Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: 2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Dabin needs more speed and more personality on ice.
    Probably. But she's already a much better performer than she was two seasons ago in juniors. I'm glad to see that improvement and to see her healthy.

Dabin's advantage, when healthy, is still the same. She's a rock. It's something you should never underestimate. She doesn't come on full of flash & fire. She creeps up on the field because she's steady. She has skated more clean FD performances in the last three years than maybe anyone I can think of beyond Medvedeva, Miyahara, and Zagitova.

Tripping on the Podium

4 Not allowed!
    June Hyoung Lee will work as a commentator for SBS during the Olympics (Team event and Men's singles).

His Mom's tweet: https://twitter.com/junemom567/statu...98677124284416

Perhaps Jin Seo Kim will go to the Worlds after all?

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post

Also YY was in Taiwan and in the audience for 4CC! I hope seeing all those high level skaters will have a good influence on her. She mentioned in her Instagram that Jason really impressed her.
    Agreed - it was awesome to see her in the audience cheering everyone on! And her Insta story and selfie with Jason were so cute.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    The fact that she tends to skate clean and yet does not have superb results yet worries me. That's why I think she needs some "it" factor. Skaters like Anna P., Osmond don't need to skate clean to reach podium. Not denying she is the best Korea senior lady right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    Probably. But she's already a much better performer than she was two seasons ago in juniors. I'm glad to see that improvement and to see her healthy.

Dabin's advantage, when healthy, is still the same. She's a rock. It's something you should never underestimate. She doesn't come on full of flash & fire. She creeps up on the field because she's steady. She has skated more clean FD performances in the last three years than maybe anyone I can think of beyond Medvedeva, Miyahara, and Zagitova.

Team Tessa and Scott ice coverage's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Just noticed that HoJung Lee put some great photos on Instagram of herself at Gangneung Ice Arena.

Is she going to be an announcer for OWG??

(I know that she and Richard Kam stopped competing together.)

Anyway, good to see her .

Good luck to Kim/Kam and all of Team Korea .

四年もかけてじっくりじっくり煮込むから きっと美味し くなるね

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    The fact that she tends to skate clean and yet does not have superb results yet worries me. That's why I think she needs some "it" factor. Skaters like Anna P., Osmond don't need to skate clean to reach podium. Not denying she is the best Korea senior lady right now
    "It" factor helps, but right now what will help her a lot more... is improving her components (especially skating skills and speed, more difficult and varied transitions, etc)... and ticking more GoE boxes on her jumps/elements. Easier said than done, while still trying to deliver clean skates...

3 Not allowed!
    Eunsoo and Yelim at Olympic Torch Relay! They're so cute omg https://twitter.com/pyeongchang2018/...44577323642880

0 Not allowed!
    Does South Korean team has training base outside Pyeonchang to train?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25