Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Hehe flaring out like a skirt doesn't sound very practical, but now I wanna see what it looks like.
The closest I find now is his R&J 1 costume which flare out a bit when he jump :)

Thanks for the link :clap: . He has so much swag even at young age, how cool was that when he point to Akiko when her name was announced at 5.35min :love:

lbc2138

On the Ice
Yuzuru looks good in every color, but he suits BLUE with a passion soooooo much! He's like made for blue. I want to see him in a blue costume for his FS

It makes sense why he looks great in blue. Asians have yellow undertones that is a complement to the color blue!

AprilS

On the Ice
Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence. Wouldn't a solo 3A then a 3Lz-1Lo-3S get more points (16.66 points) than a 3A-1Lo-3S with a solo 3Lz (16.16 points)? This is something I think needs major changing in COP... Anyways the only way I can think of it contributing to an increase in his BV is if he eventually goes for a layout with -after the half way point- 4T-3T/3A-1Lo-3S/3A/3Lz-3Lo/2A. Maybe he's going for something like that in the future? :think: Or maybe he's just going for it for the WOW factor, kind of like how he had no COP reason to have both of his 3A as combinations last season?

seabm7

Final Flight
Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence.

They changed the rule after Vancouver, 2010. Now, x-1Lo-x is considered as a legitimate 3 jump combination, not a sequence. So he will get 100%.

AprilS

On the Ice
Oh I see, thanks for letting me know. Then I guess that means he finds 3A-1Lo-3S earlier in the program better for him (and certainly more visually appealing) than 3Lz-1Lo-3S late in the program :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but it is still considered as a combo jump right?

To my understanding yes. I'm searching for the thread where this was discussed. I know I posted about it the other day but I really like his 3a-1Lo-3s. He does it with confidence and speed. A lot of people make a 1Lo look like a mistake....not Yuzu :clap:

annca

On the Ice
To my understanding yes. I'm searching for the thread where this was discussed. I know I posted about it the other day but I really like his 3a-1Lo-3s. He does it with confidence and speed. A lot of people make a 1Lo look like a mistake....not Yuzu :clap:

yes! me too! i love everything he does with his 3a, from entrances to combos, he just looks confident doing it :)

unico

Final Flight
Hi there! I was just wondering why Yuzuru is practicing the 3A-1Lo-3S (LOVE it BTW) when I thought that only gets 80% of the value of the jumps involved since it's a sequence. Wouldn't a solo 3A then a 3Lz-1Lo-3S get more points (16.66 points) than a 3A-1Lo-3S with a solo 3Lz (16.16 points)? This is something I think needs major changing in COP... Anyways the only way I can think of it contributing to an increase in his BV is if he eventually goes for a layout with -after the half way point- 4T-3T/3A-1Lo-3S/3A/3Lz-3Lo/2A. Maybe he's going for something like that in the future? :think: Or maybe he's just going for it for the WOW factor, kind of like how he had no COP reason to have both of his 3A as combinations last season?

The argument why people should try harder jump combinations is interesting because there's no COP incentive, but I think judges do tend to be a bit more lenient in +GOE when it comes to harder jumping combinations. Like you said, the psychological WOW factor. Just like ladies and their 3Lz-3T.

Hanyu definitely won't have a 3Lz+3Lo (I don't think he's ever done even a 2Lo combo?), but if he could that would be a valid way to increase his BV without changing the placement of his jumps. Anyway, I'm glad for no 3Lo combos, too many injuries associated with over-practicing loops.

but it is still considered as a combo jump right?

Yes, I think no jump below 1.5 revolutions (all singles except the axel) will be scored any points. But it is a jump combination. :yes:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
He is what I found....
JUMPS
-Remarks on F/Lz for single skating (page 7) are valid for Pair Skating as well.
-Jumps with less than 1.5 revs in both Short and Free programs of Seniors/Juniors will have no value.
-In Short Program jumps which do not satisfy the requirements (wrong number of revs) will have no value.

Even though the half loop in the middle of this combo http://i.imgur.com/t3VDmjW.gif
is considered a jump, skaters use it (more like a step) to change onto an inside edge for the salchow. Without it they can't do a 3S at the end of a combination. I noticed last season many of the men used it and my non-skating fan husband always thought it was a mistake. I happen to like it myself. :)

ayarose

On the Ice
Hanyu definitely won't have a 3Lz+3Lo (I don't think he's ever done even a 2Lo combo?), but if he could that would be a valid way to increase his BV without changing the placement of his jumps. Anyway, I'm glad for no 3Lo combos, too many injuries associated with over-practicing loops.

If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.

unico

Final Flight
Amendments of communication №1884 scratched off that line. So single jumps are counted. There are protocols of some Canadian competition where you can see that for sure: http://summerskate.mintoskatingclub.com/results.html

Ah, yes you're right, Communication no. 1884 (Amendments to Communication no. 1861) does indeed omit that rule. :eek::

If I remember correctly he did 3Lo+2T for R&Jv2 in Findlandia. 3A was a solo jump then followed by a 3A+2T and the 3Lo+2T and the last combi 3Lz+1Lo+3S. He changed layout prior to the start of the GP series.

Sorry, I meant with the loop as the second part of the combination. Many guys don't do more than a __+2Lo for their combos (if they even do that at all).

darazam

On the Ice
But using your link I found this.....
If there are two links at the page I would sure copy wrong one =_= It was link to communication №1861, the one you quoted before.
Fixed it now, sorry.

Sorry, I meant with the loop as the second part of the combination. Many guys don't do more than a __+2Lo for their combos (if they even do that at all).
Christopher Caluza can do 3Lo+3Lo and 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, but he seems to be particulary good in loop jump, he trains 4Lo too (at his instagram video about 3 months ago it still looked UR).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Christopher Caluza can do 3Lo+3Lo and 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo, but he seems to be particulary good in loop jump, he trains 4Lo too (at his instagram video about 3 months ago it still looked UR).
It's 3lo-3lo. He never success that quad.

Anyways, about Yuzuru, I think the 3A 1lo 3S's BV is still higher that his 3z 1lo 3S last year without even the BV for 1lo (it's just 0.5 point) so with the 3A in place of 3Lutz, it's a huge change. And a good move.:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just deleted my posts to avoid confusion. Thanks for info. I missed the ammendment announcement somehow.

Wo|flax

Final Flight

I think that was just because he messed up the 3A(hand down) at Finlandia? There was no changing layout, it's the same layout as season before except for the added-L-3S and the moved 4S.