2017 World Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great OP, Doris! :bow:

I won't see any of this, so I wish all the best to all Ladies tomorrow! Skate clean gals! Make me happy, my favourites ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think i can just make it through Gabby before I have to leave for class. I'll try to get up in time for Kaetlyn.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
From the schedule, the last three groups are going to be weird for my schedule, since they partly cover my lunch break, which will require me to actually have to drive home, which loses me some time. Maybe I should bring food with me and just eat at work and keep watching. If I get a good, working stream, that is.

Warwick360

Medalist
I feel badly but i think i will skip all of this except for the last 2 groups... even then, it will be a record breaking wake up time for me... but there's is no way i can wake up at 4am to start watching....

Doing the same. Although it matches my time zone. Just a bit upset and confused at how the B.Eurosport has laid out the broadcasting schedule right now, with many of the coverage being not live, and also by the fact that they've labeled quite a few coverage as "Free Pairs Live". :hslap:

desertskates

Medalist
I'll get up at about 5 :eekn: here on the left coast to catch the last two groups, that's do-able for me. I'm in agreement with apgold--Caro should be in the lead at that point.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Zzzz, I get intend to get up around 4 am:yawn: I might still get the first group...Unfortunately, at that hour I can't turn on my espresso maker, as it is too noisy for such an early hour

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I feel your pain guys, it was like that for me for the last 3 worlds... Europe couldn't be happier today :biggrin:
I'll still be in class for the majority of it though...

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
Gah, my coworker and boss arrive in our office (which we all share) just in time for Evgenia and the last group... so can't watch it live... grrrr! I can at least see Kaetlyn, though. The rest will have to be watched on CBC at night... so, do I spoil it for myself and check the scores asap once I get home? or do I wait for the broadcast to be surprised... decisions, decisions.... I don't know if I have the inner fortitude to stop myself from checking, LOL!!

Either way, hope it's a great event and people step up and WANT that clean skate.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I actually ran around my room in excitement when I pulled up the live result page. :p

(I might stalk it during my boring classes. If I miss everything, though, go everyone! :cheer:)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Go Zijun, , Go Xiangxiang, Go Caro, Go Osmond, Go Garb! Get the spots for the Olympics! and go everybody!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
SIX HOURS LEFT GUYS

I'll be asleep since that's just before 4 AM Eastern US time, but still. SIX HOURS.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I posted this earlier in the pre-event thread:

A random but not a particularly interesting fact is that for the past three World Championships, the winner was always the skater who skated first in her SP group.
2014 - Asada skated first in the 2nd-last group
2015 - Tuktamysheva skated first in the final group
2016 - Medvedeva skated first in the final group

If this happens again this time, Medvedeva will be the winner again. But I guess that's not a surprise at all...:biggrin:

Sorry for this pointless post that I wanted to point out. Anyway, I'm cheering for everyone to do well! :cheer:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
So, I wanted to watch the Ladies SP Practice today. I found that ISU does a live stream of the practice on YouTube today (LIVE), just the practice starting on 8:30 pm PDT and ends right before the ladies event starts. I just wanted to know if ISU streams in YouTube are geoblocked, just like Eurovision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I vote Kaetlyn to win by a slimist of margins and for Anna to have a nightmare (I wish she does well), but I think Anna will stumble from all the pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk