2017-2018 Team China update | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

lyndichee

Medalist
Yes it is on Chinese forums but that doesn't mean it's from a credible source. If there is no official announcement, then this speculation is baseless. This is like all those fake assumptions made by TSL on Russian doping.

Seriously, is it just me or have posters suddenly become so petty? I don't think Mathman was being unreasonable in any of his posts at all. Warnings come with an explanation; you cannot claim to be ignorant of it.

yqs100

On the Ice
Yes it is on Chinese forums but that doesn't mean it's from a credible source. If there is no official announcement, then this speculation is baseless. This is like all those fake assumptions made by TSL on Russian doping.

Seriously, is it just me or have posters suddenly become so petty? I don't think Mathman was being unreasonable in any of his posts at all. Warnings come with an explanation; you cannot claim to be ignorant of it.

Thanks for your attention to team china update. If you read what I posted, there is no one said Li Zijun was doping. It was just explain why the Fed removed her from worlds at the beginning.

And if you think you accept the way mathman response, it's ok! It's your preference. I won't judge.

I prefer dorispluski's polite way of responding people.

Eclair

Medalist
Post deleted as it practically said the same as the one above

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:

Peng/Jin went to see Lori Nicol, the initial plan was to get a new SP but keep the LP of this season. However, Lori persuaded them to change the LP too, as she thinks after this long season, she has a better understanding on this team.

Peng/Jin will skate to tango for SP and butterfly lovers for LP.

S/H and Y/Z went to see Lori Nicole in Toronto after worlds. They are about to finish the cheorography and back home this week.

Great choice of LP for P/J! I liked their quirky funny SP this year but to break into the top group they need a more mature side to their skating (although I did appreciate her bopping him on the head). :laugh: And of course, BL reminds me of Lu Chen. :love:

yqs100

On the Ice
Lu Chen's butterfly lovers is and will be one of the fav programs forever.

irriya

On the Ice
Well, we're finally allowed to talk about her after the season end, and clearly we got a lot of things straight out. I mean, we watched her skate since Junior competition, and it's just too much dramas about her every season. If only she can focus more on sport, no one would have a bad word on her. If you check the resources she got, and compare to other Chinese athletes, you can easily tell that the feb put a lot lot effort to make her the leading ladies skater. Considering she was able to train in U.S. Russia with the foreign coaches since junior time, have new programs every season. Tell me who else in the Chinese team have these, not even for pairs. The only thing I can say is that if there is not a serious matter, they will not have her name in and out to risk losing 2 spots for Olympics. The feb is not stupid or doing things without consideration. Yes the feb never have anything in public to explain the list change, it's just their typical way solving problems. But we do have inside connections to figure out what actually happened. And please, what would do good for us to explain it if it's not real, just to make her bad? :noshake:

icybear

Medalist
Anyway, I accept remove of the post according to the rule. But I'm making complain on "'Mathman" 's attitude and the way he treats people in this forum! He should be more careful with the words he is using, especially as an admin in this forum!

Agree, this "Mathman" for some reason deleted my post just because I said fans should be able to post opinions/ news they find. Don't see how that is affecting the character of skaters.

icybear

Medalist
Well, we're finally allowed to talk about her after the season end, and clearly we got a lot of things straight out. I mean, we watched her skate since Junior competition, and it's just too much dramas about her every season. If only she can focus more on sport, no one would have a bad word on her. If you check the resources she got, and compare to other Chinese athletes, you can easily tell that the feb put a lot lot effort to make her the leading ladies skater. Considering she was able to train in U.S. Russia with the foreign coaches since junior time, have new programs every season. Tell me who else in the Chinese team have these, not even for pairs. The only thing I can say is that if there is not a serious matter, they will not have her name in and out to risk losing 2 spots for Olympics. The feb is not stupid or doing things without consideration. Yes the feb never have anything in public to explain the list change, it's just their typical way solving problems. But we do have inside connections to figure out what actually happened. And please, what would do good for us to explain it if it's not real, just to make her bad? :noshake:

Hence, why I think the olympic spot should be given to Xiangning and more investment from the Fed into her instead. Her PB is rising pretty steadily by each competition and she has potential. Whereas for Zijun, things doesn't seems to be working despite all the Fed efforts.

Eclair

Medalist
'Fokus on sport' that's what I read a lot by posters who dislike Zijun. Like, really what do you mean by that? That she shouldn't post pictures of herself on Weibo and instagram as if she was a monk living isolated in a cave? Please don't just come here to talk bad about Zijun. That's not the purpose of this thread. It's about news. So what exactly is the 'news' part in your post?
You post a series of unchecked, highly doubtable rumors spread by mostly Weibo users who dislike Zijun: aka: she doesn't focus on the sport (just because she occasionally posts photos?), she had foreign coaches but still isn't on the world's podium, the fed is so incredibly wise and whatever they do must have some deep, great reasoning.

Eclair

Medalist
Hence, why I think the olympic spot should be given to Xiangning and more investment from the Fed into her instead. Her PB is rising pretty steadily by each competition and she has potential. Whereas for Zijun, things doesn't seems to be working despite all the Fed efforts.

Zijun just scored a season's best at WTT with 128 points. That's a lot more than Xiangning's personal best. Please get your facts straight. I don't consider someone who just scored a personal best to have no potential. You like Xiangning and therefore dislike Zijun. You have made that clear often enough. This thread is about news, not speculation.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Well, consider Zijun came 2nd at Asian games over the likes of Rika Hongo and Elizabet Tursynbayeva and had one of her best PCS ever recently. She is hardly a disaster.

I can only speculate her continuous underscored in PCS may have to do with Federation meddling or their lack of support. It makes no sense she doesn't even get a boost at home event unlike other federation skaters, or as their suppose #1 skater. Feds should let the skaters skate, choose the coach they want to work with and being supportive instead of a directive. (Their handling of Han Yan's packages has been less than desirable.) Or frankly the two parties need to communicate better as one party. Sport shouldn't be a popularity or a personality contest (unfortunately increasingly seems to be, especially when you add Social Network) ... it is ultimately about what the skater are able to bring to the ice that counts. For that, she is simply the best what China has right now in the ladies. Xiangning's recent boost PCS looks more artificial to me, when the presentation is not quite there yet, unless you potential count for something.

I have been wondering, yqs100, do you have some inside information from the Chinese fed? Which board do you get your news from? How can you know you can trust it? Thanks.

icybear

Medalist
Zijun just scored a season's best at WTT with 128 points. That's a lot more than Xiangning's personal best. Please get your facts straight. I don't consider someone who just scored a personal best to have no potential. You like Xiangning and therefore dislike Zijun. You have made that clear often enough. This thread is about news, not speculation.

You obviously have a huge bias for Zijunwhich is clouding your view. All I said was Xiangning is improving but Zijun is not as much. I wouldn't take the PB at WTT that seriously. It's a silly event with little pressure and the scoring there was weird as hell. Evgenia scored over 80 for her SP with a messy axel.

Eclair

Medalist
You obviously have a huge bias for Zijunwhich is clouding your view. All I said was Xiangning is improving but Zijun is not as much. I wouldn't take the PB at WTT that seriously. It's a silly event with little pressure and the scoring there was weird as hell. Evgenia scored over 80 for her SP with a messy axel.

And I answered with facts. Xiangning is improving yes, but Zijun too aka Personal Best with a TES of 66.

icybear

Medalist
And I answered with facts. Xiangning is improving yes, but Zijun too aka Personal Best with a TES of 66.

Did you not read the rest of my post? Scores at the WTT were very messy and should not be taken that seriously.

Eclair

Medalist
Did you not read the rest of my post? Scores at the WTT were very messy and should not be taken that seriously.

I read it and while WTT was silly and the scores overinflated, both Xiangning and Zijun were there and had the some chance to benefit from the scoring.
Also, Zijun just recently placed second at Asian Winter Games. These are two reasons, why I think saying that Zijun is not improving and things are not working for her, is not fair.

icybear

Medalist
I read it and while WTT was silly and the scores overinflated, both Xiangning and Zijun were there and had the some chance to benefit from the scoring.
Also, Zijun just recently placed second at Asian Winter Games. These are two reasons, why I think saying that Zijun is not improving and things are not working for her, is not fair.

In AWG there were only second rate skaters. She basically beat Elizabet Tursynbaeva and a very messy Rika Hongo who both finished above her in Worlds.

I urge all posters on this thread to abide by the Golden Skate posting guidelines.

1. Abuse will not be tolerated...

* Character assassination is an intentional attempt to influence the portrayal or reputation of a particular skater in such a way as to cause others to develop a negative, unethical, and/or unappealing perception of him or her.

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
Let me know how I can send those to you then. :scratch2:

Again, why I jumped out and talked all about this was just want to tell that the feb did the list change for a reason, not being stupid, not being cruel to her. And please stop blaming the feb. they're not perfect, but definitely not to be blamed on this matter

Nobody in this thread blamed the fed. The most anyone said (which was me) was that some think the fed is at fault, some think Zijun is at fault, but I think both are all highly speculate rumors with little to no confirmed information. There really was no reason to be so protective for the fed.
upload the pics wherever want and send me the link per p.m. for example.

Last edited:

irriya

On the Ice
Nobody in this thread blamed the fed. The most anyone said (which was me) was that some think the fed is at fault, some think Zijun is at fault, but I think both are all highly speculate rumors with little to no confirmed information. There really was no reason to be so protective for the fed.
upload the pics wherever want and send me the link per p.m. for example.

I'm not protective about the fed. I'm so outrageous when they decided to split Y/J, and I was actually with Zijun when her name was first taken out without explanation. I think it was not fair that Ziquan got the spot when she didn't competed better than Zijun, even I'm not her fan anymore. I think it's fair that the person with better score get to compete in world or Olymipics. But I'm also disappointed that Zijun becomes who she is now, and I just can't have my support for her learning all the facts behind the dramas.

yqs100

On the Ice
Everyone, let's move on. As said, the info I translated is just to explain why Li Zijun was on and off of the worlds entries, and why she wasn't training at all for 12 days before the worlds.

Of course you have you right to identify or believe. And certainly there won't be news to prove it (at least in the near term).

But there was an interview by Yumin Wang, the international judge and team leader from the Chinese fed, hinted: why Chinese ladies skating is not as good as men and pairs, there is some problem with the team. Both athletes and coach talents are very few, and the Fed is too accommodating to some skater's request, and fired the coaches again and again. And the skater(s) from one child family get more and more finick, The parents should be more considerate and cooperate with the fed to help the skater grow rather than making confliction.
Here is the news source if need: http://m.sohu.com/n/443279960/

Last edited: