The Coke Commercial | Golden Skate

The Coke Commercial

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love the commercial for Coke where the girl is singing while walking down the street handing out bottles of Coke. Her smile at the end is priceless. Does anyone know anything about the song she is singing?

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I like that one too!!! But my favorite is the one with the little girl saying "alakazzam" trying to get the car to start.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I've been charmed by that commercial as well, but I don't know the name of the song. Actually, I think it's a NEW song for that commercial, because I first saw this a few months ago and I could almost swear she was singing something else the first time around. The new one sounds to me like a re-working of the early-70s "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" jingle.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
That coke commercial appeared during last season's "American Idol"--which I thought was amusing because I enjoyed listening to the singer more than half the AI finalists!

I absolutely HATE that stupid car commercial. All I can think of is what a stupid feature they're pushing. Yeah, sure, maybe there are some kids watching and they can get a bright idea of how to start the car on their own and perhaps cause a tragedy or two. :mad: :eek: :p

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I went to the Coca-Cola site, couldn't find anything about the song but was able to e-mail them my question. I was surprised to receive a reply within a few hours. Here it is............

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We always appreciate interest in our advertising.

This ad was originally developed by our offices in England. The ad touches on universal human values that we think resonate beyond borders.

The song is titled "I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free" and was originally made famous by Nina Simone. The version in our ad is being performed by Sharlene Hector, and will be released as a single in the U.K. We cannot speculate on whether it will be released in the U.S. For now, the ad is viewable online at http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/av_advertising.html.

Sharlene is 25 years old and currently resides in England. She has toured Asia, America and Europe including the UK with bands such as Basement Jaxx, who she still sings lead vocal for, and the Brand New Heavies. In addition to performing live, she has also recorded backing and lead vocals with Basement Jaxx (current album 'Kish Kash'), Boy George, Big Brovas and many more.

If you ever have any more comments or questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Jennifer
Industry and Consumer Affairs
The Coca-Cola Company

IDLERACER

Medalist
:) Best Commercial Of The Olympics:

The little girl on the uneven parallel bars with Nadia Comanechie. One of the most ingenius and well excecuted special effects I've ever seen.

:sheesh: Worst Commercial Of The Olympics:

Ronald MacDonald on the synchronized swimming team.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
:) Best Commercial Of The Olympics:

The little girl on the uneven parallel bars with Nadia Comanechie. One of the most ingenius and well excecuted special effects I've ever seen.

:sheesh: Worst Commercial Of The Olympics:

Ronald MacDonald on the synchronized swimming team.

Yes, that Nadia Comaneci commercial is so well done! But, hey, come on! That Ronald McD. commercial is hysterical! :laugh: :D :laugh: :love: :D

Oceanguy

Rinkside
Coke Commercial

That has been playing in the local theaters here for months.......When I first heard it I instantly fell in love with it and wanted it too. Does anyone know how to get it if it isn't released here in the US?
Abryan
:)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It is available on Amazon.com by Sharlene and also by Nina Simone.

Antilles

Medalist
It's a great commerical, but I think I'm getting cynical awfully young. When I first saw it, I thought if someone handed me a Coke on the street, I'd probably think they were nuts, and be terrified of what they'd put in it.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Antilles said:
It's a great commerical, but I think I'm getting cynical awfully young. When I first saw it, I thought if someone handed me a Coke on the street, I'd probably think they were nuts, and be terrified of what they'd put in it.

hahaha !!! Isnt it sad that we have to think that way? But I totally know what you mean, I would never dream of taking a drink from someone I didnt know. Didnt someone put poison in coke or pepsi back in 80's? I know there was a problem with someone tampering with tylenol and everyone freaked out.