Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 772 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcq

Record Breaker
I am going, yay! I could have had better seats if I had gone with my gut feeling when mississauga was announced, but I waited... oh well, still going!!!

Hope for 2 new programs, and costumes more like this year's.... tasteful bling... even black with bling!

Have fun there! Considering this will likely be his first event after a long while I am guessing there will be plenty of Japanese Fans flying there to see him. (Also there is satoko, rika, yuka and mura there too!) Is the gala practice open to public?

liv

Record Breaker
I will have fun, I am sure. How could I not? I haven't gone to see live skating since the GPF in Kitchener with Yagudin, PLushenko etc....now THAT was frickin' awesome... and it's only a 30 minute drive to Mississauga... can't miss it. Great lineup in all events, too.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Have fun there! Considering this will likely be his first event after a long while I am guessing there will be plenty of Japanese Fans flying there to see him. (Also there is satoko, rika, yuka and mura there too!) Is the gala practice open to public?

Idk but there was a live stream last year :cool:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Please let me distract your guys' attention for a minute. Has anyone seen it already? That's the fancam of the last year's GPF's Gala rehearsals.
Yuzu is being his super bubbly self :hap85: Even more than during the actual Gala.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQxMjE3NzIyMA==.html

I love how happy he looks at the Gala rehearsals. I remember how he was also that way in Misha's video og the gala rehearsal at Worlds 2015 :biggrin:
I had thought for a moment that he might have considered staying in Canada all the way until NHK. But it would be too long. And well as you guys mentioned, he needs his costumes!
But I think it will still be a while until he goes back to Japan. He has to really recover, then he has to get his new programs (I guess he at least has the music ready).

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2661 - 2675

NEWS

A sample of Yuzuru’s new book.

And a sneak peek of it from the editor’s blog.

They moved up the sales date from July 7 to July 2 but will also be sold at DOI from July 1!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHK2vAwhSvb/
I think you can easily spot Yuzu here. Is he the one leading in the center?
Edit: that's definitely him. No doubt

=>
Apparently someone asked Annie how Yuzu is doing and she answered this.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208651890949663&set=p.10208651890949663&type=3&theater
"he's doing great, Land 4loop"

Yuzuru is going to skate canada and NHK same as last year.

PICTURES & VIDEOS

Love you Yuzu and and otsukaresama deshita.

Another blurry video where we possibly can see Yuzu- please wait for a few seconds. He seem to stand in a starting, closing pose: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHHsmsejgNs/ Sorry if posted already.
Edit: the poster on Twitter says Yuzu is the guy in grey with a person in black showing... what? Seem like jump technique? I let you decide who's who cause I'm not sure.

I have realized only now that ten days ago the the same group of persons that added English subs to the Eurosport transmissions with Italian commentary did it again also for the Yuzuru's FP at the last GPF.
Because they did a great job (thanks a lot) and because the commentaries of Max Ambesi and Angelo Dolfini are so enthusiastic about Yuzu skills (and rich of interesting insights), I post the link also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7CCGnkojk

Enjoy, if you want, while waiting the return of Yuzu (what we can call him now, more than King ? ... Emperor? or like Max an alien, or Tat a sciaman ... :D? It is not easy at all to find the right appellation for him).

Thank you @alia for all the beautiful fanarts you report here .

All videos are also available on vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/user53487140

where there should be no geo-blocking.

Has this been posted?

Yuzuru looks having lost some weight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHKdVqKAF5l/

Is he really 21 year-old male , or human?

I cannot be sure

BTW- are these pics recent or after Worlds/ earlier this year? https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRHy6cA4Ar

Please let me distract your guys' attention for a minute. Has anyone seen it already? That's the fancam of the last year's GPF's Gala rehearsals.
Yuzu is being his super bubbly self Even more than during the actual Gala.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQxMjE3NzIyMA==.html

OTHER

Sorry, a bit off topic, but it seems The mask Yuzuru was wearing is good for loosing weight!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ifh59_160626-空港で彼が付けてたアレの意外な効果_sport

HI everyone:

I just got back from my first ever trip to Japan!!! Wow, it was so cool!!! Here is my blog entry about my day trip to Sendai!!! More to come....

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/yuzuru-hanyu-my-first-time-in-japan-part-1-sendai/

Apologies that this post is off topic, but Angelic Yuzuru just reposted my all time favorite 'caption this' series and it made me smile so much all over again. I miss Yuzuru's complex genius splendid normal cheerful self so much, and earnestly pray every day that all is well!

http://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/140206936307/a-game-that-we-played-in-our-fb-fan-group-caption

https://flic.kr/p/GTtnjd

That's a photo of Yuzuru signing autographs for fans at the Grand Prix Final in 2011 in Quebec. At that time, he was not the Olympic & World champion & Daisuke Takahashi was the big star who it was difficult to approach (but even Daisuke stopped for autographs at that GPF). After the gala, when everyone was walking in the dark outside the arena toward the parking lot, I noticed that right in front of me was a rolling suitcase with a Pooh-bear strapped on top! Yuzuru was walking alone among us! So, it's clearly just because he's so popular now & has such ardent fans that he doesn't stop for autographs & photos & has bodyguards.

There was a time when he stopped all the time for fans, and it was easy to meet/talk to him. (see Here)

But it seems to me he became a victim of his own successs, and it's just not practical any more. Possibly also bad for his health (cold, flu, etc. You have to wonder if Asada's illness at last year's GPF wasn't due to her being so generous to her fans before the competition started)... and maybe even dangerous (fan stampedes, or some fans could be crazy)...

It speaks volumes that he has a body guard with him everywhere he goes now...

There is a new interview. I think we will have the translation soonhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1552187651757778&set=gm.1741463889434743&type=3&theater

Promotional video for "Blue Flames II", Yuzuru's second autobiography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtk4wvP8uI&feature=share

TRANSLATIONS

So here is a bit an interesting off-season episode,
It seems that the fan has heard that from the owner of the noodle shop where Yuzuru had visited before the NHK of the last year.
According to the owner, Yuzu had told her/him what “Everyone coming to the NHK Trophy for the purpose of seeing Mao-chan (not me), she has an aura more than me.”
S/he also said that the both of Yuzu-kun and his mother were polite/modest and beautiful persons.

Such a humble boy , he has definitely has an aura as well.

=>
@hamaguri, I am sorry that the video is geoblocked for someone. I checked on dailymotion but I didn’t find the video with these subs. But I don’t know very well that platform.
I write down here some of their comments, because for me it is useful to watch again and remember what Yuzuru accomplished in this season, independently of the scores. And I was so sorry that after Worlds also some of his fans seemed have already forgotten all that.

Between quotation marks you find the literal translation from the video (translation is made not by me but by Carolina, Ilaria and other english speaker fan. thanks a lot to them).

The comments at the beginning of the program are few, just naming the jump, as usual for these commentators.
The excitement began to grow from the moment of the combo, quad+triple toeloop, that they defined as “pazzesco!” translated as “insane!”
They repeated the same after the last triple lutz, stressing the fact that Yuzuru is performing for the fourth time in a row (within two weeks) a clean et almost flawless performance.

The best come at the end of the program, when they feel rightly more free to speak without disturbing who was watching the performance (from 5:45 mins).
“MA: (his usual phrase for yuzu) Welcome on planet Hanyu! Population one: HIM.
AD: we saw him here in a close-up. T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C! 120! (laughing in joy). It’s impressive, Massimilano. It is really disarming in a competition where we saw such high level technical content, Yuzuru goes out in the rink and gift us another record.”

And again at 6:30
“MA: now the dilemma is the following: in front such a program, you judge who are sitting rink side, how can you not give 10 to choreography, interpretation, skating skills – because the variety of the steps and the flow that you can see here it’s a rare thing – performance is 10 by right…And the last 10 …since the last component always follows the other four, just give 10 for everything and stop.
…No because this is 10. It is 10. Game over: 100!
AD: it is crazy, CRAZY. And here how much we can go higher over 300? 330? Can we go to 330?
MA: in my opinion, we are at 330 in total. This is a program that can’t get less than 220, c’mon. Because it must 100 on pcs.
AD: (laughing in joy) Astounding! I don’t think it will get 100, but we won’t be that far
MA: how many North American judges are there? From USA? Let’s check. Because from there we can know if he will get 100. They are those who criticize Hanyu. They, who have Jason Brown (the ton of these sentence in Italian is quite ironic, obviously).
AD: Just one
MA: Eh, that one could give some problems.
AD: But you know the lowest score gets dropped, so…
MA: the lowest score gets dropped, that’s true.
AD: Crazy. Impressive. This athlete is astounding. And he didn’t let other amazing performances affect him

At 8:07
“AD: (….) but still it is tremendous. Unbelievable (…) this athlete is hammering program after program, with the highest difficulty and with an impressive consistency. Actually, I don’t have the right words to explain this.
MA: but everybody is following his example. And today competition is something that we have never seen before.”

At 9:10
“MA: Now let’s wait. But really to give that 100 would be a message (the score came out). Well. 98,56, we can be satisfied with that. 330,43. No else in the world has broken 300. How much higher he will get? 350?
AD: he can’t get to that because pcs are capped
MA: amazing
AD: hands on his face…but this athlete is impressive. The greatest we have ever seen on an ice rink
MA: there are no more comparison. And we are not even interested in those of another era anymore. There have been great champions in the past, in different times. Yagudin was exceptional, Plushenko was exceptional, but here we are in front of an union of art and technique that has no precedent in skating history.
AD: he is the greatest talent we have ever seen. A naturalness in the way he executes difficult elements that has no precedents

Then Max conclude giving his advice to Italian young male skaters about the importance to learn first to jump well and with quality, and then work on the pcs, like Boyang now (but he let intend following me also like Yuzuru in the past). Boyang also without high pcs this year arrived 5th in the GPF (and now we can say 3rd at Worlds). The contrary example for him is Jason Brown, that has to learn quadruples to compete with the others top skaters in the world.

They both finish speaking about this beautiful and epic competition, with exceptional performances, making references also to the ladies (Medveva) and the juniors (Tsurksaya among ladies; males little bit worse but all with difficult and ambitious programs) competitions where the technique bar was raised the same, this year.

At the very end
MA: in the last two weeks Yuzuru Hanyu gave himself the luxury and gave us the honour to watch four perfect programs
AD: Crazy! And what kind of programs.
MA: And we already knows that he is going to say: “No, but I can do better, because I didn’t like I did the steps sequence, I can improve on the spins…” He is like that!
AD: Indeed

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I love how happy he looks at the Gala rehearsals. I remember how he was also that way in Misha's video og the gala rehearsal at Worlds 2015 :biggrin:
I had thought for a moment that he might have considered staying in Canada all the way until NHK. But it would be too long. And well as you guys mentioned, he needs his costumes!
But I think it will still be a while until he goes back to Japan. He has to really recover, then he has to get his new programs (I guess he at least has the music ready).

Yes, I think that's cause he can finally be relieved from all the pressure and just be himself and have childlike fun. When I competed in my small field we usually went crazy after the competition had been over. Played like little monkeys. I've also witnessed it's usually Misha who understands and empathizes with him the most at such happy times lol.
I thought he would like to take part in 24 TV again this year. What do you think? I also think he only makes his costumes in Japan now and would like to stay in Japan for a while when the programs are done. He's not been there since February, he must miss his family a lot. Hoping he will decide on what's best for him, for his mental and physical condition.
Btw, my friend's just shared a piece of information from his new book. She said that Yuzu has an accurate 3D whole-body-muscle-diagram in his head and can project it onto himself using his senses as well. This way he can realize while training which muscles are moving and which aren't working. This sounds like a science fiction scenario and I still wonder if she translated correctly. Maybe someone can clarify this?:)

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
He was home in April? I thought he hadn't gone back since he arrived at the end of February... as soon as his programs are choreographed I'm sure he will be going back home now that he's back on the ice training.

It will be interesting to hear more about what is revealed in his new book. Looking forward to any translations.

gsyzf

Medalist
So it's Medvedeva's turn to sit out most of the season and Lipnitskaya's and Tuk's to return to glory? :laugh: [ /off topic]

A slump is only relative to a peak. Some skaters' slump is probably still very good, but only worse than their peak. It's hard to maintain peak form for a long period when the expectation increases. Her placement depends on her own performance, her rivals' performance and the judging. (This applies to all skaters.) If she gives a sub-par performance and her rivals are even weaker and also give sub-par performances, she may still win and medal. Her results would still look decent. If she is in a slump and her rivals are peaking, then her placements would look a lot worse. It's better to have a slump next season than during the Olympic season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.