World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Rd. 6 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Rd. 6

Antyv

On the Ice
I´m suggesting this for to use for this forum's competitions, so it may not be perfect for your own uses, just in case.

As for advantages, its also more user friendly than the google forms way. Also, it allows any number of inputs - so people could do, for example, more than 6 ranks if they wanted to (as i commonly see them doing on this forum threads)

1. Registration with e-mail is not required. You can answer the survey without any registration or login. I´m 100% sure of this as i tried myself.
2. This form is associated with a spreadsheet, which can be downloaded by admins.
3. "The user, completing the prediction, should immediately see his prediction in the spreadsheet." I would never recommend any plataform that does this, as it is wrong on so many levels (just in case, I am a statistician, and creating surveys and collecting people's answers are part of my job). Answers can be shared once the survey is completed, using any plataform of admin's choice, such as good old googledocs.
I use analoguos system to this site, only I use the ISU 10% step scale for points and tie-break (additional indicators for the same points). I see that the organizers of the predictions have problems, that's why I offer my help in preparing the forms. BTW, I'm still waiting for the results of the ladies in the WTT!

I looked enalyzer.com. I have already noted one of its advantages. Other - great opportunities in registration in comparison with Google docs. Really, email is not requied. But this service lacks functionality. On goldenskate, users have the ability to see all the predictions and monitor them. This service does not provide such an opportunity, because there is no direct interactive connection with the spreadsheet. The user, filling out the prediction, can not see and control it. Or the administrator should regularly upload the current spreadsheet, which is tedious. The contest should be open and predictions should be visible to everyone. This is not a poll for the purposes of one person.

In Google docs, you can make 40 and even much more ranks if necessary. The spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZMbPifRxxKjT6fCAwyHOZuT0gtAsGDJ2AjhvUX4ZXw/edit?usp=sharing is not suitable for analysis and calculation. Imagine that there will be 40 skaters. The spreadsheet I suggested were more convenient. I am described in detail the principles of the proposed system. I think if my help is needed, CaroLiza_fan will answer here. You can offer her your help. She can choose what suits her or do not need to change anything.

moriel

Record Breaker
I use analoguos system to this site, only I use the ISU 10% step scale for points and tie-break (additional indicators for the same points). I see that the organizers of the predictions have problems, that's why I offer my help in preparing the forms. BTW, I'm still waiting for the results of the ladies in the WTT!

I looked enalyzer.com. I have already noted one of its advantages. Other - great opportunities in registration in comparison with Google docs. Really, email is not requied. But this service lacks functionality. On goldenskate, users have the ability to see all the predictions and monitor them. This service does not provide such an opportunity, because there is no direct interactive connection with the spreadsheet. The user, filling out the prediction, can not see and control it. Or the administrator should regularly upload the current spreadsheet, which is tedious. The contest should be open and predictions should be visible to everyone. This is not a poll for the purposes of one person.

In Google docs, you can make 40 and even much more ranks if necessary. The spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZMbPifRxxKjT6fCAwyHOZuT0gtAsGDJ2AjhvUX4ZXw/edit?usp=sharing is not suitable for analysis and calculation. Imagine that there will be 40 skaters. The spreadsheet I suggested were more convenient. I am described in detail the principles of the proposed system. I think if my help is needed, CaroLiza_fan will answer here. You can offer her your help. She can choose what suits her or do not need to change anything.

well yeah i could do that, offer stands. Although i would not release the sheet to public until competition is finished.
If users are willing to edit their votes, they can just answer it again and the last one will count.

As for the sheet, I thought it was actually easier to calculate stuff because you could just do the difference ^^
updated it with World points calcs out of curiosity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZMbPifRxxKjT6fCAwyHOZuT0gtAsGDJ2AjhvUX4ZXw/edit?usp=sharing

Honestly, my main beef against google forms style is that, when you have 30 skaters, it gets too horizontally wide, and you have to scroll through it. Because of this, it also doesnt allows to see all your checks on one screen, which is not user friendly.

Antyv

On the Ice
Honestly, my main beef against google forms style is that, when you have 30 skaters, it gets too horizontally wide, and you have to scroll through it. Because of this, it also doesnt allows to see all your checks on one screen, which is not user friendly.
Early I gave a link to the form with vertical scrolling. Apparently, one can't do without scrolling. Does the enalyzer service allow to place answers in several columns?
While I stop on this message, we have already moved to narrow issues that are not the profile of this forum.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Him. It's him.

moriel

Record Breaker
Early I gave a link to the form with vertical scrolling. Apparently, one can't do without scrolling. Does the enalyzer service allow to place answers in several columns?
While I stop on this message, we have already moved to narrow issues that are not the profile of this forum.

Just a last message too, as we stole the thread indeed...
The answers thing has to sheets, check the second one ^^

Antyv

On the Ice
Just a last message too, as we stole the thread indeed...
The answers thing has to sheets, check the second one ^^
I meant placing the options for choosing a skater in a test in several columns. This is the last question.

moriel

Record Breaker
I meant placing the options for choosing a skater in a test in several columns. This is the last question.

oh... I dont know - maybe there is, but as i dont like this option, i didnt look for it. I wanted specifically a question type that would be a ranking question and would not do that (because else, its pointless to leave google forms hehe)