NHL Playoffs | Golden Skate

NHL Playoffs

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone watching the battle for the cup? I'm usually pulling for Detroit but they didn't make it this year so I'm pulling for the Blue Jackets to come back after losing three straight to the Penguins. I'm also pulling for the Rangers because I have close ties to a player on that team.

Anyone else watching our cousin sport duke it out for the Stanley Cup? Who's your team and why?

I'm gonna shoot out a special shout out to Zach Werenski of the Blue Jackets for taking a puck to the face and trying to finish the game. This kid is a future superstar in the league if people would only stop hitting him in the face with pucks.

Here is a photo of his injury if you dare click it

One of my favorite hockey players in the league!

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hockey is my first sports love. The Ottawa Senators are my team, so far so good even though they've made it interesting (Anderson is not allowed to try to puck handle. It never goes well). And despite his foot injuries, Erik Karlsson has been incredible. That pass last night in game 3 was :eeking: :points: :jaw: .

I always like to see Pittsburg do well because they're a fun tea and I'm a big Crosby fan. Their my favourite of the teams with realistic shots at the Cup. Out west, Edmonton is my favourite team. I became a fan when they got McDavid if we're being honest (I was actually happy about that outcome) and they've been my 2nd team all season. The game tonight was ... not so good, but they'll bounce back next game, and they aren't down in the series.

My favourite players are Erik Karlsson, Connor McDavid, Sidney Crosby and Mark Stone in that order.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
- I'm excited that the Preds are beating Chicago. It's hilariously awesome.
- No preference for Blues/Wild - either would be fine.
- Anaheim swept Calgary already so that's settled.
- The Sharks beat Edmonton 7-0 in game 4, which was amaaaaaaaaaaazing and I laughed so much because Edmonton Edmontoned so hard.
- I'm not a fan of the Habs or the Rangers but I'd rather the Habs because the Rangers are blech.
- No real preference in Ottawa/Boston. I don't hate the Bruins as much as I used to, but I also have no ties to Ottawa.
- I want the Leafs to beat the Capitals mainly to see Hockey Twitter lose their collective sh*t plus the Leafs rookies (Matthews, Nylander, Marner) are wow.
- LUMBUS OVER PITTSBURGH OR ELSE BECAUSE PITTSBURGH IS GROSS.

(My team did not make the playoffs and if you can't guess which it is from my opinions here...)

As for the Werenski injury, I replied to his twitter tweet of that picture with the "It's just a flesh wound!" Monty Python gif and keep getting notifications of likes/RTs

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Anyone BUT NYR, Washington, Chicago and Pittsburgh and I'm okay with it. :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love OT hockey. Sorry Ottawa but seeing that kid from Boston score his first two NHL goals in the playoffs was awesome!!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched Minnesota get knocked out then took a looong nap :bed:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
as of now, no more habs.. hockey is over for me until olympics... nhl is not my thing... too many highly paid buffoons punching each other in the face for nothing

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

honestly, i don't really care ;) hahahaha it just means that the police won't have to intervene as much at the surrounding bars near my place.. it was hell at game 5....

btw... when you finish your patrick chan movie, i will tell you about my dream LOL

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canadian National Anthem in the Air Canada Center :love:

Last edited: