2017 Worlds Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Shame about the fall on the twizzles, because that was better up to that point than the 4CC performance. Lovely position on the stationary lift (the other lifts aren't nearly as memorable). Otherwise, a pretty Standard Issue FD, no? But it's good to see they are progressing. Practice those twizzles! :)
ETA: Ouch for Igor--looks like he'll have the bottom 2 teams of the FD.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear, twizzle disaster. Still a team on the rise though, I think (agreed with you there, Tulosai!).

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'd be more than happy to see the current short dance podium stay as is like the ladies did from short to free. :biggrin:

You want H/D in third? I like their FD more than the Shibs FD but I think the Shibs will end up 3rd.

I'm really hopeful that G/P have a good skate and get some good marks.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
You want H/D in third? I like their FD more than the Shibs FD but I think the Shibs will end up 3rd.

I'm really hopeful that G/P have a good skate and get some good marks.

I absolutely want H&D to be third! It won't happen, but I'm crossing my fingers. The Shibs have given me consistency this season but nothing else. Their free this year is nothing compared to "Fix You" while Hubbell & Donohue make me believe that love between two taken lovers is still possible. :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
That had some very nice moments (I love when she does that brief solo layback) but these two overall are a bit snoozy to me- I'd like to see what they could do with music that's a bit more energetic throughout, not just at the very end.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great job from Wang/Liu!

And add me to the chorus of voices that wants H/D on the podium!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Chinese dance teams do like their American musical programs, don't they? This isn't nearly as good as their SD--a bit of a snoozefest. On the other hand, they've come a longggggggggggggggggggg way the last few years.

Lota

Record Breaker
That was really nice! They were kinda generic, but really energetic :yes:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Against all odds, her mermaid bra dress works for me with this music. I like the old school charm amid all the weepy contemporary we're getting this season, I hope they continue to improve and rise!

MIM

Medalist
I like this Chinese team. China has such a strong pair teams and I wonder dance training can be affected Pair's training methods, too. Their body size is nicely balanced and the movements are very pleasing to eyes.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Olivia's neon dress is making me excited for this progr-

oh no, wait. yep it's more weepy contemporary. oh well

tulosai

Record Breaker
MAJOR props to Olivia for saving that twizzle. Now that's true competitive spirit and grit.

These two are definitely my favorite new team this year, I can't wait to see what the future holds for them :cheer:

glorybox6

Final Flight
TES doesn't seem as low as i'd have thought considering that swizzle error..

Looks like they'll still win First Group Worlds, right?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I am just amazed at the difference in Diaz since the partner change. He looks so much more committed, even with the twizzle screwups. I'll give Marie France credit--she does some of her better work with him and his partner. The lifts were inspired.

Give them time. They need seasoning. But there's something there.

tulosai

Record Breaker
TES doesn't seem as low as i'd have thought considering that swizzle error..

Looks like they'll still win First Group Worlds, right?

They might not end up losing a level on the twizzle, though GOE will surely be impacted. ETA: It does seem based on score the level was dinged.

Last edited: