2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
We need a Warhorse Bingo and see which squares have been checked already. I saw one once but I can't find it anymore.

By the way, this thread has been very informative so thank you everyone for bringing this information of skater's new (or recycled) programs. :thank:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Coomes/Buckland SP "Rhumba D'amour"
(Choreo by Christopher Dean)

Impromptu

On the Ice
Let's divert to a subject I'm more interested in than Yuzu, as brilliant as he may be.

Has Rohene ever done choreo for a senior singles man outside the 7k camp? (or who wasn't coached by Kori in the pre-7k days?) Alex Johnson seems like a perfect fit outside of Jason. Have no clue about the music, but will be interested in the result....

I have a very vague memory that when Rohene still lived in Minneapolis, he choreographed a program for either Alex (who would have been a Junior at the time), or Garrett Kling (who, later choreographed a great exhibition program for Jason). I think more likely it was Garrett.

And yes, Alex is coached by Rohene's old coach.

I'm really excited to see this program on Alex... stylistically, he's a more internal skater than Jason, but I also think his way of moving across the ice is closer to the way Rohene moves, which makes for an interesting combination. Sadly, he's probably not on track for an Olympic spot, but I'd love to see him finish his career at 4Cs.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
First info ofNatalia Kaliszek & Maks Spodyriev programs
SD: mix of Luis Fonsi, Prince Royce & Shakira
FD: swing, quickstep and foxtrot or waltz

Source: http://eurosport.onet.pl/zimowe/lyzwiarstwo/polska-para-znowu-pobije-serca-kibicow/s9cs1w

I wouldn't be suprised if this will change though.

:thank: a lot for posting the info! I felt like s**t since Monday evening and had no basic strenght to check out ESP info for figure skating...

seems like 'Despacito ' fever got also to Natalia and Maks:laugh:, and Shakira and Prince Royce have recently aired a single 'Deja vu', so it could be the case. Honestly, I will be happy for a hip, 'now' SD to hot songs - they have an attitude and energy to pull this off.

as for FD, the article mentions words of their coach, Sylwia Nowak-Trębacka that those rhythms chosen for free will be taken with 'an edge', using electronic swing versions and modern arrangements of songs. That makes my opes high, because I'd love to see them doing Parov Stellar:love:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Vincent Zhou has worked on his programs for this coming season with Charlie White, Drew Meekins, and Jeffrey Buttle. He hasn't revealed what they are yet though.

andromache

Record Breaker
I think it's short hand for "Let's Go Crazy" - which I actually liked.

Same. The diehards seem to dislike it because Hanyu struggled with it, but it was really masterful choreography with some engaging interpretation on Hanyu's part, and you could tell he was working his butt off to be a more outgoing performer with it. But seriously, the choreography was amazing.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
:thank: a lot for posting the info! I felt like s**t since Monday evening and had no basic strenght to check out ESP info for figure skating...

seems like 'Despacito ' fever got also to Natalia and Maks:laugh:, and Shakira and Prince Royce have recently aired a single 'Deja vu', so it could be the case. Honestly, I will be happy for a hip, 'now' SD to hot songs - they have an attitude and energy to pull this off.

as for FD, the article mentions words of their coach, Sylwia Nowak-Trębacka that those rhythms chosen for free will be taken with 'an edge', using electronic swing versions and modern arrangements of songs. That makes my opes high, because I'd love to see them doing Parov Stellar:love:

I love electronic swing so I'd really REALLY enjoy them skating to it.
Their Dirty Dancing program was really well delivered and lively music suits them.
I think SD pattern for 2017/18 is great for them and they would really shine with electronic swing in FD :love:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Same. The diehards seem to dislike it because Hanyu struggled with it, but it was really masterful choreography with some engaging interpretation on Hanyu's part, and you could tell he was working his butt off to be a more outgoing performer with it. But seriously, the choreography was amazing.

It was a brilliant program and still had potential to grow. It was a courageous decision to skate to this, something we hadn't seen from him. I think it made him grow, left an impression on people. Quite a step forward - for me this is one of the reasons why the 3peat seems such a huge step backwards.

randomfan

Record Breaker

I completely agree with you. Let's Go Crazy was an amazing program and it's sad to see him let it go so easily...

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Gorgeous and dare I say ... groundbreaking even! My two favourite moments are when Yuzuru slides on his knees in rockstar pose and that leg kick after triple axel exactly on highlight note.

Curiously enough I did not like it when I watched it for the first time, Hanyu really added necessary pep & timing with music some time later.

Great advert for Figure Skating all in all.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Gorgeous and dare I say ... groundbreaking even! My two favourite moments are when Yuzuru slides on his knees in rockstar pose and that leg kick after triple axel exactly on highlight note.

Curiously enough I did not like it when I watched it for the first time, Hanyu really added necessary pep & timing with music some time later.

Great advert for Figure Skating all in all.

Seriously. During the Olympics? That would go viral. Super mega viral.

(And yes I know skaters shouldn't choose their programs based on what could get big in the interwebz. But I'm just saying. Similarly, ISU should've held off on the hip hop until the Olympic season.)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

(And yes I know skaters shouldn't choose their programs based on what could get big in the interwebz. But I'm just saying. Similarly, ISU should've held off on the hip hop until the Olympic season.)

:agree: or at least brought back another fun rhythm like the Charleston.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Tessa and Scott's Prince program too.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Daisuke Murakami's 2017/18 programs: SP: Bring Him Home (Les Misérables) FS: Pagliacci

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Don't want to harp in on the LGC subject too much on this thread but being that Yuzuru probably felt the need to ditch the 4S3T combo and bring back the 4T3T to raise consistency in the SP, in order for it not to be a downgrade he added the combo to the second half. Unfortunately, LGC was not made with two jump passes in the second half in mind, so the choreography changes that would need to happen would likely screw up timings and might worsen the program. This is probably the reason why he isn't repeating LGC and going for Chopin instead (and again), which was originally made for two jump passes in the second half. The sacrifices you need to make at the altar of CoP.

I'm going to miss LGC too, though.