Crazy Predictions Thread | Golden Skate

Crazy Predictions Thread

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Every year, after worlds.... we go hard with this crazy prediction threads.

I think layback started it last year but I haven't see her around lately... so if I may, I thought I would kick it off...

Disclaimer : this is supposed to be for entertainment only, unrealistic posts are very welcome. Please be kind and focus on creative humour ;)
When we say "Crazy Predictions" it means that we are certainly not trying to predict the future as it should or could happen... For instance, posts like "So and so" will win the Olympics shall be saved for other threads if they are quite plausible or even remotely plausible... This is to avoid upsetting fans of such and such skaters....

So here are a few to start the ball

1)Joannie Rochette, proud that the Canadian ladies have earned 3 spots, decides to come back from retirement, putting on hold her studies in medicine. She qualifies second, and is put on the team event. Canada wins Gold. She carries the flag at closing ceremonies 8 years after Vancouver... I cry so much that I ruin my carpet.

2) In an attempt to get the second spot for Canadian men, a crazy quad battle happens : Keegan Messing, Conrad Orzel, Nic Nadeau and Nam Nguyen all land 4Lo and 4Lz in the short program and are ahead of Patrick and Kevin who only brought 4s and 4t. A huge protest among the fans occurs. Justin Trudeau intervenes and declares that the 4lutz is a luxury item and will then be taxed, 25% is taken off from its base value. Patrick and Kevin now top the standings and qualify for the games. Keegan Messing, pissed off, competes for the USA where there is no tax on the 4lutz and qualifies for the games with Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou.

3) The Japanese federation is very concerned about which 2 ladies to send to the games. They conduct simulation competitions every 2-3 weeks... and end up being more and more confused as a different lady wins every time... They finally decide to put the names of the top ten at Japanese nationals in a hat and draw. Kaori and Mao go to the Olympics.

4) Miki Ando gives birth to a wonderful daughter just before the Olympics. Javier Fernandez decides to spend quality time with his family and withdraws from the event.

5) Korea, after hearing that Joannie and Mao are going to the Olympics pressures Yuna Kim to come back from retirement in the hope of reenacting the Vancouver podium. Yuna throws them in for a loop :devil: with agreeing at first and then makes sure she pops her jumps in the SP at her only event allowing her to get her TES minimums.

6) In an attempt to popularize the sport, the ISU makes mandatory Adam Rippon's costuming style, no sleeves, mesh fabric, anything that shows off the assets. Patrick Chan is furious and decides to wear board shorts and a loose tank top. Yuzuru shows up sleeveless but all the feathers he had ordered to cover his arms (he is skating to Swan Lake) are recycled into wings attached to his back. The British Eurosport Guys say in unison, when Yuzu lands his quad axel : wow !!! this boy can certainly fly. Javi, watching from home tells Miki he is very relieved as suspenders don't really work with sleeveless shirts.

7) Shin Amano is chosen to be on the tech panel for the ladies. Half of them withdraw before the event fearing carrot soup indigestion.

8) After having practiced with no success the 3A throw all season, D/R decide to replace it with the 3lz throw. However, Meagan realizes she actually can control the 3A as a solo jump and she and Eric become the first couple to land SBS 3A jumps in both the Sp and Lp at the games. Aliona gets very angry about missing the gold again and announces she will compete in Beijing. GS breaks down.

9) The Chinese federation in an attempt to get a better dance team for the team event puts Han Yan and Zijun Li together. Lori Nichol creates programs for them and they win Nationals.

10) This thread is going to hit 20 pages by WTT :)

Last edited:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
For the upcoming season and Olympics..

Every skater next season will be wearing lucky blue for the Olympics. :yes:

The gold in the men's event will be won by someone that did no quads as those that did, they fell on every single one. :points:

Japanese, Canadian and American women create a Tonya Harding conspiracy towards the Russian women thus creating an alliance for each of those 3 nations to be on the podium and rotate the gold medal around for future games. :popcorn:

The whole event at the Olympics will all be shot by sky cam :shocked:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
8) After having practiced with no success the 3A throw all season, D/R decide to replace it with the 3lz throw. However, Meagan realizes she actually can control the 3A as a solo jump and she and Eric become the first couple to land SBS 3A jumps in both the Sp and Lp at the games. Aliona gets very angry about missing the gold again and announces she will compete in Beijing. GS breaks down.

Actually, unlike D/R Aliona S/M never declared to retire/split after Korea, so very, very probable. Not crazy at all. She's like female Hao Zhang. If Meagan ever learn 3A she should compete in Ladies singles and overtake Evgenia and other Russian wonder girls :devil:
I must say I really like most of your crazy predicitions :biggrin:

Ok, mine:

1) Michal Brezina, after totally unsuccesful season with Arutunyan, decide to train under Eteri after seeing what wonders she did for Moris Kviletashivili. He qualifies to GPF and wins Europeans over Javi landing 2 quads in SP in second half and 4 quads in FP (2 4T and two 4S)

2) Chinese Federaton dith Lori Nichol as their choreographer.

3) Alexander Smirnov retire and Yuko Kavaguti come back to Japan to represent her mother country in Pairs. Team Japan has now succesful Pairs team. And they win Team event in 2022 Beijing Olympics.

4) Russia realizes that they're giving of their own quality skaters to other countries, that ends up beating them in Championships and try to stop skaters from fleeting by scoring skaters accordingly at Nationals without any inflation or reputation and/or CSKA bonus.

5) No Feeling Good program next season :biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Actually, unlike D/R Aliona S/M never declared to retire/split after Korea, so very, very probable. Not crazy at all. She's like female Hao Zhang. If Meagan ever learn 3A she should compete in Ladies singles and overtake Evgenia and other Russian wonder girls :devil:
I must say I really like most of your crazy predicitions :biggrin:
OMG.... i didn't know that.. i thought she would retire.... WOW....

Touché about Meagan LOL.... but since I brought back Joannie, I couldn't put too many girls on the Canadian team LOL

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Actually, unlike D/R Aliona S/M never declared to retire/split after Korea, so very, very probable. Not crazy at all.

She'll be like 38 then! :laugh: Although she's attempting throw 3As at 33 now, so it wouldn't surprise me if she becomes the Oksana Chusovitina of figure skating. :laugh:

I'm going to predict nobody does Carmen at the 2018 Olympics, in any discipline. :laugh:

NordEsque

On the Ice
6) In an attempt to popularize the sport, the ISU makes mandatory Adam Rippon's costuming style, no sleeves, mesh fabric, anything that shows off the assets. Patrick Chan is furious and decides to wear board shorts and a loose tank top. Yuzuru shows up sleeveless but all the feathers he had ordered to cover his arms (he is skating to Swan Lake) are recycled into wings attached to his back. The British Eurosport Guys say in unison, when Yuzu lands his quad axel : wow !!! this boy can certainly fly. Javi, watching from home tells Miki he is very relieved as suspenders don't really work with sleeveless shirts.

Everything about this is the funniest ever! :laugh2:

I LOVE the idea of an official being like "Yes guys, for the good of skating we need you all to show some more skin" :rofl: And Patrick passive-aggressively revolting with loose clothes like a hero. Also Yuzuru's purple pants will become standard, everyone is awkward about it expect Yuzuru who doesn't understand it until someone explains the very high online-fan-approval-rating and he just turns into an actual swan à la gala due to awkwardness

I badly want the Yuzuru + quad axel + feathers + b.esp reaction to come true

Last edited:

AppleEmperor

On the Ice
1) Kurt Browning is the official captain of shipping S.S. WenCong romantically. When he talks about them people get confused because shouldn't they be called Sui/Han? Wenjing tells everyone once again that, no they're not like that. At a press conference, she introduces everyone to her alien husband because no one on Earth is good enough for her. Boyang writes a poem for them on his Weibo, and takes selfies with them under cute cat filters. Sadly, the filter doesn't recognize the alien husbando.

2) By a crazy twist of fate, the OGM is actually gold. A thief steals all four and everyone goes home. The Korean skaters gather the remaining medals and plan to distribute them among themselves. Cha Jun Hwan doesn't have a bowl cut anymore, and it's so shocking that everyone else drops the medals and leave. CJH for silver-bronze medalist of all four disciplines.

3) Brian Orser is stressed to the point where he can't stress anymore. He becomes a Mahayana Buddhist and meditates throughout his skaters' practices. His hair grows back healthy just in time for the Olympics. Every time he catches Yuzuru attempting a 4A, he just smiles fondly and chuckles. Through the Lotus Scripture, he finds peace and harmony with the universe. It's all gonna be okay.

4) As fate would have it, Yuzu and Patrick meet again at Skate Canada. Patrick wins again and gets a WR in PCS. Zuzuru is shook beyond belief. And he is so. mad. Hangs the silver medal above his bed, watches PChan's skate on replay, and plays video games. "Even if you lose in battle, if you surpass what you've done before, you have bested yourself"- Marshal from Pokemon. To no one's surprise, Yuzuru wins his 5th GPF title.

5) The Shibs stop vlogging, and people are so sad that they petition for them to get their own reality tv show. The Shibs agree, and they make American skating great again. They are able to balance Olympic training with reality star life, and they make the $$$. During the Olympics, their viewer rating shoot to 200%. In honor of this great tv show, they get a cat and name it after the PC mascot.

cleo2070

Final Flight
5) The Shibs stop vlogging, and people are so sad that they petition for them to get their own reality tv show. The Shibs agree, and they make American skating great again. They are able to balance Olympic training with reality star life, and they make the $$$. During the Olympics, their viewer rating shoot to 200%. In honor of this great tv show, they get a cat and name it after the PC mascot.

After which, also at popular request, they jointly run for president - possibly against Chock/Bates - and win, thereby becoming the first Mr. and Ms. President of the United States... and the first Asian-American presidents as well :)

cleo2070

Final Flight
^
In addition, the fashion critics unanimously approve of all Maia's sartorial choices and she surpasses Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, in global popularity.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Soloviev gets smart and drops Bobrova to skate with Medvedeva. Bobrova pleads with the RUS fed to find her a new partner but they refuse. She becomes a successful Potato farmer instead.

Jason Brown decides to cut his hair and get a nose job. It amazingly helps him land 3 quads in a program, but he still fails to make the 2018 Olympic team, the US sends Rohene instead. LOL

Last edited:

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason Brown decides to cut his hair and get a nose job. It amazingly helps him land 3 quads in a program, but he still fails to make the 2018 Olympic team, the US sends Rohene instead. LOL

That's a little snarky! And soooo funny! :laugh2:

NordEsque

On the Ice
Patrick Chan comes to Pyeongchang 2018 having trained his skating skills like never before. He is first to skate and during the step sequence his deep edges cuts and destroys the ice beyond repair. The Men's event is called off and The Canadian Curse now comes to mean that when a male Canadian skater skates at a high-level competition no one is safe

Yuzuru Hanyu in the last minute of the Grand Prix Final 2017 decides to try for the 4A, however he overrotates 1/2 but manages to stay on his feet. Resulting in confusion over how the element should be scored (and whispers that he is in fact actually an alien). Brian Orser, who screamed a very dramatic "Nooooo", stumbles on to the ice (now suddenly completely bald) chasing Yuzuru, who skates away fearing for his life. The judges decide to award Brian a PCS score of 100 for his 'performance' (and he wins the gold). Tracy Wilson and Javier only sigh.

Javier, wanting to perfect and bring back his Pirates of Caribbean Free Skate from Vancouver decides to actually be drunk for authenticity (for the step sequence).

One of the top ladies executes a perfect 4Lz/4F/4L by mistake at Pyeongchang. The whole place go silent and everyone loses their minds :biggrin:

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
2022 Olympic champions:
-Boyang fulfilling his destiny as bronze medalist as his debut WC
-Zijun delivering two perfect and UR free programs for the first time ever and getting home field inflated PCS
-Sui/Han in ice dance (they said they would like to try it one day)
- Aliona and Bruno: with Aliona getting that damn Olympic gold at her sixth try

mrrice

Record Breaker
NordEsque;1701823]Patrick Chan comes to Pyeongchang 2018 having trained his skating skills like never before. He is first to skate and during the step sequence his deep edges cuts and destroys the ice beyond repair. The Men's event is called off and The Canadian Curse now comes to mean that when a male Canadian skater skates at a high-level competition no one is safe

This paragraph was freakin' awesome!!!

Last edited:

icybear

Medalist
Adelina Sotnikova returns to figure skating wins the grand prix final, europeans and breaks the WR on SP, FS, total. Terrified of Sotnikova winning Olympic gold on home turf the Korean Fed and fans convinces Kim Yuna to return. She does and performs a magnificent skate and wins the gold. Sotnikova is sabotaged by the Korean Fed and finishes last.