Jenny Kirk's Programs | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk's Programs

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I checked out Jenny's bio on usfsa.org and found her programs for the new season:

SP: Chicago
LP: Beatles concerto featuring 'Imagine'

So, she's keeping her Chicago SP. However, I wonder if it will be reworked by Lori Nichol. I'm kind of dreading seeing her LP, which could basically be Beatles/John Lennon in muzak style. I hope it is better than her Abba LP, which was Abba in muzak style. I'm glad she ended up ditching that program.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

berthes ghost

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
I'm kind of dreading seeing her LP, which could basically be Beatles/John Lennon in muzak style. I hope it is better than her Abba LP, which was Abba in muzak style.
Lori certainly seems to be on a kick with these rock orchestrations. :laugh: I'm quessing that Jenny's LP will probably be more like Fumie's "Paint it black" and Tim's "Queen symphony" than her Abba rountine. Still, Beetles medleys seem to be heading straight for the overused skating music hall of fame. :laugh:

Olderbear

Rinkside
I have mixed feelings about keeping "Chicago." On the one hand, I love it and think it is a great vehicle for Jenny. OTOH, I hate to see any skater repeat a previous program unless he/she missed a good part of the previous season.

As far as the LP is concerned, I guess we'll have to wait and see. As with Tim's SP, I hope Frank & Lori know what they're doing.

Can't wait for the new season to start, and ALL THAT JAZZ!

S

SkateFan4Life

hrmsk8ngnutt said:
I checked out Jenny's bio on usfsa.org and found her programs for the new season:

SP: Chicago
LP: Beatles concerto featuring 'Imagine'

So, she's keeping her Chicago SP. However, I wonder if it will be reworked by Lori Nichol. I'm kind of dreading seeing her LP, which could basically be Beatles/John Lennon in muzak style. I hope it is better than her Abba LP, which was Abba in muzak style. I'm glad she ended up ditching that program.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

I echo your sentiments concerning the Beatles concerto for Jenny's long program. I sure it the orchestration is NOT "muzak style". :eek: If it is, it will be a good moment to click the "mute" button while she skates.