Thread: 2017 NHK Trophy Pre-event Chat

Visitor

1 Not allowed!
    oh i like the new "entries" website ...

Tripping on the Podium Tastetherainbow's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    It'll take some time to get used to as the format was basically the same since mid 2000s but... I like it too!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastetherainbow View Post
    It'll take some time to get used to as the format was basically the same since mid 2000s but... I like it too!
    Funnily enough, I was coming in to say that I didn't like it.

The reason it's different is that this Entries / Results page has been made by a local Japanese company, Comnet Corp. So, there were probably copyright reasons why it couldn't be exactly the same as the pages we are used to, which are made by Swiss Timing Ltd (part of Swatch).

I'm actually surprised that the JSF were able to have a local company do the Entries / Results page for the NHK Trophy, because I would have thought that the contract that the ISU had with Swiss Timing would have been for all ISU run events.

Clearly the JSF contract with Comnet is stronger than the ISU contract with Swiss Timing.

Anyway, I think we should reserve judgement on this version of the Entries / Results page until we see if the Live Scoring runs smoothly. That'll be the acid test...

CaroLiza_fan

Tripping on the Podium Tastetherainbow's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post

The reason it's different is that this Entries / Results page has been made by a local Japanese company, Comnet Corp. So, there were probably copyright reasons why it couldn't be exactly the same as the pages we are used to, which are made by Swiss Timing Ltd (part of Swatch).

I'm actually surprised that the JSF were able to have a local company do the Entries / Results page for the NHK Trophy, because I would have thought that the contract that the ISU had with Swiss Timing would have been for all ISU run events.

Clearly the JSF contract with Comnet is stronger than the ISU contract with Swiss Timing.

Anyway, I think we should reserve judgement on this version of the Entries / Results page until we see if the Live Scoring runs smoothly. That'll be the acid test...

CaroLiza_fan
    Ahhhh I see the "created by comnet" at the bottom! Maybe it will be temporary then. I understand the pages for Japan Open and WTT, but I'm also confused as to why they would make a different page for NHK as it's an ISU sanctioned event. Maybe GPF will be the same since it's in Japan...?

And you're right, we should see the Live Scoring before giving a verdict... although ISU certainly hasn't set the bar too high.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I don't like the font. But yeah, let's wait and see what the live scoring will look like.

Edited:
    I take that back. It was only the front page, the starting orders are okay. It's probably just a case of getting used to it.

3 Not allowed!
    I didn't realise up until this very second that all 4 world champions are going to compete in Japan

0 Not allowed!
    The font and faded colors look weird.

Also I'm probably not going to get to watch because of the time zone issues booo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7