2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of S. Korean Figure Skating

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
One spot for men at Olympics! June Hyoung Lee KOR: 3A2T, 3A, 3Lo, 3F, 3F3T, 2A2T2Lo, 3Lz(e?ur?step,hand) TES 76.52, PCS 72.00, FS 148.52, TOTAL 222.89 cr: @rockerskating Good job, June :agree: Free (it's awesome!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeq5hcjucWI

The competition for the men's spot is kinda heartbreaking. I'm happy that june hyoung skated well and earned the spot for men's, but on a normal day jun hwan can outskate the others. If jun hwan can be healthy, that's gonna be awkward...

I am happy for LEE, he performed and he earn the spot to Oly, eventually if the spot is going to himself or Jun Hwan, it depends on their performance during the season, at the national and other qualifying events (there are more qualifying events at Koran for selection of the national team member, right? I remember reading it somewhere), their score (and their consistency) will be the indicator.
At the end of the day, whoever got selected will be representing the country, so who have a better chance to get a higher place at Oly will go.

Things might gets a bit awkward sometime along the way, but for LEE, he proved that he could earn a spot at Oly for his country, this is a true glory for him, that no one could take it away from him. :agree:

Kara

Final Flight
YES YES YES YES YEEES!!! This means that Korea gets to participate in the team event right!? YES YES!!:hap93: HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YURA AND ALEX AND JUNEHYOUNG!!! I rocked along to his FS as usual.:rock: Couldn't live watch any of it because of time zones and geoblocking, but I didn't want to in the first place because of nerves, but they did not disappoint!!! Treat yourself to lots of food when you get back home!:luv17:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
OMG I can't believe my eyes. Soooo precious moments in Nebelhorn :love:
I wonder Korea can skate in Team Event, since there are only 10 teams going to Team Event.:scratch2:

breadstal

Record Breaker
(there are more qualifying events at Koran for selection of the national team member, right? I remember reading it somewhere), their score (and their consistency) will be the indicator.
At the end of the day, whoever got selected will be representing the country, so who have a better chance to get a higher place at Oly will go.

Yes, the first one was Nebelhorn Selection where June won. Next one will be Ranking Competition in October and then Nationals.

breadstal

Record Breaker
OMG I can't believe my eyes. Soooo precious moments in Nebelhorn :love:
I wonder Korea can skate in Team Event, since there are only 10 teams going to Team Event.:scratch2:

Korea is 9th in Team Ranking and have 3 disciplines qualified, so yes. Ranking still can be changed I guess though, Russia and Canada are the only countries who already are in.

nimi

Medalist
Korea is 9th in Team Ranking and have 3 disciplines qualified, so yes.
Yay! :hap10:

I hope that Kim/Kam will be the pair who skates in the team event. They were pretty delightful in Autumn Classic Int!
(Unlike Kim/Kim in Nebelhorn unfortunately... :slink:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Korea is 9th in Team Ranking and have 3 disciplines qualified, so yes. Ranking still can be changed I guess though, Russia and Canada are the only countries who already are in.

For anyone who's curious, technically they still have to be in the top 10 countries to qualify. Definitely doable, but not a certainty.

Right now there's 11 countries with at least 3 disciplines. Canada, USA, Russia, China, Italy, France, Germany all have all 4 disciplines. Japan, Israel, South Korea and Czech Republic all have 3 disciplines. Australia and Ukraine have 2 disciplines and are in likely contention to get ladies' spots to give them both 3.

13 countries for 10 spots. I believe South Korea will have enough ranking points to get a spot.

breadstal

Record Breaker
For anyone who's curious, technically they still have to be in the top 10 countries to qualify. Definitely doable, but not a certainty.

Right now there's 11 countries with at least 3 disciplines. Canada, USA, Russia, China, Italy, France, Germany all have all 4 disciplines. Japan, Israel, South Korea and Czech Republic all have 3 disciplines. Australia and Ukraine have 2 disciplines and are in likely contention to get ladies' spots to give them both 3.

13 countries for 10 spots. I believe South Korea will have enough ranking points to get a spot.
Yes, there will be battle for last two spots, I think it will be between Korea, Israel and Australia. I don't understand how they count points though :confused: Only Grand Prix series counrs? Or challengers/ internationals, as well?

June and Yura and Alex will skate at Gala! https://twitter.com/fs_evolution/status/914106254800416768

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes, there will be battle for last two spots, I think it will be between Korea, Israel and Australia. I don't understand how they count points though :confused: Only Grand Prix series counrs? Or challengers/ internationals, as well?

June and Yura and Alex will skate at Gala! https://twitter.com/fs_evolution/status/914106254800416768

Here's the Qualification Procedures document

Points are accumulated from each country's top scoring entry in the 2017 World Championships or 2017-2018 Grand Prix season +GPF. If necessary (i.e. if the country doesn't have points from those events) they can also get Team Event qualification points from 2017 Europeans/2017 Four Continents, 2017 World Junior Championships, or 2017-2018 Junior Grand Prix events (not counting the Final). The chart of what placements get what points is on Page 8.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Here's the Qualification Procedures document

Points are accumulated from each country's top scoring entry in the 2017 World Championships or 2017-2018 Grand Prix season +GPF. If necessary (i.e. if the country doesn't have points from those events) they can also get Team Event qualification points from 2017 Europeans/2017 Four Continents, 2017 World Junior Championships, or 2017-2018 Junior Grand Prix events (not counting the Final). The chart of what placements get what points is on Page 8.

:thank:

breadstal

Record Breaker
You Young 4th in JGP Croatia, just 2 points away from bronze :hopelessness: She didn't put 3T after axel, URs on 3Lz and 3F (ugh, she almost had it). The levels are problem, especially her StSq (2), also FSS (also level 2). 3 first jumping passes were great but she got tired in second half. I think she did well overall tho :agree: I bet she was nervous and felt expectations, it wasn't perfect debut but still a good one! Hyunsoo is 9th, congrats to her!

You's free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNe5IDWE84
Hyunsoo's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_NTmiTxM8&t=2s

Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgpcro2017/jgpcro2017_JuniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Young you's Sit spin is not sit down enough, I have similar impression when I was watching her SP too.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Congrats to June Hyoung and Min/Gamelin for great performances! :clap: Thank you for earning the spots!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
and the saga of heartbreak in singles starts...

If y'all asked me who has the highest chance of taking an Olympic spot, it's Dabin. The rest....idk :palmf::drama::laugh: