Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 114 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yuzu’s reply to fan mail (Jan 2012) For more information, please visit:

http://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/97306518087/translation-yuzus-reply-to-fan-mail-jan-2012#notes

1) Letter from Yuzu to a fan in Hunan, China.
2) Stamp with ‘Yuzuru’ in kanji, plus wing and mushroom (how cute!!!)
3) Printed: “Thank you for your support. I hope you will support me this year too.” Handwritten: “Thank you! I will work hard for World Championship!!”
4) “This is a feather bookmark. Please use it if you like. Hanyu”
What a lovely reply to a fan!!! What a lucky fan!!! (This was the period after the earthquake where he personally replied every single fan mail he received.)

echotpe

On the Ice
【video】Johnny Weir talked about his work with Yuzu in R&J 2 costume.

Tonight, a Japan TV program introduced Johnny Weir’s design studio in New York. One of the guest presenters is Miyu Honda, a lovely skater in 10 years old. Johnny talked a few things about his work with Yuzu. The female tailor with him makes all costumes he designed, of course including Yuzu’s R&J 2 one.

Johnny recalled Yuzu gave him a dress code: the style of Johnny wearing in Vancouver Olympics. He designed three costumes, and Yuzu made the final decision.

Watch the Yuzu’s part from 37min 25sec.
炎の体育会TV 1_2 - 14 09 13

Ps.
Johnny also designs a new costume for Miyu. A beautiful yellow costume with sunshine image. The final result is in second video. Besides, Mui also visited Pchan in Torodo in second video. Enjoy all!
炎の体育会TV 2_2 - 14 09 13

@annca, thank your links. I updated my post since dailymotion interface is more friendly. ;)

annca

On the Ice
@echotpe, thank you for the info :)

here's another link if anyone is interested, the whole show was great :yes:

with johnnyhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25vq17_20140914-%E7%82%8E%E3%81%AE-miyu-part1_sport

*johnny mentioned that yuzuru has a perfect body, which is very slender
*the specific thing that yuzuru wanted on his costume was the color pink and green which i think he mentioned that was his goodluck colors
*the lady mentioned yuzuru is very cute and that he and yuzu are somewhat alike and he answered "no pants" (cause he was wearing shorts) lol!

with pchanhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25vq76_20140914-%E7%82%8E%E3%81%AE-miyu-part2_sport

* he was asked on what happened during olys, he knew he only needed to skate clean to win after yuzu but his nerves got to him but he was still happy for his results (2 silvers in olys)
* he mentioned that though yuzuru is young, he always makes an effort and his level of skating rises(improving?) rapidly.
* he also said that yuzuru is very modest and has a good personality

cr: pino :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
【video】Johnny Weir talked about his work with Yuzu in R&J 2 costume.

Tonight, a Japan TV program introduced Johnny Weir’s design studio in New York. One of the guest presenters is Miu Honda, a lovely skater in 10 years old. Johnny talked a few things about his work with Yuzu. The female tailor with him makes all costumes he designed, of course including Yuzu’s R&J 2 one.

Johnny recalled Yuzu gave him a dress code: the style of Johnny wearing in Vancouver Olympics. He designed three costumes, and Yuzu made the final decision.

Watch the Yuzu’s part from 26min 58sec.
炎の体育会TV 1_2 - 14 09 13

Ps.
Johnny also designs a new costume for Mui. A beautiful yellow costume with sunshine image. The final result is in second video. Besides, Mui also visited Pchan in Torodo in second video. Enjoy all!
炎の体育会TV 2_2 - 14 09 13

Three?? I wonder how the other costumes looked like :think:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
@echotpe, thank you for the info :)

here's another link if anyone is interested, the whole show was great :yes:

with johnnyhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25vq17_20140914-%E7%82%8E%E3%81%AE-miyu-part1_sport

*johnny mentioned that yuzuru has a perfect body, which is very slender
*the specific thing that yuzuru wanted on his costume was the color pink and green which i think he mentioned that was his goodluck colors
*the lady mentioned yuzuru is very cute and that he and yuzu are somewhat alike and he answered "no pants" (cause he was wearing shorts) lol!

with pchanhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25vq76_20140914-%E7%82%8E%E3%81%AE-miyu-part2_sport

* he was asked on what happened during olys, he knew he only needed to skate clean to win after yuzu but his nerves got to him but he was still happy for his results (2 silvers in olys)
* he mentioned that though yuzuru is young, he always makes an effort and his level of skating rises(improving?) rapidly.
* he also said that yuzuru is very modest and has a good personality

cr: pino :)

Oooh, I loved watching these! That little girl is super cute but after looking her up I'm kinda confused, is she not actually a figure skater?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Oooh, I loved watching these! That little girl is super cute but after looking her up I'm kinda confused, is she not actually a figure skater?

She is part of a high-profile family. 4 siblings who are all figure skaters and pretty good ones too. Miyu is both an actress and a figure skater.
She says she is going to pursue both for now.

AprilS

On the Ice
She is part of a high-profile family. 4 siblings who are all figure skaters and pretty good ones too. Miyu is both an actress and a figure skater.
She says she is going to pursue both for now.

Actually, there's five siblings; the oldest sister doesn't skate (apparently). ;)

SuzyQ

Medalist
Wow, that's a big family for Japan.

This is a TV program about Honda sisters, a bit long one, but if you are interested.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25wujg_913-本田姉妹特集_sport

The funniest thing is, their father finally started learning figure skating following their children :biggrin:

World Figure Skating 65 is released.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4403310893/?tag=a8-affi-5852-22

One article interested me was what Keiji Tanaka said at the Yukata party this summer, where Yuzuru, Ryuju, and himself had joined together.

"When getting tired, Yuzuru becomes hyper and most noisy of the three. Ryuju is always flat and calm. I myself become depressed."

When Yuzuru is too talkative, it might be a sign of fatigue :think:

I have pre-ordered Yuzuru's photobook too. Same here, guys. I would be broke sooner or later :p

annca

On the Ice

:agree: it was lovely (even though i kinda winced a little when they showed yuzu's fall at olys lol), the whole show was quite enjoyable :yes:
miyu is very lovely, and as what others have said, she's an actress and a skater. i remember her going to plushy's home before and plushy gave her an advice about choosing if she wanted to be an actress or a skater to be able to focus entirely on one of them.

One article interested me was what Keiji Tanaka said at the Yukata party this summer, where Yuzuru, Ryuju, and himself had joined together.

"When getting tired, Yuzuru becomes hyper and most noisy of the three. Ryuju is always flat and calm. I myself become depressed."

thank you for the info @SuzyQ :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 664-667

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx6dqNYpjKY

a psychedelic clip and a fantastic soundtrack

if they could yuzu'd look like this

If you guys REALLY wanted Yuzu's stamp collection and have enough money to spare CDJapan could purchase it for you. It's quite expensive though because there will be a service charge and shipping is by EMS only.

Here's the link for their special request page. cdjapan

Another article translated, this time interviewed Plushenko on the topic of Yuzu:[link]
Plus another interview from the same translator (with Javier Fernandez).

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFS_JP/status/509952427382956032/photo/1 javi

http://www.nikkan-gendai.com/articles/view/sports/153237
article about akiko suzuki
she mentioned yuzuru's advise on how to deal with the crowd that was chanting "russia, russia" tremendously during sochi games.

*from what i understood, she was worried at the crowd cheering loudly for russia and thought that they were totally "away". yuzuru was the first to skate among the team and asked him on what to do, he then chanted "hanyu, hanyu" just like how the crowd cheered "russia, russia"= to think that the cheers were for her.

Just an addition, Akko (who's Team captain) thinks that being the first to perform for TJ in such an environment, Yuzu is under so much pressure and yet was able to prepare and perform well. She asked Yuzu for advice on how it was to help them who will perform after him. She was concerned with the Russian crowds intense cheering even if the one skating aren't Russian and though it's understandable she felt it was a disadvantage. It felt like being on an "away - match" in soccer terms, meaning they don't have the home advantage.

Yuzu said that they should be careful because the loud cheering prevents them from hearing the announcement before and after the skates as well as the trainers/choreo/coaches instructions. So she asked what they should do, and he answered that they should imagine that the "Russia call" is the crowd cheering for them. In this case, Yuzu laughingly said "Hanyu, Hanyu". Akko's not sure if he was kidding or not, but she can't fit Hanyu & Russia in her head. But laughing made them relax/calm down a bit.

She said that Yuzu has a strong mentality and is concerned for others as well.

It appear that this series will have a continuation although I think it's more of Akko's experience so we might hear stories about other TJ members.

Professional photographer Noto-san is publishing Yuzuru Photobook on Oct 24. First print comes with an A4 poster. Noto-san was Yuzu's dad's student.

A photo album will be released on Oct/24. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087807436/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_awdl_0YKeub0XS8NYN

Photographer is Sunao Noto 能登直 , who has been taking photos of him for a long time. More ways to spend your money before the GP season starts!

Edit to say: Haha Smasma, you are so quick!

Noto-san tweeted this and this.

In his first tweet, he said he hasn't chosen the cover picture yet. He also said all the pictures in the photobook are in poster format and those that he never published before and the size is a little bit smaller than A2.

In his second tweet, he said he has provided those pictures he took from Finlandia to Sendai TV station. The station made those posters for NHK Trophy. He has those posters on display in his office now and it will be displayed in subway stations as well.

Yuzu’s reply to fan mail (Jan 2012) For more information, please visit:

http://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/97306518087/translation-yuzus-reply-to-fan-mail-jan-2012#notes

videoJohnny Weir talked about his work with Yuzu in R&J 2 costume.

Tonight, a Japan TV program introduced Johnny Weir’s design studio in New York. One of the guest presenters is Miyu Honda, a lovely skater in 10 years old. Johnny talked a few things about his work with Yuzu. The female tailor with him makes all costumes he designed, of course including Yuzu’s R&J 2 one.

Watch the Yuzu’s part from 37min 25sec.
炎の体育会TV 1_2 - 14 09 13

Ps.
Johnny also designs a new costume for Miyu. A beautiful yellow costume with sunshine image. The final result is in second video. Besides, Mui also visited Pchan in Torodo in second video. Enjoy all!
炎の体育会TV 2_2 - 14 09 13

smasma

On the Ice

That's a very interesting piece of information. Never thought of fatigue = talkative! Yuzu is very very special indeed! :rofl:

nekosan

Spectator

SuzyQ

Medalist
Hi, this lip-reading show is very revealing:yay:

Let me add something...
After his skate he said "It was fun!", and then again "It was fun!" to the stands.
In the flower ceremony, he actually said "Ahh, there are a lot (of audience)!" *Words in the brackets were added by the lip-readers.

As other bloggers say, and I think the same, the last words are surely "Olympic-da !" - It's (really) Olympics !

We are sure the professional lip-readers have made a mistake :biggrin: