2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 102 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric also made history by becoming the first pairs skaters to land a throw quad at the Olympics. :clap:

This also the first individual Olympic medal for a team under Bruno Marcotte.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I'm so thrilled for them! :D They are such great ambassadors for the sport. It's truly impressive how well they did in four skates in a row at the Olympics. What a great way to end their career! Meagan and Aliona were so cute together too. :)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This non-geoblocked video is late because whoever is in charge of updating the CBC Sports YouTube channel is slow as molasses. :frown:

Duhamel & Radford SP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://streamable.com/i1myh

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric also made history by becoming the first pairs skaters to land a throw quad at the Olympics. :clap:

This also the first individual Olympic medal for a team under Bruno Marcotte.

Did Vanessa and Morgan's not count because of the negative GOE? (I haven't watched it so I don't know why the negative GOE)

ChanClan

On the Ice
Did Vanessa and Morgan's not count because of the negative GOE? (I haven't watched it so I don't know why the negative GOE)

Idk if it counts if it wasn't cleanly landed. Maybe it does, but she had both her hands on the ice as soon as she landed and then was very close to falling back on her butt when she saved herself from falling forward. They didn't get a deduction because she didn't actually fall but idk... I wouldn't have counted it as the first because it was not a nice landing.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

The ISU only counts clean landings for the record books. Which is why Alexei Krasnozhon isn't credited for the first quad Loop but that honour belongs to Yuzuru Hanyu.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Moore-Towers & Marinaro LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://streamable.com/lqimd

Séguin & Bilodeau LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://streamable.com/n17a9

Duhamel & Radford LP (CBC 1080p, but edited down to only their performance and the end of their kiss & cry): https://streamable.com/5fwzs

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Patrick made it to the final group of the free skate, and he once again dodges the two bullets named Nathan Chen and Mikhail Kolyada.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I couldn't believe that Patrick could make the final flight, let alone skate between Boyang and Yuzuru, but Mikhail and Nathan's unfortunate showings did it.

He's nowhere near the podium but hopefully he can have skates he can be satisfied with and enjoy his final performance.

It's crazy that of the Sochi top 4 the guy who was 4th is sitting in 2nd, the guy in 3rd didn't make the FS, the guy who won silver is in 6th, ~21 points behind the leader, and the guy in first is leading everyone by 4 points or more.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice
Bummed for Chiddy. Really am, he's a great man who deserved TWO gold medals.

Hopefully the memo is clear to Captain Kaetlyn: Unless you only want ONE gold medal, make every landing and otherwise don't hold anything back. Gabby won't.