2017 Worlds Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Free Dance

MIM

Medalist
That was creative and well-fitting lift to the skaters and to the music!!
Adria found the perfect partner. Her postures were just :luv17: Spain is blessed with two amazing dance teams now.

Dammm Twizzle. I am pretending that did not happened.

glorybox6

Final Flight
"Twizzles are hard, guys."

Loving Olivia's comments -- can she commentate on the rest of the event?

thoakun

Final Flight
Messy twizzles.

Why did Sara and Adria stop skating together btw?
The bombed an early season event (Finlandia if I'm not mistaken). She didn't even sit next to him in the KnC. I think it boiled down to lack of trust in a partnership.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

I believe Sara broke them up, given how she gave him holy hell in the K&C at their last competition together (if I'm remembering correctly).

I believe the PC explanation would be "artistic differences," but I would guess that "different work ethics" might be closer to the mark.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh lord. Don't ask.

The short version is it appears they had intense interpersonal problems that prevented the partnership from continuing.

Okay.. I'm not asking :laugh:

But don't they have citizenship issues with both new partners?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Messy twizzles.

Why did Sara and Adria stop skating together btw?

"Creative differences"? ?I think one of them said in an interview that there had always been a lot of tension between them and they'd gone through a lot of bad patches, and he thought they'd work it out like they had before, but she decided to end it. But don't take that as gospel, since I just staggered out of bed and haven't had any coffee yet.

thoakun

Final Flight
I'm supposed to dislike them for taking H/K spot but they're amazing, and she has good fashion taste and humor :agree:.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
ID breakups are always so dramatic. No one does drama like IDers.

Team Poland is on the ice. Go team Dirty Dance.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh, I'll settle for a decent morning. I've got a really annoying cold, so grateful for skating to distract me. But blargh. :yawn:

auser

Record Breaker
I am just amazed at the difference in Diaz since the partner change. He looks so much more committed, even with the twizzle screwups. I'll give Marie France credit--she does some of her better work with him and his partner. The lifts were inspired.

Give them time. They need seasoning. But there's something there.
On a shallower note, I do like her skating dress. Add it to my wish list of potential cocktail dresses that started earlier in the season with short dance. I am trying to savor every last minute of this ice dance season as we have so little left

glorybox6

Final Flight
ID breakups are always so dramatic. No one does drama like IDers.

Right? I mean, in recent years, pairs has had the Chinese switcheroo and the Moore-Towers/Moscovitch situation and neither of those potentially volatile situations seem anywhere near that level of soap opera :drama:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Why are the Italians still wearing those costumes? Italians are known for having taste and style and these costumes with the big musical symbols are just too on the nose for my taste.

zebobes

Final Flight
Olivia is like, "We got an Olympic Spot!" and Adrian is like, "We don't know that..."

I guess the only difference would be if Italy or Russia managed to 3 spots, right? Or if another country like Israel snuck into the top ten.