2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

andromache

Record Breaker
Shibs making the smart choice re: judging and PR and going with another Coldplay track. I'm glad it works into an artistic vision for them as well.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
It would be much better if Shibs turned their O exhibition into competitive program. Paradise doesn't stand as well next to it.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It would be much better if Shibs turned their O exhibition into competitive program. Paradise doesn't stand as well next to it.

They're not going to do that when it's the piece that Adam Rippon uses for his "Fly On" LP.

Barb

Record Breaker

This season, a lot of people complained about lyrical songs, the style of the O song is very similar to their music from 2016-17 (Evolution), and ¨Fly on¨ has not a clear climax.

lyndichee

Medalist
Paradise will probably be mashed up with a couple other pieces, Coldplay or not.

Fix You was actually a combination with The Scientist. Paradise is too short of a song to actually use for ice dance; there's not enough content if you take into the consideration the repeat of the chorus. I am just really curious what other music will with it.

Weathergal

Medalist
firstly, thanks a lot for mentioning me, and I really don't know what for (hope the credit is for something good I wrote there somewhere:laugh:):ghug:

my two little cents...well, I do get those who are disappointed by possible 'trilogy' of previous programs + 'Paradise'/or 'Paradise' alone - after all, it's nothing shocking, ground-breaking or very much out of the box/innovative when we take the possibility to incorporate music from 2 previous FDs; there goes also 'Paradise' alone which is not everyone's favourite aesthetic. But at the same time - both concepts (trilogy and 'Paradise' solo) are sure thoughtful from Maia and Alex's side: if we take a combination of 'Fix you', 'Evolution' and 'Paradise' - either used together or only as phases of development season after season - I personally can see a full picture and see the initial message they want to send. As always since 2 seasons ago - they have their own concept over their image, how they want to create it, make a vision into real stuff; it's very refreshing from them to see after this period of their competitive career when they seemed to struggle a lot with this sense of 'identity', creating their own space and owning it in their own, independent way, through multiple factors: skills, experience, personality, way of expression, relationship dynamics. Since 'Fix you' FD, they stopped for me with producing pleasant picture only by their skating, being disconnected with them emotionally, mechanical and unpersonal and showed how powerful their skating could be, how moving and rich.

All those three FDs, including upcoming one, are truly making a 'full circle' of re-discovering themselves as skaters, as artists, in terms of finding their voice inside material, not only competition and technical stuff. I really appreciate thoughtfulness of that choice and going with it. Saying that, I do reserve my judgement of the actual program, its composition, expression and vibe until I see it in action. What I do sense for now is that there will be a room for musical alterations/'experimenting' with versions or mixing regarding 'Paradise' - as we already seen it with 'Fix you' when they made it more accessible due to introducing in the middle of the season an instrumental part of 'The Scientist' in their FD.

For now, I can just only say that as their past 2 seasons helped me re-discover them, get to know them more personally as skaters/artists and understand where they came for and with what -that 'capital' they created for me personally builds on a hope and anticipation on what's going to come.

I sincerely apologize because I must have been thinking of a comment of yours I
Iiked but for this quote I meant to say Tallorder. :eek:: I fixed my post above. I often like your posts and really like this one. It is such a nice description of how far the Shibs have come. So many teams or single skaters for that matter would have gotten discouraged after several years of not coming close to their initial success and having a hard time trying find their identity on the ice. I am impressed with their perseverance and happy for their success.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Someone spotted Pogo in Detroit getting choreo from Pasquale https://twitter.com/bitchonblades/status/862725105092349953

oh YASSSS:love:, my dream choreos duo for Anna is now Misha Ge for SP and Pasquale for FS...Misha really brought out Anna's sass and sensuality outside by 'Scent of a woman' SP and I wish they would collaborate again on competitive program...And Pasquale - hopefully he will give Anna something vivid and passionate

humbaba

Final Flight
Pogrebinsky and Benoit:

SD: Baddest Girl in town (rhumba), Lo So Che Finera (partial step seq.), Bailar (no touch step seq)

FD: Desire, rock blues song + original music composed for the program

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
oh YASSSS:love:, my dream choreos duo for Anna is now Misha Ge for SP and Pasquale for FS...Misha really brought out Anna's sass and sensuality outside by 'Scent of a woman' SP and I wish they would collaborate again on competitive program...And Pasquale - hopefully he will give Anna something vivid and passionate

Anna just posted a pic of her in the USA on Instagram. I'm so glad that she's getting input from outside of Russia and is really open to improve her artistry. Camerlengo & Anna, wow, I cannot wait to see what they come up with. But I have to say, I also liked the work she did with Morozov. I know he isn't the most popular guy in this forum, but well...I like his work.