2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I really want to see Yulia make a comeback this season and see Zhenya pull off a quad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breadstal

Record Breaker
I hope Evgenia will bring -3Lo combo :luv17: I also wish for Yulia's comeback, I have zero expectations for any team but I need good results from her (but if I can ask for one thing is for her to skate for at least this one last season if she's healthy :cry:)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I would love to see different combinations for evgenia, with the rippon feature instead of the ugly tano. I'd also like to see yulia do well but will she even be given a GP assignment? Oh, and better choreography and less flailing from Elena.

Imagine

Medalist
It's certainly not Zhenia's fault that Averbukh has a habit of running his mouth. I hope she beats Elena just to spite the people who want to blame her for everything ;)

No need to hope. She's been doing just that for the past two years. If there are even any plausible challengers to her reign at this point, they certainly are not named Elena Radionova.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No need to hope. She's been doing just that for the past two years. If there are even any plausible challengers to her reign at this point, they certainly are not named Elena Radionova.

Elena Radionova is the last one who beat Medvedeva in competition.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight

Japanese girls will be her serious challengers in the Olympic season, however huge her PCS is now. Things are changing all the time.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Has Yulia's condition confirmed?
A few weeks ago, lots of discussion on her fan thread talking about she might have career ending injury and will announce retirement.

I really want to see Yulia make a comeback this season and see Zhenya pull off a quad too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone name off all of the skaters in THIS pic?

I think it's taken about late 2011 or early 2012.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I can definitely see the Japanese girls being threats to evgenia, but at the same time, I still see evgenia in a league of her own (in the eyes of the judges). Whenever someone seems to get close to approaching her, evgenia just ups her technical arsenal. And she does it like it's no big deal. So, even with rika kihira's 3A, and Marin Honda's presence, I don't see evgenia being beaten. "Competitive soul of a beast!"

tars

Record Breaker
I recognize four: Leonova on the left, Shelepen on the right, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya in the middle.

Manitou

Medalist
I recognize four: Leonova on the left, Shelepen on the right, Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya in the middle.

If it's 2012, then it's TWO years before Sochi. Yulia was tiny and physically undeveloped in Sochi, while that girl on the picture looks quite developed and relatively tall. And this is even two years earlier.
Plus, Yulia is brunette and that girl is clearly blonde. Face is very similar, but my bet it's not Yulia.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If it's 2012, then it's TWO years before Sochi. Yulia was tiny and physically undeveloped in Sochi, while that girl on the picture looks quite developed and relatively tall. And this is even two years earlier.
Plus, Yulia is brunette and that girl is clearly blonde. Face is very similar, but my bet it's not Yulia.

It's Yulia...I took it from her fan page ;)

andromache

Record Breaker

Girl in the photo looks like she has undergone very limited preteen development - I wouldn't say "quite developed" at all, though the grown-up dress the girl is wearing makes it look that way. Height is hard to tell since everyone in this picture is short. Here we can at least see that Yulia was, in 2012, taller than Liza.

As for the hair - could be lighting?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So it's either:
1. the fan page is wrong
2. it's not 2012, but way later and Yulia dyed her hair
3. I don't know what I am talking about

Fan page is right :yes:

I think the first one I posted was from Grand Prix Final and the second one is from JWC. I love the off season :eek::

Who are the other girls? Where is AlexRus or Hanca? Heck...I bet skyfly_20 would know ;)

Last edited: