2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

bramweld

Record Breaker
I wonder what Arina and Maxim will show us next season. The competition is so tight among the juniors I don't think they'll make it to junior worlds, although I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry if this has been asked already (feel free to direct me to other posts if it has), but does anyone have any recent info on Elena Ilinykh? I don't think she and Shibnev were at nationals, were they? And if so, does anyone know why they weren't there?

I sincerely hope she has found in Shibnev, or will keep looking for, a partner who can match her talent and commit for the long term. I so want to see her at her best again.

Mattieu

Medalist
Sorry if this has been asked already (feel free to direct me to other posts if it has), but does anyone have any recent info on Elena Ilinykh? I don't think she and Shibnev were at nationals, were they? And if so, does anyone know why they weren't there?

I sincerely hope she has found in Shibnev, or will keep looking for, a partner who can match her talent and commit for the long term. I so want to see her at her best again.

Elena and Shibnev are both in a show Snow White on ice with Adeline Sotnikova at the moment.
http://www.forsmi.ru/announce/364410/

Weathergal

Medalist

They were not at Nationals. They withdrew shortly before them.

Marta25

Medalist
It looks like the Rumyantseva group doesn`t have enough ice time https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd614MnhM_-/?taken-by=bet1nka

I always had the perception that there are so many ice rinks in Moscow that ice time wasn`t an issue. This is especially worrisome since Popova/Mozgov are #1 alternates for Europeans. Hopefully, their situation is going to improve since with P/M`s 4th place finish at Nats, they should be in the National team for next season.

Weathergal

Medalist
It looks like the Rumyantseva group doesn`t have enough ice time https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd614MnhM_-/?taken-by=bet1nka

I always had the perception that there are so many ice rinks in Moscow that ice time wasn`t an issue. This is especially worrisome since Popova/Mozgov are #1 alternates for Europeans. Hopefully, their situation is going to improve since with P/M`s 4th place finish at Nats, they should be in the National team for next season.

Betina and Sergei talked about it in an interview, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJbZTpexlyk (It has English subtitles, so it was really fun for me to able to "hear" from them and a get a sense of their personalities.) They seem like such great people and very fun spirited. But they are also very serious about their skating and hard working.

gmyers

Record Breaker

Russia Is really shutting down it’s ice dance program to focus on ladies. They don’t get this message?

Mattieu

Medalist
Russia Is really shutting down it’s ice dance program to focus on ladies. They don’t get this message?

Russia will not close down it's ice dance program, as they need to have ice dancers for the team competition, full stop!

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Rumyantseva’s group trains at the Megasport arena. The reason they have no ice is because Megasport is being used for Euros.They are supposed to go back at the end of the month but Jr Nationals is next week.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Russia will not close down it's ice dance program, as they need to have ice dancers for the team competition, full stop!

They seem to focus on their pairs and ladies, and this season the men have started to produce better results (Kolyada has, anyway). I wonder if it's because Morozov and Zhulin are really the only two top coaches left in Russia for dance, while Igor and Marina have their training camps in the US (Krylova, too, and there's still Natalia but she doesn't have really top senior dancers these last two quads), and everyone is now clamouring to work with Marie-France et al in Montreal? So maybe they are pouring their resources elsewhere.

With B/S likely retiring this season (her anyway, he may continue), I'd like to see what Zhulin can do with Tiffani and Jonathan. And of course S/B will move up in the world next season, assuming that V/M, at least one of the US teams (Shibs or C/B, or both?), the Italians, W/P and B/S all retire.

Marta25

Medalist
They seem to focus on their pairs and ladies, and this season the men have started to produce better results (Kolyada has, anyway). I wonder if it's because Morozov and Zhulin are really the only two top coaches left in Russia for dance, while Igor and Marina have their training camps in the US (Krylova, too, and there's still Natalia but she doesn't have really top senior dancers these last two quads), and everyone is now clamouring to work with Marie-France et al in Montreal? So maybe they are pouring their resources elsewhere.

With B/S likely retiring this season (her anyway, he may continue), I'd like to see what Zhulin can do with Tiffani and Jonathan. And of course S/B will move up in the world next season, assuming that V/M, at least one of the US teams (Shibs or C/B, or both?), the Italians, W/P and B/S all retire.

Tiffani and Jonathan aren`t in Zhulin`s group anymore, but he has still S/K. Let`s see how far he can take them. I hope S/B can finally move up in the rankings, it seems like they have been stuck for a while around that 10th place in the World.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Tiffani and Jonathan aren`t in Zhulin`s group anymore, but he has still S/K. Let`s see how far he can take them. I hope S/B can finally move up in the rankings, it seems like they have been stuck for a while around that 10th place in the World.

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been keeping up as well as I should be. And yes: S/B need to move up. They can't be 10th forever!! They'll be top 5 in the world a year from now and likely on the Euro podium. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker

It’s closing down its support for ice dance. Maybe a pittance will be given if anything. They are forgetting it exists.

Rumyantseva’s group trains at the Megasport arena. The reason they have no ice is because Megasport is being used for Euros.They are supposed to go back at the end of the month but Jr Nationals is next week.

Popova has been talking about this for months. Literally all season. But if Russia cared about dance they would have ice time.

Morozov has no Russian ice dance teams except his daughters! The top talent is zhulin lol kustarova lol svinin and zhuk looks and lol. No Russian team can move up because they aren’t coached by dubreuil zueva fusar poli or spiliband.

Hopefully s/b move to dubreuil by getting a sponsor who pays for them.

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been keeping up as well as I should be. And yes: S/B need to move up. They can't be 10th forever!! They'll be top 5 in the world a year from now and likely on the Euro podium. :)
Only if they change everything about their training and learn ijs ice dance but they won’t be given the money to..

uhh

Medalist

It is odd as they must have known they would have no ice during Euros for ages. Why didn't she made alternative arrangements much earlier in the season?

Bcash

Final Flight
I was watching B/S's SD today and was struck by how slow and small their Rhumba pattern is. Especially compared to P/C who just whizzed past the judges seats and got so close to the end board, whereas B/S's turn was completed with quite a distance to the boards.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I was watching B/S's SD today and was struck by how slow and small their Rhumba pattern is. Especially compared to P/C who just whizzed past the judges seats and got so close to the end board, whereas B/S's turn was completed with quite a distance to the boards.

Yes it’s hard to see with competition cameras. Being there in person and Fan cams can work great to truly illuminate deficiencies that explain PCS differences. sometimes not even competition cameras can show you blade edge mistakes that can turn what looks level 4 to actually level 1 or even 2!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think B/S had a better competition in the SD compared to RN, and worse in the FD - but that doesn't mean it's all bad or good.

And S/B may not win them this season yet, because I don't know if their magic from the SD will carry over the coming competitions, but it's clear that they are poised to take that #1 next year. And they will.