2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Except S/P didn't win worlds to Love Story...

fair enough... my bad... the point though is that it is common to bring back an old program for the olympics, or a revamped program... others have listed examples and there's no point accusing D/R of being "lazy"

in some thread, people are encouraging S/H to reuse their programs eventhough it won them a world title already...

i am pretty sure if Yuzu came back with his LP from this year, people wouldn't be calling him lazy.

The point is whatever D/R do, people complain...

Last edited:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Shizuka reused Nessun Dorma for her Olympic FS that she won the world's with 2 years earlier :)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think keeping Muse is a terrible idea for D&R.

I think giving Peng & Jin a new free program is a great idea. Bravo Lori.

I have never heard of "Battle Remembered," but I am intrigued about Penny & Nick. Self-choreographed is a new choice for them.

I have no opinion at all about La La Land as I haven't seen it or heard the entire score. (I would expect Dabin Choi to keep her version from this season as it was a new program late in the year).

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The point is whatever D/R do, people complain...

It is NOT just D/R. Many people complain about Ashley no matter what she does, too. We notice the complaints about the skaters who are our particular favorites, or countrymen.

Slightly tangential: I wish everyone would read your post about being more understanding about each and everyone's preferences, in "What's wrong with.." thread.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It is NOT just D/R. Many people complain about Ashley no matter what she does, too. We notice the complaints about the skaters who are our particular favorites, or countrymen.

Slightly tangential: I wish everyone would read your post about being more understanding about each and everyone's preferences, in "What's wrong with.." thread.

I agree with you both. And I have to add Jeremy Abbott in there, he's not eligible competing right now, but he couldn't breathe without people complaining. :palmf:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

my two cents are that the main problem are our personal convictions/prejudices over re-using old programs AND personal feeling/projecting over certain skaters combined, hence constant complaining over Ashley or Meagan/Eric. I just don't get it that people seem to warm up on some program/musical ideas regarding program they did not like at first for some skaters, but are not willing to wait and see others (if it will gel within them)...

Personally, I would rather see re-used, successful and fitting programs like Ashely's SP or Meagan/Eric FS again in action than something forced and mismatched - if this is a good fit for THEM, this is the most important thing for me. They are professional adults, athletes, responsible for their choices and I'm waiting to see how both programs will look like.

And about 'La la land' madness of usage coming - again, those are athletes' choices made, and if they're willing to take their shot on that music and risk potential 'rivarly'inside of it with other skaters/teams, I let it be. I'm preparing myself more on being positively surprised than annoyed by some LLL programs, e.g with Madison and Evan.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I saw Duhamel & Radford's Muse live at Skate Canada. I liked it well enough for them. Felt the packaging fit them much better than the soft, romantic stuff. But over time, I found the vocals wearing. Then grating. And ultimately something that I need to slam behind a closed door. They are going up against three of the most artistic skaters in the business. Maybe ever in history.

With a program that didn't break down any doors for presentation. Now, that's not D&R's game. They need those triple lutzes & if they have them, they may be able to out-point the competition on the first mark. But this isn't 2015. Sui & Han aren't fighting just to prove they aren't #3 at home. And Aliona & Bruno aren't blocked from competing.

I think D&R should move forward, not back.

Last edited:

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
I saw Duhamel & Radford's Muse live at Skate Canada. I liked it well enough for them. Felt the packaging fit them much better than the soft, romantic stuff. But over time, I found the vocals wearing. Then grating. And ultimately something that I need to slam behind a closed door. They are going up against three of the most artistic skaters in the business. Maybe ever in history.

With a program that didn't break down any doors for presentation. Now, that's not D&R's game. They need those triple lutzes & if they have them, they may be able to out-point the competition on the first mark. But this isn't 2015. Sui & Han aren't fighting just to prove they aren't #3 at home. And Aliona & Bruno aren't blocked from competing.

THIS! :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

they said revamped :) the music is just a vehicle... i looked at the program again.. i can see why they want to skate on it again as musically, it's a good match for them and their connection. However, when looking at this year's programs, they have improved quite a lot in presentation so I wouldn't be surprised to be happily surprised by the result... i don't think that artistically people move backwards... in that sense, it would apply to them as well... when they did Muse they weren't twice WC and hadn't seen where they could end up... they've grown and will continue to grow, no matter what music is used.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tim Dolensky:

keeping his Mumford & Sons SP from last year

LP to a song called "Faux" by "Novo.Amor" ??? (sorry don't know this at all, that's what the IG says)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRyn2AjgAKq/

choreo by Ryan Jahnke

LRK

Record Breaker
It seems that Misha Ge has been working with Karen Chen on something - an EX or... ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSm-Yx-h1EQ/

He writes:
And we done ! It was great to work these few days with @karebearsk8 on her new piece. It something new for her, something personal, something strong. Excited to see this art to debut on this year US Tour of StarsOnIce #Art

LRK

Record Breaker
And here goes my hope for better programs from Evgenia ... let's hope for the best in any case. At very least I wish no miming.

I know. I wondered to myself: Is it wrong that the thought of his unleashing his entire Artistic Vision on her next season fills me with trepidation rather than hope? But, I do hope I'm wrong.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know. I wondered to myself: Is it wrong that the thought of his unleashing his entire Artistic Vision on her next season fills me with trepidation rather than hope? But, I do hope I'm wrong.

Someone alluded banteringly that Averbukh is about to choreograph program for Medvedeva to spoken word of the Diary of Anne Frank :slink: :sad4: