2017-2018 Team China update | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Team China update

yqs100

On the Ice
All of them got choreography in Canada? Hope David Wilson at least has a share. Good to know at least Xiangning gets equal treatment.

DW did both programs for Wang/Wang.

I guess DW at least will do one program for Xiangning.

Nika09

On the Ice
Update:

1. Li Xiangning is in Canada now for choreography.
2. Jin Boyang will leave for Canada on 1 Jun, Yan Han will do on 20 June
3. Pairs finished their long holiday (more than 10 days), now are all back on training. Coach said the big 4 pairs (S/H, Y/Z, P/J, W/W) have finished choreography, new programs will be very different from previous ones, also technics will be more difficult.

some photos of the pairs: http://sportsphoto.cn/index/imglist.html?group_id=73879

Thank you for updates!

Due to S/H practice pics (probably from LP) I dare to suggest it's going to be some classical music or ballade. These moves look pretty gentle and suitable for soft music. For me it's also expectable and understandable because it should be really hard maintenance the technical side and character in dynamic program with two throws, three lifts etc.
But I still hope there will be catchy and sassy SP, that fits them so well.

And it seems they will do that crazy lift with Han skating on one foot again!

yqs100

On the Ice
thanks for your update! i will be in shanghai in june and july so i really wish to watch the iceshow by SZ! do you know when will the details of the show be available?:hap85:

its just announced, no show for this year, the team will concentrate on olympic preparation.

yqs100

On the Ice
Jin Boyang is with Lori now for new programs.

Li Xiangning is working with David Wilson, long program is Raymonda.

yqs100

On the Ice
Chinese fed just announced the national team for 2017-2018

Hongbo Zhao is the head coach for team china now. Xue is the VP for the fed.

Looks like the coaches for ladies will have a big change.

Yan Han planned to go to Canada for new program last week. But due to uncleared reason, it's been pushed off. (Some said the recovery from the surgery is not as good as expected)

Eclair

Medalist
Chinese fed just announced the national team for 2017-2018

Hongbo Zhao is the head coach for team china now. Xue is the VP for the fed.

Looks like the coaches for ladies will have a big change.

Yan Han planned to go to Canada for new program last week. But due to uncleared reason, it's been pushed off. (Some said the recovery from the surgery is not as good as expected)

So what are the changes for ladies?

Sad for Han ...:sad21: I had a feeling when the operation was declared as being done extremely rare and that it could be done only by a few surgeons ... hope he'll recover well from now on!

Weathergal

Medalist
So what are the changes for ladies?

Sad for Han ...:sad21: I had a feeling when the operation was declared as being done extremely rare and that it could be done only by a few surgeons ... hope he'll recover well from now on!

What type of surgery did Han Yan have? Sorry, I know he was injured but can't recall his injury.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks Ic3Rabbit. That sounds vaguely familiar. He has such a unique style and way of moving on the ice--and what a beautiful 3A! I hope he is able to return.
You're welcome! And I hope so too!

Eclair

Medalist
More detailed news on Team China: http://fyeahchinesepairs.tumblr.com/post/162097996107/team-china-open-media-day-news-roundup-62017

Looks like Ladies on national team are now coached by former Han Yan coach.

thank you Cathlen for this informative article! :agree:

So the main points are:
- former pairs skater and coach of Sui/Han Hongbo Zhao is now officially the head coach of Chinese skating and responsible for managing training plans of all four disciplines
- Pairs, Men (Boyang and Han Yan) and ladies (Zijun, Xiangning and Ziquan) are training at the same rink and also are sometimes training together
- Boyang is currently focusing on improving his skating skills. Improving artistry is named the main focus of next season
- Li Zijun went to Canada one week after WTT and concentrated for a whole month on only choreography and expression. She's currently working on conditioning. A new training plan will be developed for her and Xiangning that's hopefully more systematic and effective than those of past years.
- Han yan is slowly recovering. Somewhere I even saw a 3axel attempt.
- Xiao yu (pairs) is currently focusing on SBS jumps.

All in all it seems to be great news! It's wonderful that the pair's training methods and strategies are not only benefitting the pair's anymore, but also the other disciplines.
Also, it's great to hear that Boyang is continuing to improve his Skating skills! :luv17:
I'm so happy for Zijun that Hongbo's team will develop a more structured training plan for her. At least now I don't have to worry about her lacking stamina or not eating properly anymore. Not only that, but I have high hopes to see her speed, skating skills and jumps improve! Hopefully her spins won't regress though, they have the potential to receive +++ GOE :luv17: I'm looking forward to see all new programs!

yqs100

On the Ice
from some video clip,

looks like Li Xiangning's SP will be Cinema Paradiso, coupled with the LP revealed by David Wilson - Raymonda. It will be a great package for xiang.

shine

Record Breaker
from some video clip,

looks like Li Xiangning's SP will be Cinema Paradiso, coupled with the LP revealed by David Wilson - Raymonda. It will be a great package for xiang.

David Wilson posted a short clip of Xiangning's new LP. It looks to have a lot of potential:
https://instagram.com/p/BVIFumbgujm/

Am I the only one who thinks she's a much better skater than Zijun? :slink:

shine

Record Breaker
She is so cute. I think Xingning has better skating skills than Zijun for sure.

Also more musicality and better posture & movement quality IMO. Zijun still looks quite noodly and flaily after all these years..

yqs100

On the Ice
News from head coach of team china

Team China will reveal their new programs this week!

The first internal test of the Olympic season will be held on 2 and 3 Aug. the national team including ladies, pairs and men will reveal both sp and lp programs.

Fans are allowed to watch on site! As usual, no video! Probably no pic neither. But certainly will know the music.

What do you expect from your fav skaters?:)