Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
As long as he like the music, I am sure he can show strong performance. They said he intended to chose the music for last season but David Wilson chose Romeo for him.
I think he will do his best, show the world his ability to feel the music when it's his favourite music.

Anyways, in the video he said: "Yuzuru Hanyu of the coming season and of the last season are completely different, I want to win as the Yuzuru Hanyu of this year."

Well-said, he doesn't want people to compare him of last season to the next season. It seems he wants a new begining.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
speculated layout of jumps:

4S
4T
3F

4T+2T
3A+3T
3A
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3Lo

That would be insane, but if he is planning a similar layout, he would most likely forgo the 3F and go for a solo 3Lz instead since its worth more and taking the the new edge rules into consideration.

I was looking forward to something fun and upbeat but :popcorn: all the same. Not sure how I feel about possible lyrics though.

darazam

On the Ice
For your reference: Kana chose the "think of me" part of POTO.

Her performance in The ICE 2014 in July:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHD-LKGBjs

Kana performed her new EX at The ICE. She will portray Phantom in her FS (so basically she has 2 POTO programs this season).

That would be insane, but if he is planning a similar layout, he would most likely forgo the 3F and go for a solo 3Lz instead since its worth more and taking the the new edge rules into consideration.

He already has two 4T and two 3A in his layout, so he can't repeat other triples.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
As long as he like the music, I am sure he can show strong performance. They said he intended to chose the music for last season but David Wilson chose Romeo for him.
I think he will do his best, show the world his ability to feel the music when it's his favourite music.

Anyways, in the video he said: "Yuzuru Hanyu of the coming season and of the last season are completely different, I want to win as the Yuzuru Hanyu of this year."

Well-said, he doesn't want people to compare him of last season to the next season. It seems he wants a new begining.
Very nice post :agree: I'm still worried about the layout but I'll wait to see how that works

Darjaille

Rinkside
It came!!:love:

At first I thought "Phantom....?" BUT, I mean, even if there's many POTO this year (and always), don't you wanna see how Yuzu skates it? I absolutely know his is gonna be the most beautiful and charming.....
if he doesn't kill himself. But since it's not Olympic or pre-Olympic season, although he could relax more, he probably thinks since it's not such an important season, he can try out the crazy jump layout. You can't tell this boy to stop, so I will just pray for no injuries:rolleye: If he can do it, I wonder if we may see another world record, with LP stepping over 200 and the overall score over 300 points! (I've heard that scores will go down this season, but if he skates beautifully and clean both?)

And 4Loop is such a pretty jump still:love:

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty

I was looking forward to something fun and upbeat but :popcorn: all the same. Not sure how I feel about possible lyrics though.

If this succeeds, then Yuzuru will set the world record with over 300 points total.. oh man.... the god of figure skating

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It came!!:love:

At first I thought "Phantom....?" BUT, I mean, even if there's many POTO this year (and always), don't you wanna see how Yuzu skates it? I absolutely know his is gonna be the most beautiful and charming.....
if he doesn't kill himself. But since it's not Olympic or pre-Olympic season, although he could relax more, he probably thinks since it's not such an important season, he can try out the crazy jump layout. You can't tell this boy to stop, so I will just pray for no injuries:rolleye: If he can do it, I wonder if we may see another world record, with LP stepping over 200 and the overall score over 300 points! (I've heard that scores will go down this season, but if he skates beautifully and clean both?)

And 4Loop is such a pretty jump still:love:

This is pretty much my thought process too...surely Yuzuru & his team know what they're doing. I don't really mind the music as much as some other warhorses. I just hope he gets an amazing costume and sells the hell out of it (which I'm sure he will).

Darjaille

Rinkside
I translated Yuzu's own words from this video: 

I don't want to go with me who is the same as last year, that was clearly decided
*So I just want to go with things that I can properly/reliably do / I want to solidly do things I can do

From since I was very small I wanted to do it [skate to Phantom of the Opera], but the biggest cue that happened was
in junior high school (7-9grade) I had opportunity to watch Phantom of the Opera
At that time, I though I want to skate to this song for sure.

To say, because I won the Olympics, I can win everything next year as well, it's not like that so,
last year's me and next year's me will be totally different and so...
really, this year's me wants to go on to win being this year's me.

I cursive'd that one because.... Well, I hope the 4S of last years, and 3 quads in LP, and a quad in second half of SP are something you can reliably do, Yuzu:laugh: Well, he challenges and believes in himself, so I can do that too;)

unico

Final Flight
The thing about warhorses like POTO, is that they have the potential to be so incredibly unremarkable (99% of the cases), or they can achieve something epic. Akiko Suzuki's POTO program from last year was effervescent and absolutely joyful.

Shae-lynn Bourne, doesn't usually seem to default to the warhorses, so I feel like it had to be chosen for a reason, like maybe she felt that she had a unique perspective to give to it. And Orser mentioned that Hanyu was too young to be pigeon-holed into a certain type of program.... Soooo basically I'm both cautiously optimistic:)cool:) and petrified:)eek:)

We only have to wait, what, 2 months until Finlandia LOL

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I tell you what... it is not nice there are so many phantom music this season ... but

I really wanted him to skate to Phantom :party::laugh:

This music is great for him to improve expression

and... he is jumping those quads in practice already like machine :clap: excited about layout, Yuzuru is crazy

you should be better worried about costume now ! :rofl:

maybe like that ? https://d1j2diro5xke84.cloudfront.n...s/403/original/alg_johnny_weir.jpg?1295587495
What you think Meoima ?:rofl:

annca

On the Ice
i'll be optimistic this time... coz werent there a similar discussion last year about yuzu with regards to him choosing romeo and juliet which is actually also pretty common?

i remember reading pretty much the same reactions right now on how dissapointed they were with his choice but then again look what that program got him:).

sure, the skaters who chose r&j last year were'nt as many as the one he chose right now but, its the same as

my plea now----> NO weir designed costume please!!

Lambari

Final Flight
Shae-lynn Bourne, doesn't usually seem to default to the warhorses, so I feel like it had to be chosen for a reason, like maybe she felt that she had a unique perspective to give to it. [/B]And Orser mentioned that Hanyu was too young to be pigeon-holed into a certain type of program.... Soooo basically I'm both cautiously optimistic:)cool:) and petrified :)eek:)

It was him who choosed the music. He suggested the song for his LP in 2012, but David Wilson thought that it doesn't suit him so they decided to not use it. Now he got his wish.

i remember reading pretty much the same reactions right now on how dissapointed they were with his choice but then again look what that program got him:).

I think the program that got him the most was PW. I don't think the last R&J did wonders for him or was really memorable. Only if you're talking score wise, but this is a matter of his jump layout.

Darjaille

Rinkside
This is the worst Phantom costume I could find. As long as Yuzuru's isn't worse:laugh: I like Weir costumes though:eek::

He may go with a b/w one as that seems to be a common theme for Phantom of the Opera, and with addition to the b/w SP costume... well, isn't b/w all Yuzuru wears out of competitions?:biggrin: I think it suits him, but someone may think that boring..?

unico

Final Flight
It was him who choosed the music. He suggested the song for his LP in 2012, but David Wilson thought that it doesn't suit him so they decided to not use it. Now he got his wish.

From my understanding, I really don't think choreography at the elite level works like this. Even if he and Wilson decided back in 2012 not to use POTO, that has no bearing on Bourne's decision to choreograph a POTO program. Choreographers come to skaters with selections of music that they have ideas for and the skater picks among the choices, I dont think a skater can just request specific music from a choreographer (especially one that they have no work history with). Most likely Bourne offered him different choices of programs, and one of them happened to be POTO, so he took it.

Of course, it's not like I know anything. My guess is as good as anyone's!

EDIT: Both Mura and Hanyu are skating at NHK, prepare for the POTO quad showdown! Potentially even back-to-back! :rofl:

annca

On the Ice
From my understanding, I really don't think choreography at the elite level works like this. Even if he and Wilson decided back in 2012 not to use POTO, that has no bearing on Bourne's decision to choreograph a POTO program. Choreographers come to skaters with selections of music that they have ideas for and the skater picks among the choices, I dont think a skater can just request specific music from a choreographer (especially one that you have no work history with). Most likely Bourne offered him different choices of programs, and one of them happened to be POTO, so he took it.

Of course, it's not like I know anything. My guess is as good as anyone's!

i think so too... my guess.. i think bourne was the only one who offered him that program hence the choreographer change. or yuzu told team borser that he wanted to skate to it and bourne was the one who agreed to choreo it and came up with the cuts beforehand.

I think the program that got him the most was PW. I don't think the last R&J did wonders for him or was really memorable. Only if you're talking score wise, but this is a matter of his jump layout.

pw did wonders but r&j 2.0 is the program that saved him from worlds, and have you seen his gpf performance? i wouldnt mention it if that performance wasnt memorable :) but thats just my opinion tho haha

the jump layout is pretty much designed to suit his music right? and at the end of the day, his execution/performance of the program is what counts ( though a good choice of music adds a very nice touch :)) thus my reason.

so i'll still try to be optimistic here haha.. i'll just wait until i see his program before i comment on it :).