2017 Worlds: Short Dance Highlights | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds: Short Dance Highlights

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ice dancers were the last discipline to begin competing at the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships in Helsinki, and quite possibly, saved the best for last with a short dance that was replete with crowd-rousing performances and a world record score.

More

What's your take on the SD performances in Helsinki?

Hubell and Donohue came out of the shadows. Great dancing and great score. Much as I like the Shibs and Chock and Bates, I think the U.S. ice dance ranks are far from cut and dried.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I learned something about myself. I thought I was getting into ice dance.

This is a lie. I just really like the Shibutani's. :slink:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tessa and Scott :love:

ETA: My Dad watched on CBC tonight and told me what he thought. On C/B (he called them the girl with dark hair and the blond guy who don't match): they don't match well visually, Evan doing Bad to the Bone doesn't work, the Uptown Funk part was better, he should dye his hair. On S/S: they move very similarly, so they match well, they don't have as many moments where they are doing different movements as other teams making it seem a bit less creative and interesting, they clearly have good execution, but they don't seem to skate 'big' the way some of the other teams do and when the commentator said they did good hip hop, "what hip hop?". On H/D (or as he called them, the ones with 17 music cuts): why? And when I explained the concept of the program from an interview I read, 'it's a good idea ... in theory'. This one was just about the music though, not the skating. On P/C: I saw when he cut his hand. There was a good amount of blood. He's not only got great elegant lines, but he's also very expressive. On G/P (the disco ones where the guy is going to shave his moustache after): they're fun, they said he's going to live stream the shaving. On V/M: they're amazing, best speed, best precision, musicality, selling Prince, they have the best matching lines, they look they're themselves having a blast.

Not all the same as my takes, but I thought I'd share.

Last edited: