2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

keasus

On the Ice
It's a risk, but I think this could be epic. I hope the meaning and intent are not lost on the audience or judges. This is so different from anything anyone else it doing (as far as we know), I'm excited to see it:hap93:

FSGMT

Record Breaker

andromache

Record Breaker
Seriously though HAMILTON!!!!

Sounds like I'm in good company with Jason being a ridiculous OTT Hamilton fan. I'm so jealous he got to see it live! Ahhhhh! And this could seriously go viral once he performs it in competition, because Hamilton fans are all non-stop OTT ridiculous.

Room Where it Happens isn't in my top 5 favorite songs, but I can see why the tempo of the song works very well for a short program. The footwork sequence is going to be bonkers, in a good way.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Jason Brown finally confirmed he's skating to Hamilton, specifically The Room Where It Happens.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHiZzmpiK0

Love how excited, committed and how he fought for this program for 2 years to get it done! That's the spirit!! (Loled how unenthusiastic Rohene seems to be about it though, or may be he is just a cool cat.)

Hope the program will live up to his dreams. It will be a nice welcoming breath of fresh air from all the Swan lakes and other warhorses, and a high chance to be another signature piece after River Dance and The Scent of love.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Love how excited, committed and how he fought for this program for 2 years to get it done! That's the spirit!! (Loled how unenthusiastic Rohene seems to be about it though, or may be he is just a cool cat.)

Ha, I caught that too. I would have assumed Hamilton would be right up Rohene's alley (hip hop, lots of opportunity for crazy transitions). Of course he might just have been really annoyed with Jason for not doing the choreography exactly how he envisioned it yet.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
As a huge Madonna fan, I'm all about this choice.

I'm afraid it may get muted on youtube due to copyright. I'm fairly certain Grishuk & Platov's 98 COI exhibition number was to Madonna's "Frozen," but the only version I found no longer has the sound. (It's interesting that their version of "You'll See" is watchable, but not "Frozen." Strange).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ross Miner's programs per this: http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/527106/Miner-entertains-the-crowd.html

SP: Downtown by Macklemore
FS: Queen medley (Last season's program)

I love the SP choice! Definitely out of the box for Ross!

Early snippet of Ross Miner's Macklemore SP? Recorded three months ago:

Thanks for the article about Ross :).
I definitely will be cheering for Ross, as well as other U.S. men, as they look toward the Olympics.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown finally confirmed he's skating to Hamilton, specifically The Room Where It Happens.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHiZzmpiK0

Loved this whole video, especially the parts with his family all singing the songs. I :love: how Jason kept pushing for it for 2 years. Passion rules!

I read the book he held up ... the script of Hamilton, annotated with Lin-Manuel Miranda's notes: what inspired this or that snippet or song; parts that eventually had to be cut, stories about the writing, the people who inspired/helped him, the actors, the production, and THE BOOK that inspired the musical: Ron Chernow's biography, Alexander Hamilton. The annotated book is awesome. I highly recommend it; I know Jason's program will mean more to me because I read it and I know Jason read it.

lyndichee

Medalist
Jason Brown and Ross Miner's music choices give me some hope. I really want to see some interesting programs, especially since they allow lyrics now in programs.