2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Dylan said that she will have it by then. It's not like citizenship here is that hard to get and she's been here for .. more than 3 years.

She'll be.. 25. Maybe she could skate with Mervin when he realizes he'll never make to Olympics if he doesn't change the country he trains in (which he seems adamant about not doing) or skate with a Canadian? Or maybe she'll retire. Or maybe Dylan will stay on. I wonder what KTM will say if he does. He'll be 36 at the next Olympics? Who does he think he is Alliona?

Montreal is bidding on the 2020 Worlds and the GPF is in Vancouver in 2018. Maybe some of our skaters will stay in until then even if they don't plan to go on to 2022 if Montreal is chosen. (If Montreal is chosen I say we all crash at 4eversuspenders place)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
skate with mervin? lol

i have no clue... she's young. i think he may keep going

I think she and Mervin would be cute together. I just kind of cast around for Canadians she could skate with. I'm assuming she'll go for dual citizenship so she could always sit out the year if Dylan retires and skate for Russia again. I don't know. Just tossing out ideas.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Dylan said that she will have it by then. It's not like citizenship here is that hard to get and she's been here for .. more than 3 years.

She'll be.. 25. Maybe she could skate with Mervin when he realizes he'll never make to Olympics if he doesn't change the country he trains in (which he seems adamant about not doing) or skate with a Canadian? Or maybe she'll retire. Or maybe Dylan will stay on. I wonder what KTM will say if he does. He'll be 36 at the next Olympics? Who does he think he is Alliona?

Montreal is bidding on the 2020 Worlds and the GPF is in Vancouver in 2018. Maybe some of our skaters will stay in until then even if they don't plan to go on to 2022 if Montreal is chosen. (If Montreal is chosen I say we all crash at 4eversuspenders place)

as i said, there's room on the balcony :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think she and Mervin would be cute together. I just kind of cast around for Canadians she could skate with. I'm assuming she'll go for dual citizenship so she could always sit out the year if Dylan retires and skate for Russia again. I don't know. Just tossing out ideas.

ohhh i think she is DONE with Russia.... from the way she talks... she loves canada.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Regarding the team event I would love to give a chance to W/P and Daleman to get a medal (Dylan and Reynolds already have a team medal).

And I'd also put them in the frees, which are less critical, points-wise.

Right now I'd go with:
Chan (SP/FS)
Osmond (SP) & Daleman (FS)
D/R (SP/FS)
V/M (SD) & W/P (FD)

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Regarding the team event I would love to give a chance to W/P and Daleman to get a medal (Dylan and Reynolds already have a team medal).

Right now I'd go with:
Chan (SP/FS)
D/R (SP/FS)
V/M (SD) & W/P (FD)

But given that Pairs is first do you think D/R will want to do both when they have a realistic shot at a medal individually?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
But given that Pairs is first do you think D/R will want to do both when they have a realistic shot at a medal individually?

I think they would if it boosted the chances of a team gold.

Not to mention, Chan, Osmond, Daleman and V/M (maybe even W/P depending on how next season starts) are also gunning for individual medals.

Somebody's gonna have to go twice. And men and pairs are the disciplines where we lack a strong second entry (although I/M are still very strong). I'd just rather allow W/P and Daleman to get potential medals.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:laugh: If they are healthy, D/R will definitely win the Olympics... If team Canada is healthy they will definitely win team gold.... IF they are healthy. ;)

you think?

i don't know... pairs has become such a tough discipline... and we all know how little pcs love DR get

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
4everchan ... read between the lines ... IF they are healthy. ;) ;) ;)

oh i see... i am so slow... especially when CSG teases me... you know his words have such an effect on me... troubling ;)

:rofl2:

i will have to give him a spanking for toying with me....

blueberryhill, what would i do without your constant care?

blackey

On the Ice

Right now I'd go with:
Chan (SP/FS)
D/R (SP/FS)
V/M (SD) & W/P (FD)

I think they would have V/M skate both programs. If Canada want gold medal V/M is like their only safety points..

blueberryhill

On the Ice
oh i see... i am so slow... especially when CSG teases me... you know his words have such an effect on me... troubling ;)

:rofl2:

i will have to give him a spanking for toying with me....

blueberryhill, what would i do without your constant care?
A poster with 10,041 posts needs no help from me! ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think they would have V/M skate both programs. If Canada want gold medal V/M is like their only safety points..

not sure... france may be out after the SD... and weapo can beat any of the us and russian teams..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
4everchan ... read between the lines ... IF they are healthy. ;) ;) ;)

Haha ;) Same with Osmond/Daleman -- they will win silver and bronze IF they are healthy. :biggrin: Chan's also going to skate a clean SP and FS --- but only IF he's healthy too.

And V/M will lose to P/C... but only IF they're not healthy. ;)