2017 Worlds: Pairs SP Highlights | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds: Pairs SP Highlights

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In an event of high drama, the pairs short program delivered highs and lows as well as tears, cheers and jeers at the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships in Helsinki, Finland.

More

What are your thoughts on the Pairs SP?

LRK

Record Breaker
From the article:

Russians Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov rallied from an injury to Tarasova’s right leg in the morning practice to finish third with a score of 79.37. Morozov’s blade sliced Tarasova’s leg open requiring fourteen stitches, according to coach Nina Mozer. Despite the injury, Tarasova was determined to skate and the team managed a strong level four triple twist, side-by-side triple toe loops and a squeaky throw triple loop during the spirited outing to “Glam (Electro Swing Remix)”.

“We were thinking about withdrawing because after this incident, we left the ice immediately. There was a long break off the ice, we didn’t know how I would feel in skates,” explained Tarasova about her harrowing morning. “But when I was asked ‘will you skate?’ I said, ‘I will!’ And I wasn’t thinking about the pain during our performance.”

“It was hard for me,” added Morozov. “I was worrying about my partner maybe even more than she was. I tried to support her and to do everything that depended on me. It was totally her decision to skate. She is a hero for all our country and for me.”

tulosai

Record Breaker
From the article:

Russians Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov rallied from an injury to Tarasova’s right leg in the morning practice to finish third with a score of 79.37. Morozov’s blade sliced Tarasova’s leg open requiring fourteen stitches, according to coach Nina Mozer. Despite the injury, Tarasova was determined to skate and the team managed a strong level four triple twist, side-by-side triple toe loops and a squeaky throw triple loop during the spirited outing to “Glam (Electro Swing Remix)”.

“We were thinking about withdrawing because after this incident, we left the ice immediately. There was a long break off the ice, we didn’t know how I would feel in skates,” explained Tarasova about her harrowing morning. “But when I was asked ‘will you skate?’ I said, ‘I will!’ And I wasn’t thinking about the pain during our performance.”

“It was hard for me,” added Morozov. “I was worrying about my partner maybe even more than she was. I tried to support her and to do everything that depended on me. It was totally her decision to skate. She is a hero for all our country and for me.”

These two get all my respect. That's real grit and determination.

I do sincerely hope she's still feeling okay and that they'll skate well tonight too :cheer: