Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika

Final Flight
As promised, here is my video review from FaOI金沢. Be warned though, it is quite rough and I did not have enough time to properly edit it. Still though, I wanted to share it with the members of this group as I focussed primarily on Yuzuru's two skates in the show. I will do one more for Kobe and that will complete the four city set. For me Fantasy on Ice really is the best show in Japan year after year, and I enjoyed it immensely. Hope that comes through in the video. Let me know what you think.

Hope you enjoy! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jSpJE1jBy0

Thank you for your reports!
The previous one, with stats on Men coming to ice shows/competition was very interesting. I really enjoyed the video, it seems like you had a great time and the show seems to have been fabulous!
Btw I noticed by seeing your face you're following me on Twitter so funny! :laugh:
Thank you everyone for the updates. It's always a pleasure to read the biiig amount of post added everyday :popcorn:

nagini

On the Ice
Oh, and about his costumes- they are ART. Maybe some people are seeing just fabrics, but i see a picture, it tells a story. His costumes are like art- you don´t need to like it, but you have to UNDERSTAND it.:yes:

You're right they are Art! If they weren't the way they are then the stories (programs) would be incomplete! Not everyone understands art and that's ok. :) The most important thing i guess it's not to hate even if you don't like it or understand it. The costumes are not a thought of one person they're made by a team of people who spend time on thinking how it will present the story, just like the designers help everyone show their personalities by combining the clothes they like most.

@hamaguri Thank you very much for the reports, they made my life easier so to speak. :bow:

nagini

On the Ice
Hi all. I went up to see Fantasy on Ice in Kanazawa.

What to say? Yesterday’s performance was wonderful. Of the three FaOI’s I’ve been to this year, this one was by far the best. SEMEI has to be seen live to be fully appreciated (as opposed to some other performances, which actually seem better on video I feel). The videos uploaded so far do not do it justice. Though we are still only given a glimpse of the full FS, it is clear to me that this will be a game-changing routine. I think SPORTYMAGS may be right, that this just might be Yuzuru’s seminal work. The costume is more magnificent in person than on camera. And Yuzu emotes so well that you can feel his feelings as he skates. I was in tears by the end. It was also so great to see his new exhibition number. I am not sure of the name of the piano piece used (I am sure others have already noted it), but it was superb. This one is less about jumps and sequences and more about expressing a sentiment. Longing, heartbreak, and determination all come shining through his graceful gestures and fluid movements. I was blown away by both pieces. There will be a video review in a few days about the whole show, but I just wanted to share my initial impressions. :cheer:

- PJ

Thank you for the report!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
From Sophie Moroi, facebook group:

Yuzuru apparently visited the Yuzuruha Shrine in Kobe today, too (in addition to the Seimei Shrine in Kyoto).
The two wishes Yuzuru has written on the "ema" are as follows:

(The left one) "May I be able to perform without any injuries, without forgetting the wish to grow continuously, and just the way I am.
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=6e2871a1a5f96e8e1172996590acf092&oe=55E7624F

(The right one) "All your thoughts for me always push my back [i.e.support me]. Deepest thanks from my heart. May everyone of you be able to feel your own happiness."
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1b63c88fd5374aa8603840eadf64c227&oe=5624F015

Yuzuru Hanyu
2nd July 2015
(the photo credit to @yuppi_tB on twitter)

So he wrote 2 wishes, 1 for himself and 1 for all the supporters.

Last edited:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

It was so sweet of him to leave a wish not only for himself, but for all his fans too and wish them happiness :love:
Millons of people wish him to be healthy and happy, magic from shrine will definitely work;)

Rissa

Record Breaker
As promised, here is my video review from FaOI金沢. Be warned though, it is quite rough and I did not have enough time to properly edit it. Still though, I wanted to share it with the members of this group as I focussed primarily on Yuzuru's two skates in the show. I will do one more for Kobe and that will complete the four city set. For me Fantasy on Ice really is the best show in Japan year after year, and I enjoyed it immensely. Hope that comes through in the video. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for the video, it was really fun to hear your thoughts! And now I'm even more jealous. :laugh:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
It was so sweet of him to leave a wish not only for himself, but for all his fans too and wish them happiness :love:
Millons of people wish him to be healthy and happy, magic from shrine will definitely work;)

Exactly ;)

gsyzf

Medalist
I think a Yuzuru is a combination of natural talent and hard work. And he does spend a lot of time practicing his skating skills as Brian felt that is the foundation of all skating. It is to his credit that when he first moved to Toronto, he acknowledged his weakness in that area and worked hard at it, never minding that he, then the reigning World bronze medalist, was in class with skaters with lesser resumes.

What is mind boggling is that he still has room for improvement. This is what his coach Tracy Wilson said of him after he won Worlds last year: "He is still an incomplete athlete, as he still has so much more to grow. I will teach him all of the skating skills to lay down a solid foundation, in addition to going into the smallest of details, such as how he rotates his wrists in order to improve the entire program altogether. In terms of his artistic skills, he has much more to learn in order to express his emotions and interpretation even more. He has an immense amount of talent, and as long as he’s directed towards the right direction, there’s no saying what he can do. When all of this has been accomplished, he’ll definitely become a skater that seems to be out of this world." (http://311mi.tumblr.com/post/96411335613/yuzuru-can-improve-even-more-tracy-Wilson, emphasis mine) So much for us then his fans to look forward to. :)

He practiced skating skills more when he moved to Toronto. But overall, I think he still spent more time on jumps than on skating skills (like most skaters do). Also, I don't think he practiced that much in skating skill compared to skaters who have good skating skills. Those skaters spent a lot of time practicing skating skills since they were kids. Yuzu didn't have the training environment when he was young (he probably didn't have the patience either), but his skating was very natural and very good even as a kid given how few training hours he had. (Most of the training time was probably spent on jumps too. He loves jumps.) Even during last season, when he was so busy with ice shows and other OGM responsibilities, plus all the injuries, he didn't have much training, but his skating skills improved dramatically. He made good use of the limited training he had. IMO,he is a very gifted, if not the most gifted skater in skating skills. He is very natural on ice.

Of course, talent alone does not make him a champion. Talent + hard work makes him a Champion. He works very hard too.

During a TV interview following the 2012 Nice WC, Yuzuru was asked what kind of skater he wanted to be at the Sochi Olympics – a skater that was good at jumping or a skater that was good at spinning, and he replied that he wanted to be a skater that was good at everything.

At 6:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gtMZf_fx8&feature=youtu.be

What an ambitious kid!

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States

That's so cool!! What a sweet guy he is and so cute with his long legs and slender build. :love: Lucky tourists who were there and got to see him in a relaxed, off ice moment.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
How about jazz :biggrin: :cool:

Yes! Yes! :dance:
The World 2016 is in Boston. The music choice respects American culture will amuse the audience.
Of course I myself desperately want to see yuzu skates with Jazz, chilled out and with fun! (I hope light and chic type of Jazz music. I want to mention Chet Baker as Jazz Vocalist. Of course without vocal is also good. If yuzu can skate with “But not for me”:love:…)

ahkeekee

Medalist
How about jazz :biggrin: :cool:

This surely is an interesting genre he could try, I love his sing sing sing program, so I think he can try jazz again !! But I have a feeling that he might do another unexpected program like Latin?? Idk

hamaguri

Record Breaker
This surely is an interesting genre he could try, I love his sing sing sing program, so I think he can try jazz again !! But I have a feeling that he might do another unexpected program like Latin?? Idk

I like Sing Sing Sing! He used a hat well (And what surprised me to see that video is his legs were already so long!:laugh:). And young yuzu is just adorable.

If he brings Latin, I will be looking forward to the costume:love:.

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Thank you! I enjoyed this video several times, taking notes!. It lively reminded me of my memory in Kanazawa.

What I thought is;

You highly appreciate the Kanazawa FaOI as Ice show. A variety of splendid musicians considerably seem to contribute to your complement to the show. I also think so. I realized how wonderful a combination of supreme musician and skater is.

It’s a pity you didn’t speak to Stephan when you ran into him!

You seemed to be drinking Whiskey or so. What about Japanese-sake?:laugh:

What most impressed me is your reaction about SEIMEI.

I understand you had no words other than “amazing” right after you’d seen it. When we meet great works of art, we sometimes lost words to express our feelings. I think how many times we have such a “magical moment” in our lifetime. Just respect what you feel with your heart, not what you think with your head!

And I agree that SEIMEI has the possibility that it could become his seminal program. I think so and I hope so. I have never lived overseas. I can’t imagine for yuzu who went abroad at the age of 17, how meaningful a mother country is.

In Kobe, just have fan;). I’m looking forward to your report.

P.S. Thanks for information about NHK ticket! I hope to see you at NHK:dance:((And thank you for supporting me with my writing!.) .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.