2017-2018 Team China update | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

skatefan22

Medalist
Almost all Chinese skating fans know what's going on with LI if people check the the Chinese FS forum.

How about focusing on other skaters like pairs, men, ice dance, so the thread can be more positive?

Last edited by a moderator:

irriya

On the Ice
Everyone, let's move on. As said, the info I translated is just to explain why Li Zijun was on and off of the worlds entries, and why she wasn't training at all for 12 days before the worlds.

Of course you have you right to identify or believe. And certainly there won't be news to prove it (at least in the near term).

But there was an interview by Yumin Wang, the international judge and team leader from the Chinese fed, hinted: why Chinese ladies skating is not as good as men and pairs, there is some problem with the team. Both athletes and coach talents are very few, and the Fed is too accommodating to some skater's request, and fired the coaches again and again. And the skater(s) from one child family get more and more finick, The parents should be more considerate and cooperate with the fed to help the skater grow rather than making confliction.
Here is the news source if need: http://m.sohu.com/n/443279960/

So true. We should just move on and talk about something more pleasing.:agree:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Any idea why Han Yan is coached by Mingzhu Li since last year? Did the fed assign Li to him, or he chose Li to be his coach?

If Zijun can choose Mishin, I would expect he can do the same thing. It looks he had a great relationship with his long time coach, so coach change is expected to bring some positive results, right? The pairs partner switch decision was mind-blowing but now it makes sense, but Han Yan's coach change does not. Who would be his coach in the Olympic season?

yqs100

On the Ice
Any idea why Han Yan is coached by Mingzhu Li since last year? Did the fed assign Li to him, or he chose Li to be his coach?

If Zijun can choose Mishin, I would expect he can do the same thing. It looks he had a great relationship with his long time coach, so coach change is expected to bring some positive results, right? The pairs partner switch decision was mind-blowing but now it makes sense, but Han Yan's coach change does not. Who would be his coach in the Olympic season?

Believe it was the 26th in last years worlds pushed the fed to do some changes. From his weibo, he admitted before he didn't try the best to train.

Pang Qing was assigned to him as the coach, but she got pregnant, therefore Li Mingzhu become his "temporary" coach as Li said in the interview.

At least Yan Han's posture is much better under coach Li, we just need to be more patient with him. So in love with his SP this year.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I was in the dark the whole time. I thought Li is his coach, and Pang was an assistant for his life in LA. It's even stranger that a former pair skater was assigned to be his coach.

Believe it was the 26th in last years worlds pushed the fed to do some changes. From his weibo, he admitted before he didn't try the best to train.

Pang Qing was assigned to him as the coach, but she got pregnant, therefore Li Mingzhu become his "temporary" coach as Li said in the interview.

At least Yan Han's posture is much better under coach Li, we just need to be more patient with him. So in love with his SP this year.

yqs100

On the Ice
I was in the dark the whole time. I thought Li is his coach, and Pang was an assistant for his life in LA. It's even stranger that a former pair skater was assigned to be his coach.

Why strange? Mishin is a pair skater too coaching single, Zueva is an ice dancer coaching single too

Eclair

Medalist
Jackie Wong wrote as part of his video series about Zijun on his blog :luv17:

http://www.rockerskating.com/top-50...2016-17-returning-to-form-and-a-personal-best

Quote:
Li's performance of this program at World Team Trophy turned out to be an emphatic statement that she's really back in form and ready to attack the Olympic season. Since her surprise seventh-place debut at Worlds four years ago, her skating had seemed to plateau. But she found another gear this season in both her short program and free skate. And this free skate gave her the highest score she's received since 2013.

It was incredibly refreshing to see her renaissance - Zijun Li may have found her voice.

yqs100

On the Ice
Sui/ Han, Yu/Zhang returned home from Canada.

Yu/Zhang are having a short break. Yu was in Kyoto for holiday, and last week she received an award of Beijing's youth star by the government. Zhang is home, spending some time with his little son.

Sui/Han along with Peng/Jin and boyang had a few shows and media events across China. In the interview, they said their new programs have been done, which will be their best programs ever, some of the elements other teams can't do. And also they think they should develop a direction leading pairs skating.

Artistic in Ice by SZ is supposed to be host in Jul or Aug, so far no info about the show.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
if no one is gonna update news about Zijun on this thread, I will update some if I saw some. In the end, it is skating that matters.
Zijun just finished her short break/vacation in Xiamen(a pretty coastal city in southern China) and will head to Canada for training/choreo. this is info from her weibo.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
if no one is gonna update news about Zijun on this thread, I will update some if I saw some. In the end, it is skating that matters.
Zijun just finished her short break/vacation in Xiamen(a pretty coastal city in southern China) and will head to Canada for training/choreo. this is info from her weibo.

Lori again? I really hope she tries a different choerographer

joanne129

Rinkside
Sui/ Han, Yu/Zhang returned home from Canada.

Yu/Zhang are having a short break. Yu was in Kyoto for holiday, and last week she received an award of Beijing's youth star by the government. Zhang is home, spending some time with his little son.

Sui/Han along with Peng/Jin and boyang had a few shows and media events across China. In the interview, they said their new programs have been done, which will be their best programs ever, some of the elements other teams can't do. And also they think they should develop a direction leading pairs skating.

Artistic in Ice by SZ is supposed to be host in Jul or Aug, so far no info about the show

thanks for your update! i will be in shanghai in june and july so i really wish to watch the iceshow by SZ! do you know when will the details of the show be available?:hap85:

yqs100

On the Ice
Yan Han is recovering and back on ice this week. Fully recovery is expected to be in mid June.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Glad to hear that Han's recovery is going well although Han must start his season a little bit late compared to his peers. I wonder as to what programs he uses for the Olympic season.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So who is his coach now and in the coming season?

Glad to hear that Han's recovery is going well although Han must start his season a little bit late compared to his peers. I wonder as to what programs he uses for the Olympic season.

Tallorder

On the Ice
I recall Lu Chen and Denis Petrov started a skating school in China, now many years ago. With the Beijing Games 5 years away, am wondering if any of their efforts have been aimed at generating either talent or training opportunities for skaters who could emerge as relevant for China's team coming 2022? Certainly nothing but LOVE for the two of them from their days as wonderful competitors and performers.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Last edited:

yqs100

On the Ice
Update:

1. Li Xiangning is in Canada now for choreography.
2. Jin Boyang will leave for Canada on 1 Jun, Yan Han will do on 20 June
3. Pairs finished their long holiday (more than 10 days), now are all back on training. Coach said the big 4 pairs (S/H, Y/Z, P/J, W/W) have finished choreography, new programs will be very different from previous ones, also technics will be more difficult.

some photos of the pairs: http://sportsphoto.cn/index/imglist.html?group_id=73879

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
All of them got choreography in Canada? Hope David Wilson at least has a share. Good to know at least Xiangning gets equal treatment.

Update:

1. Li Xiangning is in Canada now for choreography.
2. Jin Boyang will leave for Canada on 1 Jun, Yan Han will do on 20 June
3. Pairs finished their long holiday (more than 10 days), now are all back on training. Coach said the big 4 pairs (S/H, Y/Z, P/J, W/W) have finished choreography, new programs will be very different from previous ones, also technics will be more difficult.

some photos of the pairs: http://sportsphoto.cn/index/imglist.html?group_id=73879