World Team Trophy - Day 3 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy - Day 3

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm up and ready for a bit of live viewing, too. I'm at friends the whole weekends, but they're all still asleep. :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
why? to gain llke 2-3 points??? I cannot imagine yuzuru not repeating his 3A.... so with already 4 quads, whatever ones he repeats, something must go.... either he will stop doing one quad altogether, or not repeat any of his quads, or he will have to ditch the 3a....

if he goes 5 quads, well,he will lose in pcs... already we see this tendency finally clicking in with the judges. there was more of a program with seimei and 3 quads, and higher scores for yuzu last year, than this year with 4 quads. just saying ... YMMV...

I'm pretty sure he wants 4lo, 4lz, 4S, 4T, 4S-3T, 3A-lo-3S, 3A-2T, 3F in some kind of order.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I am awake at 7am on a Saturday. The things we do...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm pretty sure he wants 4lo, 4lz, 4S, 4T, 4S-3T, 3A-lo-3S, 3A-2T, 3F in some kind of order.

ok... well.. we will see if there is a program and how many of these he can land... Nathan was hot a couple times this season but Yuzu only landed his 4 quads once. When Yuzu misses, he pops... so it's quite risky for him... When Nathan misses, he falls... same with Shoma usually... so a 5 quad Yuzu for me, is too risky compared to the reward a very clean 3 quad Seimei gave him. just my opinion..... let's get back to pairs.. we have a full year ahead of us to discuss yuzu's ambitious layouts next year ;)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
last day of competition, good luck to all skaters!! :yahoo:
and i see that my favourite mask guy is on point again :love:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The pairs SP was weird. The resulting order is the exact reverse of the current WTT standings. :scratch:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ok... well.. we will see if there is a program and how many of these he can land... Nathan was hot a couple times this season but Yuzu only landed his 4 quads once. When Yuzu misses, he pops... so it's quite risky for him... When Nathan misses, he falls... same with Shoma usually... so a 5 quad Yuzu for me, is too risky compared to the reward a very clean 3 quad Seimei gave him. just my opinion..... let's get back to pairs.. we have a full year ahead of us to discuss yuzu's ambitious layouts next year ;)

i think he did it 3 times? 4CC, worlds and WTT? 4CC was yolo though :biggrin:

Last edited:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I love that they always play Taylor Swift at the skating events in Japan. Excited to see the Japanese pair's FS again. Thought it was really beautiful.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Haha, didn't take the cameras long to find Hanyu and Uno in the team Japan box. And the pink ribbon is back! ;-)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

I don't really want him to feel like he has to do 5 quads. 4 different quads with 4Lz and two 3T combos would only have slightly lower BV and less risk than that 5 quad layout.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So ISU stream is freezing every two seconds... :bang: oh well...