2017 Worlds on-site reports | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds on-site reports

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Looking at that - Shoma Uno as a little boy is just ADORABLE!

Strangely enough, I always thought kid-Shoma was a bit awkward. So small...and why are they flipping out over that kid? Looking back it's fun, but I definitely prefer the senior Shoma.

Merjan

On the Ice
On Sunday I happened to see the former president of Finland, Tarja Halonen and her husband on 3rd floor.
I went to all the small medal ceremonies on the stage at the arena. The crowd was crazy and it was so hot and thousands of people when Yuzu, Shoma and Boyang were there. I'm short so I couldn't take really good photos there. At the small medals of the pairs I saw Robin and Xue Shen there near the stage. I even talked to Xue. I told her that I saw her and Hongbo skate here in 1999 at Worlds.
When all the pairs were asked who will win at the Olympics no one first replied but then Bruno lifted Aljona's hand up... :)
I took photos of Mariah, Laurence & Nikolaj, Valentina & Ondrej, Jorik and Kaetlyn off ice. And of Jenna McCorkell and Kevin van der Perren (maybe wrong spelling of Jenna's name).
I cried with a nice Italian lady after Yuzuru's FP. So happy to see it. I even got a post card with Yuzu's picture on Saturday. The week went by so quickly. It wasn't fun to be back at work on Monday.

kiches

Final Flight
Hi everyone, a bit late sharing this but I'm slowly uploading all the videos I recorded in Helsinki to my dailymotion account. A lot of them are Yuzuru-centric since he's my favorite, but I have some run-through videos of other teams and skaters as well.

I'm going to try and blog about each event in the coming days, but here's the first, very lengthy, post I wrote last night about witnessing Yuzuru's world record breaking free skate. It's long, and just a bit embarrassing, I have a couple photos from the medal ceremony in it. It was really an unbelievable feeling to witness in person and more than what I, as a fan, could've hoped for:
https://kichessarjilian.tumblr.com/post/159229154314/witnessing-a-world-record-hope-legacy-in

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I took a lot of photos, of a great many skaters...! So it's going to take a long time to sift through them all, create galleries and upload...!

Galleries of individual skaters will be uploaded HERE as I create them.

The first gallery (Hanyu) is up already...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I took a lot of photos, of a great many skaters...! So it's going to take a long time to sift through them all, create galleries and upload...!

Galleries of individual skaters will be uploaded HERE as I create them.

The first gallery (Hanyu) is up already...

Thank you! :thank: :bow:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Great photos, YesWay.....That Prince outfit....it hides nothing....no...quite the opposite....:devil:

This is probably the best catch ever.
If you're not already, you should become a professional, YesWay. Sports Photography is hard and you have it down! Can't wait for more.

Last edited: