Michelle's New Programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle's New Programs

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Jaana said:
Oh yeah, those were the days as Ilia was still eligible skater... Could you perhaps share something about those Ilia Kulik practices, please?

BTW, have you had the possibility to visit the Newington rink, CT, where Ilia is now?

Marjaana

No - but I recently moved to the New Haven area, so I'm going to have to start checking out the rinks in this state. I like to watch the local regional and sectional competitions when they pass through. Seeing elite skaters is just a bonus.

Gosh - Ilia trained in Marlborough so long ago. Around 97. I vividly remember his Romeo and Juliet practices. His 3 axles were so beautiful! Those pink cheeks of his were visible all the way to the last row. I was only able to go once and while. But I remember there were many younger female skaters that loved to drool over him every day! But he wasn't there very long.

Surya Bonaly and Oksana Bauil passed through Marlborough on several occasions (again years ago) to practice at the rink.

MFarone, thanks for the info and welcome!:)

Did you see michelle's nationals practice? How did The Feeling Begins choreography work with the Tango music?!

To me, its easier to believe this choice for the SP than the Lion king for the long. Although Michelle is a Disney spokesperson (Mickey, Minnie and Michie), the last time she skated to Disney music was Pocahontas.

Mathman

Heyang - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My favorite way of going to B'way plays was when I was in college. My buddies and I used to hang out by the theatre entrance during the summer months (very hot nights and no one wore coats). When intermission came, we just walked into the theatre with the rest of the playgoers and carefully found empty seats. So we saw the second act of every show on B'way. That was all along time ago. Nowadays I use TKTS for half price tickets. I saw The Boy from Oz twice. Jackman is incredible.

Joe

mpal2

Final Flight
I was at MK's Nationals practice when the Tango music played and I was sitting just a few seats back from the control booth as well so I overheard a couple of tidbits.

It was a little disconcerting to see The Feeling Begins choreography skated to a tango but it was very interesting. The footwork section worked spectacularly well. :laugh:

After her run through, she went to collect the tape and they asked if they had played the wrong music. She said the music was wrong but it was her tape. :D

Based on the length of the music, I can easily believe that the tango was intended to be the short program at some point but got switched back to TFB. I'm even willing to bet that the footwork section is at approximately the same time as TFB because that was the only part of the music that seemed to fit together with the choreography.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Skate Sandee said:
No - but I recently moved to the New Haven area, so I'm going to have to start checking out the rinks in this state. I like to watch the local regional and sectional competitions when they pass through. Seeing elite skaters is just a bonus.

Gosh - Ilia trained in Marlborough so long ago. Around 97. I vividly remember his Romeo and Juliet practices. His 3 axles were so beautiful! Those pink cheeks of his were visible all the way to the last row. I was only able to go once and while. But I remember there were many younger female skaters that loved to drool over him every day! But he wasn't there very long.

Surya Bonaly and Oksana Bauil passed through Marlborough on several occasions (again years ago) to practice at the rink.

Thanks for the info! Yes, Ilia was there only two years, from summer 1996 till summer 1998.

Marjaana

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the welcome Mathman. I've lurked for a long time so I feel like I know all of you! I went to all of the senior ladies practices from Tuesday on in Atlanta. The short program practice was really strange. Michelle started after the music because she was kind of confused. TFB choreography is kind of slow and sexy and the music was fast and spanish (I'm not good at identifying music). The friend I was sitting with said the music was a tango and then I remembered the rumors about a tango for the short program. Anyway, as mpal2 said the skating and music didn't go together at all until the footwork section when it seemed to mesh. Of course none of this means "a rusty hoop" to borrow the DB phrase. Doesn't mean Michelle will use that music this season. After Michelle finished skating, she kind of shook her head and slapped her hand in "my bad" kind of move and skated over to Arturian who was shaking his head too.

Maureen

MidnightNess

Rinkside
Heh, I'm really hoping this is true because I just listened to "King of Pride Rock" from the Lion King soundtrack and I liked what I heard. It ended with the reprise of the Circle of Life and it was really good stuff, not as cheesy as I imagined. Dark and moody at first, then it just builds up and explodes into an ending.

ladybug

On the Ice
I am a little confused. The poster said she has planned in her long program a 3F/3T and 3S/3T but after her run through she did 3T/3T. I would think she would practice one of the 3/3's she will be using in her long program.

I think someone is having lots of fun watching pages and pages of people posting replies to something they may have made up in their head.

No matter what or how she skates, I wish her the best of luck this coming season.

Ladybug

R.D.

Record Breaker
lotusland said:
Please excuse my ignorance in this matter, but where is Michelle practicing? :confused:

Isn't it in the Lake Arrowhead region (in California)?

JOHIO2

Medalist
You can tell it is the off season. We're speculating about Michelle's program with little evidence. I guess it would help if I knew that the people making these claims actually have seen her practice or talked to someone close to her.

That being said, I would love to see Michelle do a tango program. That young lady could do saucy attitude and I would enjoy seeing it.

Aside to Maureen, welcome to the board. Now that you have stopped lurking, we expect to hear more from you! :)

fanforlady2001

Rinkside
I just wish she would announce it so we do not have to speculate on if they are trolls making stuff up knowing mk fans will jump at every rumor possible. It sounds believable but you never know, I will just wait until she announces it or we have people confirming it to believe anything.

fanforlady2001 said:
I just wish she would announce it so we do not have to speculate on if they are trolls making stuff up knowing mk fans will jump at every rumor possible. It sounds believable but you never know, I will just wait until she announces it or we have people confirming it to believe anything.

When I call Michelle "the mysterious one", you know I'm not making it up. I don't think we will find anything definitive on the MKF pages and I don't believe she has a personal web page a la a Diary. We'll probably begin to get an inkling of what she will be skating for the season as Campbell's nears. But, then, she may not reveal a new program at Campbells. Oh Michelle :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
This is just all too funny :laugh:

Good thing I don't care one way or the other... :rolleye:

How many more MK rumours will there be? :mad:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm kind of hoping that Michelle uses the tango. I enjoy watching Michelle skate no matter what the music is but I found it really hard to like Song of the Black Swan. I guess the tango music has been used fairly often by other skaters, but it was interesting music and it did have an attitude. We'll probably have an answer at Skate America - even though the ladies short programs are generally not broadcast in the US. I'm sure there will be lots of reports from those attending the event! Don't know about the long program rumors, but heck its the off season so why not speculate.

Maureen

JamieDavid

Rinkside
Well I hope I can clear all the rumors up by telling everyone I skated with Michelle a few weeks ago and she was working on choreography. The music was very pretty and classical like. I have heard it before but don't know the name. :confused: It was up in Lake Arrowhead by the way. :)

Fossi

Final Flight
Does anyone know the schedule for Skate America? When she SP's and LP's will take place? When will they be broadcast?