2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 348 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

bsfan

On the Ice
Hope all 3 Russian girls hold it together and skate their best in both programs. They are all first time to Olympics while their main competitors have been there before.

charlotte14

Medalist
Hope all 3 Russian girls hold it together and skate their best in both programs. They are all first time to Olympics while their main competitors have been there before.
First time at the Olympics ladies tend to do better than second time.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I thought that this was Zagitova's best SP performance this season(once again). I especially liked the parts near the beginning of the step sequence. Overall, she seemed much more relaxed here. I'm not sure what it is specifically but this is an entirely different program to watch than it was at the start of the season. I'd actually say it was my favorite program to watch out of all the ladies in this competition.

Hmm, I guess I've really warmed up to her during the course of this season. I really didn't care for her at all last season.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I thought that this was Zagitova's best SP performance this season(once again). I especially liked the parts near the beginning of the step sequence. Overall, she seemed much more relaxed here. I'm not sure what it is specifically but this is an entirely different program to watch than it was at the start of the season. I'd actually say it was my favorite program to watch out of all the ladies in this competition.

Hmm, I guess I've really warmed up to her during the course of this season. I really didn't care for her at all last season.

Same here. I was quite annoyed she was winning everything at the beginning of the season with some mistakes. However, now that she is skating clean, and has made noticeable improvement, I feel she deserves her wins. She has certainly won me over this season.

tars

Record Breaker
Her moves have become so much sharper and athletic. In the beginning of the season she was floating, inaccurate, uncertain bambi deer in this, now determined, strong young woman has emerged.
It's great experience to witness such evolution! :yay:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Yes. It is very obvious she looks very relaxed here in this sp than she did early this season. She had a very nervous face but today, she was even smiling a little bit.

colormyworld240

Medalist

She's grown immensely as an artist. And her skating skills have gotten better and she acknowledges they need work even though the judges already score her high. And her jumps have gotten a lot better too even though she's going through puberty. There is a lot to like about her and he's very charming and humble (same can be said for Evgenia)

Smith16

Rinkside
Saw on this on Twitter: During the press conference Zagitova said "I broke my leg 2-3 years ago. I had some serious fractures; for 2-3 weeks, I couldn't skate at all. After that, Eteri told me I had to leave (she wanted to let me go before that) because I didn't work hard enough and the seriousness of it all"

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/st...91074166366209

followed up by this: Zagitova: "When Eteri told me I had to leave, I was very upset. For 3-4 days, I didn't practice. But I realized I loved skating. Then I told Eteri that I would leave, and she told me, let's try it again. I was so happy. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here".

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/966194256498118656

Manitou

Medalist
Is it just me or Eteri seems to favor Medvedeva over Zagitova?

My wife is saying exactly the same, especially after the known documentary and Eteri's reaction to recent Alina's SP scores, but I prefer not to think about it. I think they have a specific dynamics on that team and it's not up to me to judge. Whatever we think, it works for Alina.
On the other hand, when Evgenia left the ice Eteri appeared cold and distant, but when Alina came to the box after her SP she and Eteri hugged. I am not sure we should read too much from what we see. Eteri is who she is - a true Tsarina. She is not known for a cuddly personality.

We can also dissect whom Orser favors, etc. He appears to be "professionally nice" to Tursynbayeva, but I don't see any deep relation. But that's just shallow observations from K&C that may mean completely nothing.

russianfan

Match Penalty
4S, 4T, 3Lz+3Lo, 3F+1Lo+3S, 3Lz, 3F+3T, 2A
that's what i call THE LAYOUT! :shocked:

Sasha starts to scare me! This girl has no fear at all

Grin

Medalist
4S, 4T, 3Lz+3Lo, 3F+1Lo+3S, 3Lz, 3F+3T, 2A
that's what i call THE LAYOUT! :shocked:

Sasha starts to scare me! This girl has no fear at all
Sherbakova is doing well, but Sasha is not going to give up, will she do 2 quads layout at worlds?

andromache

Record Breaker
Saw on this on Twitter: During the press conference Zagitova said "I broke my leg 2-3 years ago. I had some serious fractures; for 2-3 weeks, I couldn't skate at all. After that, Eteri told me I had to leave (she wanted to let me go before that) because I didn't work hard enough and the seriousness of it all"

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/st...91074166366209

followed up by this: Zagitova: "When Eteri told me I had to leave, I was very upset. For 3-4 days, I didn't practice. But I realized I loved skating. Then I told Eteri that I would leave, and she told me, let's try it again. I was so happy. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here".

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/966194256498118656

As disappointed as I am in what I perceive to be Alina's wayyyyy too high PCS, the girl has grit and determination and I have all the respect in the world for her.

But I am still Team Evgenia. :biggrin: