Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

smasma

On the Ice
Yes, thank you for the links! Just watched the whole thing. Is it me or did that rink seem really cold? I don't remember really seeing skaters breath like that before and the ice was steaming too. I wonder if it made it difficult to breathe for him because he didn't do the scream he usually does. I'll never get tired of watching this program though, it's just so amazing.

Can someone translate what the elderly people were saying to him? He appeared really moved after.

The elderly man said he's lost everything in the tsunami including his wife, his house, his dog, etc... As to why he was out of breathe, the fans said that his 6 mins warm up became a 15 min warm up due to delay on the NTV part. That's why he was tired.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Performance uploaded to youtube

Somebody give that boy a towel!! It always looks so uncomfortable when he has to answer questions with sweat pouring down his face. :slink:

I honestly get chills every time I watch him perform this program. It so beautiful and sweet. I agree he looked a bit tired and lacked his ususal energy and fire but it was wonderful how he corrected the mistake on the axel.

Can somebody explain to me what type of show this is with those people standing there on the set and watching, then individually asking him questions? :confused: I find it distracting to have one of them at the top or bottom of the screen when he is performing.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Can somebody explain to me what type of show this is with those people standing there on the set and watching, then individually asking him questions? :confused: I find it distracting to have one of them at the top or bottom of the screen when he is performing.

Yuzu was skating live for a 24 hour long charity event. The interview part was just a regular host of the event asking him stuff. As for the people up top and on the bottom- that's just a thing with Japanese tv :laugh: On news and variety shows they will have a little cam to show the reactions of some other hosts. It's just what they do.

makaihime

Final Flight
Thanks everyone for posting updates and interviews ^___^

Could Yuzu do a repeat of i.e. the 3A in a competition as well? Like - ending up popping it and then decide to just right away try it again and go on as if nothing happened?

Not without consequences. There are a limited amount of jumping passes allowed (the LP - 8 for men, 7 for ladies) and if you exceed that number, the jump will be voided.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
The elderly man said he's lost everything in the tsunami including his wife, his house, his dog, etc... As to why he was out of breathe, the fans said that his 6 mins warm up became a 15 min warm up due to delay on the NTV part. That's why he was tired.

Oh...that's absolutely horrifying :cry: I cannot even imagine such a loss. Wow, just wow. Thank you for the translation.

Darjaille

Rinkside
Not without consequences. There are a limited amount of jumping passes allowed (the LP - 8 for men, 7 for ladies) and if you exceed that number, the jump will be voided.

Ah thanks. I knew there should be a catch there somewhere but that just didn't come to my mind. If it were that easy, Mr. 3A-from-standstill would never not be able to "repair" a messed up one (not that he really pops that one much). :D

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuzu was skating live for a 24 hour long charity event. The interview part was just a regular host of the event asking him stuff. As for the people up top and on the bottom- that's just a thing with Japanese tv :laugh: On news and variety shows they will have a little cam to show the reactions of some other hosts. It's just what they do.

Oh I see! The hosts don't seem to have much of a reaction though. They stare and nod occasionally but that's it. Funny. :laugh:

Wo|flax

Final Flight

Edit to add: Yuzu's full segment on dailymotion
Thank You! gah got teary eyed all the way through. even at the school part :confused2: though I laughed at them freaking out too.
the 3A was so cool:cool: the host did a little bit of a :jaw: there msteach3 :laugh:
I hope we can see the whole thing from the beginning again one day. One day when he's super well rested and relaxed and had an easy sparse off season or something.

even though he's dripping with sweat he still looks good:eek::

echotpe

On the Ice
Yuzu's life and his skating career is strongly linked with 311 disaster. It is impossible to relieve from those ties as someone expected.

In my view, he knows it's good timing and is trying to take advantages of what attentions and resources resulted from his OG success in order to be benefiting to the damaged areas.

In the video last night, when the male senior smiled talking about his family lost, Yuzu felt painful and was in tears. He really knew how much struggle those people suffered in past three years. The pains is still in life and won't be forgotten.

However he said, "even life is so hard, if you can always hold a grateful feeling and thank anything, anyone around you, the good thing will be happened. I believe that."

On the other hand, he truly got responses that people can get movement and strength from his skating, that encouraging himself to work hard to bring more good results back home. It is a good recycle with positive thinking as he always did - talk some but do more.

As a fan, we can continue rooting for him silently and maybe go to Karaoke stop to sing his cheering song for little donation.

firal

Record Breaker
It's lovely to see him, but the part where he visited the earthquake-affected area was really hard for me to watch. The narrator called him a sensitive person: he kept feeling guilty about "abandoning" those still in the area and getting special treatment because he is a skater, and he was very hesitant to visit before because he felt he was going to "step on their wounds". I think he was very emotional and fighting back his tears after talking to the seniors.

I didn't see this mention yet, but apparently they choreographed this R&J program right at this rink where he performed today. They also said that because they were trying to conserve energy, they only used the light source from outside through the ceiling.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
the 3A was so cool:cool: the host did a little bit of a :jaw: there msteach3 :laugh:
I hope we can see the whole thing from the beginning again one day. One day when he's super well rested and relaxed and had an easy sparse off season or something.

even though he's dripping with sweat he still looks good:eek::

Yes WoChair I also thought the same thing. It would be great to see him perform this program when not tired, with energy and no mistakes. That would be a true masterpiece. I also agree that even with all the sweat he looked so adorable. :love: Just want to squeeze him!!

Esopian

Final Flight
Every time Yuzu skates to R&J no.1, it's an emotional skate no doubt; including the Nice performance, at the World Championship gala, and then this one. It's always a kind of remembrance of what happened on March 11 and to me, it takes a lot of courage to jump a 3A right after he popped the first jump. :clap:

I've been lurking around this forum for a while ever since the new university semester started, but I'm really happy to watch the clip of Hanyu skating on 24hr TV. What was most touching was how he visited the areas that were affected the most after the earthquake and met the townspeople. On a lighter note, the screaming girls were really amusing to watch ;)

Can't wait for the new season to start!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

Edit to add: Yuzu's full segment on dailymotion
Thank you for the link. Lovely performance--such strength, speed, and grace at the same time. I particularly love his... what-d'you-call-it... intentionally travelled spin? sitting twizzle? R&J1 was such a perfect mix of drama and subtlety.

Esopian

Final Flight
I'm not sure if this was posted before, but I discovered a particularly interesting article translation: [link]

:laugh: It really got me laughing for some reason.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Thank you for the link. Lovely performance--such strength, speed, and grace at the same time. I particularly love his... what-d'you-call-it... intentionally travelled spin? sitting twizzle? R&J1 was such a perfect mix of drama and subtlety.

sit position twizzle according to the ice dance rules
twizzles are my favorite thing of his, especially this one. but the white legend one is everything (I don't even know what to call that one though, I feel like the name would be very long)

the mix of drama and subtlety is why I wanna see the whole thing again all three sections instead of 2/3 (I'm greedy, but also worried for him, which is why he must be well rested)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this was posted before, but I discovered a particularly interesting article translation: [link]

:laugh: It really got me laughing for some reason.

Really Great.
--and fair warning to anyone wanting to be his girlfriend. You must NOT be clingy, jealous, or fixated on things, and know that even if he likes you a lot he likes skating MUCH MORE.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Really Great.
--and fair warning to anyone wanting to be his girlfriend. You must NOT be clingy, jealous, or fixated on things, and know that even if he likes you a lot he likes skating MUCH MORE.
Sounds reasonable to me.

And he was really young back then- 2011. Lots can change.:)