Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is he only trying 4S? Because I've never heard about his 4T
Some skaters find it more comfortable with a certain jump, like Javi who is very comfortable with the 4S but his 4T is not as much. I think Nam might be the same. His 4S is still big UR and not high enough, though.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Well if he feels more comfortable with his 4S it's better for him since it's worth more points than the 4T

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I don't see why he shouldn't put it in program. I think if they will start from 1 quad in LP next season and no quad in SP it will work well to get used to it

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I don't see why he shouldn't put it in program. I think if they will start from 1 quad in LP next season and no quad in SP it will work well to get used to it

Yes but he needs to land it constantly before adding it to the program and I don't think that's his case, so that's why I don't see him put it next season

jimeonji

Final Flight
not to be a bummer or anything... but it actually looks like a triple.. i dunno..
Lol yeah because its really underrotated and his rotation is really fast and he has small jumps. Not sure if he can pull off quads with those small jumps, but we'll see lol.

Esopian

Final Flight
LOL, I did not made them. I don't have the time to make fan vids. It's from the Yuzu's DVD, I ripped my copy.

Thank you for the videos, they're greatly appreciated by those who didn't buy 'Time of Awakening'. :clap:

Darjaille

Rinkside

skatefan22

Medalist
It goes like this
(At the Sochi post-victory celebration/meeting: The pressure at Sochi):
Q: Is the pressure/nervousness during performance different?
Y: It's like at a wedding reception!

..is there something weird about being at a wedding reception?:confused::laugh:

Thanks for the translation!
— guess Yuzu feels that he was as nervous as a groom at wedding reception?

unico

Final Flight
What Yuzu replied to the question seems to be quite funny. Did he mention something like wedding? Could someone translate please? :love:
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4421c8f1jw1eirv7ljrklj20hs0i1acl.jpg

If I remember the context correctly, it was a post-Olympics press conference thing with a huge crowd of reporters/photographers and he said "I feel way more nervous right now than I was during my FS" (今ものすごく(ソチでの)フリーよりも緊張しています).

I can't find the exact clip that is shown in the picture, but I think he's still talking about the huge crowd at that press-con.

Q: Do you have a different type of nervousness from the one during your performances?
A: It feels like (my) wedding reception lol

skatefan22

Medalist
If I remember the context correctly, it was a post-Olympics press conference thing with a huge crowd of reporters/photographers and he said "I feel way more nervous right now than I was during my FS".

Q: Do you have a different type of nervousness from the one during your performances?

Thank you, shingalas! The kid has nice imagination~ (reminding me of his joke of pregnant woman at ice show) :yes:

unico

Final Flight
Thank you, shingalas! The kid has nice imagination~ (reminding me of his joke of pregnant woman at ice show) :yes:

This is the same press-con where when they started to play his free he was like "Thank you so much" and began to leave. And then, the famous "please fast-forward". His jokes are so lame that they're funny LOL

skatefan22

Medalist
This is the same press-con where when they started to play his free he was like "Thank you so much" and began to leave. And then, the famous "please fast-forward". His jokes are so lame that they're funny LOL

Yep, that part is hilarious. :laugh:

Darjaille

Rinkside
If I remember the context correctly, it was a post-Olympics press conference thing with a huge crowd of reporters/photographers and he said "I feel way more nervous right now than I was during my FS" (今ものすごく(ソチでの)フリーよりも緊張しています).

I can't find the exact clip that is shown in the picture, but I think he's still talking about the huge crowd at that press-con.

Thank you! That context sure makes more sense:laugh:
Those jokes are a part of his charm, it makes him seem younger/his age, and how he loathes losing/failing at something:) Then he turns on the serious mode and that one is admirable as well. I think there was this interview/talkshow where they were bringing out various (terrible) data and he took it graciously and answered very wisely :clap:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Omg I didn't know about that, this kid really :laugh: