
- Denis Ten not to have a meltdown as he did at AWG
- Virtanen to do well in his home country
- good luck to many other skaters like Jinseo, Vrdoljak, Yee, Chafik, Fentz, Tanaka, Graham, Moris...etc. etc. :)

Ladies:

- Ivett for two clean skates!
- Dabin Choi to finish in the Top 10
- Elizabet Tursynbaeva to skate two perfect programs
- Zijun to skate her heart out and get new personal bests
- Hanzlikova to do well
- Anne Line to get to FS
- Rika for a perfect Riverdance & standing ovation
- Emmi Peltonen to do well

Pairs:

- Beklemisheva/Magyar to skate well
- Marchei/Hotarek and Knierims to do well
- James/Cipres to get new PBs and get as near to the podium as possible

Ice Dance:

-good luck to Törn/Partanen, Agafonova/Ucar, Weaver/Poje, Min/Gamelin

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Personally, I would really like to see Wakaba Higuchi skate well: she has two splendid program and she has never performed them to their full potential this season, except maybe for the SP at Nationals. With clean performances she can be really great!

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariah Bell, Alexandrovskaya/Windsor, Graham Newberry, Anastasia Galustyan, Nicole Rajicova, and Ziegler/Kiefer to have the skates of their lives!

clippers8200

On the Ice
Dabin Choi for the top 10 so Korea can have two spots for PC. And lots of clean skates for everyone! :gclap:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All of the PBs for team Australia.

Jason to have a high-scoring, pristine, stunning skate and the US men to get three spots back.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I want an unpredictable and exciting pairs event, and a result that is unexpected in terms of Olympic Quotas.

ATM it looks like
3 for Canada, 3 for China, 3 for Russia
And Italy, France, Germany, United States wanting 2 spots (one nation is going to only have one spot).

And then a handful of nations that just want one spot.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm just going to blatantly cheat on the thread and talk about the podium.

But it will be an original take, I promise. No names mentioned...

I hope someone medals who is not on most people's short list for podium.

I think it's exciting when a skater has a breakout performance at an important event.

It will be even more exciting if that skater is from a non-traditional power.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Almost everyone I like has no realistic chance to podium ... it's a requirement;)

Jason Brown: bring it, just bring it, with "The Piano". Lay it down like we know you can.:hap10: And touch everyone in the audience like you already do.

Deniss Vasiljevs: top ten? or at least top 15 again. Charm everyone like we know you can. Those spins, that smile, that exuberance. And the best looking combo of coach and skater out there.:biggrin:

Misha Ge: If this is the last performance, make it memorable. Personally I like "out there" Misha better than "ballet guy" Misha, but any Misha will do.

Julian Yee: Best James Brown this side of Memphis. Landing jumps he shouldn't land. Keep improving those spins.

and outside of the men...

Alexa and Chris: they have been through *so* much. Just glad to see them on the ice.

And I too would love to see another Grant Hochstein-type SOHL from an unheralded skater. Bring it!:hap10::hap10::hap10:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Like many others, I hope that BOTH Da Bin Choi and Laurine Lecavalier finish in the top 10 so that they can secure 2 spots for their countries (or maybe even 3...who knows? :biggrin:).

And I hope that Zijun will be fired up by this recent chaos with the Chinese Federation and use that energy to skate her heart out here and make a statement! Go Zijun!!! :cheer2:

Skye

On the Ice
I hope the Koreans can secure at least 1 spot in each discipline for the Olympics at home next year. Since they don't have a pairs entry (wonder why not? :confused:) let's hope that my favorites Ryom/Kim can make it instead. :luv17: