Crazy Predictions Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Crazy Predictions Thread

da96103

Record Breaker
Gracie Giold sabotaged Phil Hersh and Frank Caroll's travel plans to the Olympics and the two men ended up in Pyeongyang, North Korea instead of Pyeongchang, South Korea.

blackey

On the Ice
Yuzu decides to do 4a at olympics, he fell but still manage to win. Because he was unsatisfied with his unclean program he decides to go to worlds and landed the first 4a in human history.

Sackie

Medalist
When CAN skaters win individual medals and the team gold there will be no negative posts about any of them! And that in fact those who have shown themselves haters of all things CAN in skating will do nothing but praise them. Now how crazy is that! :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
When CAN skaters win individual medals and the team gold there will be no negative posts about any of them! And that in fact those who have shown themselves haters of all things CAN in skating will do nothing but praise them. Now how crazy is that! :)

we never know ;) last year i predicted that people would complain that Patrick Chan's PCS are too low... and a lot of users, unexpectedly, did so ;)

gotta believe ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) Ice Network reveals that a squirrel is discovered living in the closet that houses their servers and has been chewing on the wires causing live streams to freeze from time to time. They decide to do nothing about it and name the squirrel "Zinkers"

2) Balloons are mounted to the ice surface during GPF and the skaters are encouraged to pop them with their skates while they perform. Inside the balloons are cool bonuses like one free edge call, advance to last half of program bonus, mystery PCS, etc....

3) ISU buys a huge boat and makes the skaters travel from event to event on it. Of course it comes equipped with a rink and they make the skaters perform nightly in order to encourage fans to book a room. They televise the whole thing but geoblock the entire planet.

4) French GP doesn't change its name

5) Judges get equipped with buzzers and bells in which they use to signal their moods throughout a performance. Buzzers are bad and Bells are good.

6) Averbukh choreographs a Zika Virus inspired program.

7) Someone skates to "Wipeout" who is known to fall and actually scores the highest PCS ever!!

8) Dave Lease changes the TSL format and conducts interviews while bowling.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
2) Balloons are mounted to the ice surface during GPF and the skaters are encouraged to pop them with their skates while they perform. Inside the balloons are cool bonuses like one free edge call, advance to last half of program bonus, mystery PCS, etc....

:laugh2: awesome!!!!!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gracie Giold sabotaged Phil Hersh and Frank Caroll's travel plans to the Olympics and the two men ended up in Pyeongyang, North Korea instead of Pyeongchang, South Korea.

OMG that gave me such a laugh.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
1) Ice Network reveals that a squirrel is discovered living in the closet that houses their servers and has been chewing on the wires causing live streams to freeze from time to time. They decide to do nothing about it and name the squirrel "Zinkers"

3) ISU buys a huge boat and makes the skaters travel from event to event on it. Of course it comes equipped with a rink and they make the skaters perform nightly in order to encourage fans to book a room. They televise the whole thing but geoblock the entire planet.

4) French GP doesn't change its name

5) Judges get equipped with buzzers and bells in which they use to signal their moods throughout a performance. Buzzers are bad and Bells are good.

6) Averbukh choreographs a Zika Virus inspired program.

7) Someone skates to "Wipeout" who is known to fall and actually scores the highest PCS ever!!

8) Dave Lease changes the TSL format and conducts interviews while bowling.

Zika virus. Why not as he's got to top 911 with something.

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
1) Satoko Miyahara comes back from injury, which turned out to be fake and was only used as training time for 4Lz programs to take over the world. Debuts the 4Lz on the GP circuit and proceeds to win every competition she enters.

2) Camera work is actually okay at major competitions

3) In order to get any positive GOE, a skater must jump with one arm precisely 73.18% between chest and fully extended above the head. Anything else invalidates the jump.

4) Ice is replaced with a thick layer of snow at all competitions. Skaters no longer use blades but instead small skis.

5) New discipline is created, "Zamboni". Zamboni drivers are awarded points based on ice coverage and speed. This quickly overtakes all other disciplines to become the most popular sport worldwide. Medvedeva quickly drops her career in ladies' singles in order to perfect the 3F with tano on a Zamboni.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
1)

5) New discipline is created, "Zamboni". Zamboni drivers are awarded points based on ice coverage and speed. This quickly overtakes all other disciplines to become the most popular sport worldwide. Medvedeva quickly drops her career in ladies' singles in order to perfect the 3F with tano on a Zamboni.

Everyone on Golden Skate forgoes their breakfast/lunch/dinner, toilet break etc during zamboni time to discuss the zamboni's style and technique, if there's any edge calls, did it under or pre rotate? Was there enough grace and artistry? Heated debates far bigger than Yuna and Adelina will come from it and will have twice as many replies as Hanyu's fan thread :furious:

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This is going to stay here because it's pretty much a wish. Well, who knows, anyways.

Now that Javi placed 4th at Worlds can we have Yuzu and Javi both at Rostelecom Cup at 2017/18 season? Universe, hear me out, please!:bow:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is going to stay here because it's pretty much a wish. Well, who knows, anyways.

Now that Javi placed 4th at Worlds can we have Yuzu and Javi both at Rostelecom Cup at 2017/18 season? Universe, hear me out, please!:bow:

well... it is possible they will meet... so good luck for your wish!!!

anything else crazy you wish for? like CRAZY stuff ;) :devil:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Quads are suddenly and unexpectedly banned from FS before the Olympics. Jason Brown now is seen as the best skater in the World and wins in PyeongChang while everyone agree about him taking the highest PCS of the competition :laugh:
Given the number of Flutzes and Lips that Judges don't see in competition, ISU decides to change the rules, and announce that the Flip is taken from an outside edge and the Lutz is taken from an inside edge :dance:

da96103

Record Breaker
After the protocols are published, the scores are entered into a program that identifies rogue judges that gives unreasonable high or low scores.

They will be paraded during the gala. Audience are asked to throw rotten eggs, rotten tomatoes and fermented Scandinavian fish at them. A big bucket containing pig's blood and and another filled with weevil-infested flour will be poured from above them Carrie style.

da96103

Record Breaker
1) Satoko Miyahara comes back from injury, which turned out to be fake and was only used as training time for 4Lz programs to take over the world. Debuts the 4Lz on the GP circuit and proceeds to win every competition she enters.

To add on to this:

Empress Dowager Tatiana comments during Satoko's Olympic winning program:

"For a small girl like her with such low height jumps, she should not be able to do the 4Lz but I know how she does it. Remember the time she skipped Worlds last year (2017). She actually was meditating in a temple in Miyajima for 88 days to obtain a time-slowing stone. See the necklace with the unusual stone on her neck. She rubs it just before the 4Lz jump. Time slows down for her and she could complete 4 rotation every time. I know from secret sources that Yuzuru wanted the stone to do the quintuple toe-loop but Satoko beat him to it. I knew about this special stone from Mao and told her to get it to make her 3A stable and perfect but she had no time for an 88-day meditation."

Layback11

Record Breaker
Tarasova is 157% done with the drama of skating at takes her commentating talents to a new venue: the fast-paced, high-stakes world of...televised golf. Skating fans around the world are devastated. Golf fans rejoice.

The Disney Channel capitalizes on Starr Andrews' internet fame and casts her as the lead in a made-for-TV skating film. Just for kicks, they have her reprise her famous "Whip My Hair" program at the exhibition after her character wins Junior Worlds.

Yulia Lipnitskaya retires post-2018 and becomes a choreographer. Her fame is revitalized after she choreographs an elegant, balletic long program to a medley of dubstep songs (which sounds like an oxymoron, but is actually not) for Evgenia Medvedeva.

Not really a prediction, but very strange: I had a dream that an obscure retired American ice dance team (whose names I can't spell) returned for the Olympic season and their FD was a medley of songs by The Chainsmokers. I have absolutely no idea where that came from.

LRK

Record Breaker
All right, I have one.:)

Sasha Plushenko takes up pair skating - as does one of Yagudin's daughters; and to the consternation of their parents, they form a team. They are the first to land side-by-side 3As and, of course, quads. They take the world with storm and their Romeo & Juliet free program (version of R&J selected up to choice) wins the Olympics.

Their saga, however, has quite a different ending, and thus were the warring houses of Plushenko and Yagudin united.

And they lived happily ever after.

Finis.