NHL Playoffs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NHL Playoffs

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's go caps!!!! Rock the red!!!!!!!

I made a bet with myself that if Tom Wilson scored a hat trick in the playoffs at all, I would take a 5-minute-long cold shower. Game 4 he scored 2 goals so I started to get excited and nervous because there was a possibility I would need to follow through.

Also, when the Caps make it to round two, I hope they learn from their mistakes from last year's round 2 against Pittsburgh. ESPECIALLY Orpik. Like a 3-game suspension and then a double minor in game 6.....groan.

It's great that others are stepping up in the Caps. We can beat Pittsburgh next round. We can't crumble. We have to step up. Though of course it doesn't matter how ahead or behind we are. Caps fans will think it's the end of the world.

Other thoughts:
1. Not only was it surprising Chicago lost round 1, but I'm SHOCKED it was in a SWEEP.
2. If Caps make round three....groan....Ottawa or NYR....neither I want. But Ottawa is the lesser of 2 evils.
3. Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are definitely players that will be great for so many years, but this year is the Caps' year to win. They can wait for next year lol.
4. Honestly, if the Caps make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, I rather be against St. Louis. Or Nashville.
5. Two sweeps in round 1, interesting.

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So happy that both Edmonton and Ottawa are moving on :yahoo:

Also tbh I don't think it really matters who wins this last series - the Pens are going to go to the conference final either way imo.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy that both Edmonton and Ottawa are moving on :yahoo:

Also tbh I don't think it really matters who wins this last series - the Pens are going to go to the conference final either way imo.

I respectively disagree. But may the best team win.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I can't believe I'm saying this but GO LEAFS! They're the lesser of the two evils in this current match up lol!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Let's go caps!!!! Rock the red!!!!!!!

I made a bet with myself that if Tom Wilson scored a hat trick in the playoffs at all, I would take a 5-minute-long cold shower. Game 4 he scored 2 goals so I started to get excited and nervous because there was a possibility I would need to follow through.

Also, when the Caps make it to round two, I hope they learn from their mistakes from last year's round 2 against Pittsburgh. ESPECIALLY Orpik. Like a 3-game suspension and then a double minor in game 6.....groan.

It's great that others are stepping up in the Caps. We can beat Pittsburgh next round. We can't crumble. We have to step up. Though of course it doesn't matter how ahead or behind we are. Caps fans will think it's the end of the world.

Other thoughts:
1. Not only was it surprising Chicago lost round 1, but I'm SHOCKED it was in a SWEEP.
2. If Caps make round three....groan....Ottawa or NYR....neither I want. But Ottawa is the lesser of 2 evils.
3. Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are definitely players that will be great for so many years, but this year is the Caps' year to win. They can wait for next year lol.
4. Honestly, if the Caps make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, I rather be against St. Louis. Or Nashville.
5. Two sweeps in round 1, interesting.

Even if the Caps get the W in round one, they rarely ever make it out of round two so I wouldn't put all my apples in the same basket so easily. I admire your fan loyalty to your team though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How long has Beiber had that Eminem hair cut :drama:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That goal was a full on Flutz!! :disagree:

#TrashGarbage

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And the Caps will be done in the 2nd round as always. :laugh2:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
In the choice of Caps vs. Pens, I choose option C: Giant space meteor crashing into Earth

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Pens' starting goalie is hurt, their top d-man is out and I still feel like they're the obvious favourite in this series...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even if the Caps get the W in round one, they rarely ever make it out of round two so I wouldn't put all my apples in the same basket so easily. I admire your fan loyalty to your team though.

Oh I for sure am going to be SCARED as heck during round 2. I'm trying to be confident. But once game day comes, postseason anxiety that all Caps fans have will happen.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Pens' starting goalie is hurt, their top d-man is out and I still feel like they're the obvious favourite in this series...

Oh yeah. I have to agree. Even Nicklas Backstrom says the Caps are the underdogs. I just hope the Caps (ESPECIALLY BROOKS ORPIK) learn from their mistakes from last season.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well. Surprisingly enough Leafs gave Caps run for their money. Respect.