2017 World Ladies FS | Page 112 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies FS

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
When she repeated the combination at a later point at Europeans, you could see how much she was fighting for it. It's so hard to do in the later half, that's why almost no one does it. It seems that only a select few Tuberidze skaters have the strength to do it. I don't skate myself, but it is perhaps because the more sporty types like Anna, Gabrielle and Kaetlyn have higher and more powerful jumps? It's harder for them then say Evgenia and Satoko because their jumps don't take the oomph out of them like that. You hardly see Evgenia out of breath. Same as falling, when Anna falls it's hard to come back because it takes her breath away physically.
Yes, it seems to be tougher for the more muscular skaters. Also for the men imo. But Anna didn't seem to have a problem with the 2A-1L-3S, so I guess she probably also trains that from time to time. But the axel is not a jump that she's very comfortable with, this was plan C.
But I also think that you saw fatigue in Evgenia when she did that additional 3T at Europeans it was clearly under. Same goes for Satoko imo. They rotate very fast but they don't have limitless power. And falling is the toughest thing that can happen during a program.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
From a performance perspective, it's clear that Pogorilaya is incapable of giving less than 200% of herself. Wagner is similar in this way, but I think Wagner is more of an entertainer whereas Pogorilaya is working with raw feeling. It can't be faked with technique (from a performance perspective, not talking about the athletic side). But it isn't actually a problem. Everyone's different and everyone's greatest strength comes with a downside. She's working on such a high level and has been nearly rock solid all season. I hope she goes on to conquer everything.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I don't think Osmond stepped out of 3T - it was just sloppy.

She didn't step out, she got full credit but negative GOE for the landing. So the only error was the doubling of the loop, but most importantly she achieved her goal; aim for excellence and not perfection, landing 6 triples in the process. ;)

viennaskater

Medalist
Garbage program (Medvedeva), but perfect execution. I hate the program, but I doubt it will be beaten.

Awful program, tasteless and it's all calculated - she does tano jumps ad nauseum just to milk points. And she doesn't have an ounce of style that Carolina Kostner and the Canadian girls have.
I personally love Anna Pogorilaya's free, but sadly it all went wrong. Such a shame.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Anna..... I still want to comfort and hug her.... :sad46:

but your comment ..... :rofl2: it's so funny to read such comments .....:rofl2: You even made me laugh^^ :laugh:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Awful program, tasteless and it's all calculated - she does tano jumps ad nauseum just to milk points. And she doesn't have an ounce of style that Carolina Kostner and the Canadian girls have.
I personally love Anna Pogorilaya's free, but sadly it all went wrong. Such a shame.
I'm not a fan of her program either, but she performed it well. Her presentation and interpretation impressed me more than at last year's Europeans (that's when I last saw her compete in person). Of course you can't compare her style to Carolina's or the Canadian ladies. :)