Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

ayarose

On the Ice
lol cute, wonder if both of them are in Sendai? Where is Hino from? Is it near Sendai?

Hino is from Tokyo but now trains in Nagoya at ChukyoDaigaku.

Maybe the theme is more accurate to be translated as“little locus, large miracle”.キセキ in Janpanese has two different meanings as locus(軌跡) and miracle(奇蹟).:confused:How do you think?

I think 「小さなキセキ、大きなキセキ」is more of "a small miracle, a big miracle", that it doesn't really matter if it's a big miracle or a small miracle they both made differences in someone's life. A small miracle for some may be considered a big miracle to the person experiencing it. I've also read/seen somewhere that Yuzu said he's skating to R&Jv1 because that season was a miracle for him. He experienced the disaster, lost his rink, traveled around to have skating time, skating injured and yet he capped it off with a bronze medal at the World's in his first appearance.

軌跡 for me is more of a person's chosen path or track, locus on the other hand pertains to a location/place/point. I'm not Japanese though, so I'm only basing it on what I know.

Thanks, smasma! What a creative instagram u/n he has :laugh:

it used to be namskating, i wonder why he change to namnamnoodle?

darazam

On the Ice

Meoima

Match Penalty
Totally vain sidenote, but Yuzu (or maybe his mom :laugh:) has really good taste in ties. I remember a purple diamond one he had was especially nice... :think:
Anyone tell me why the sleeves are still too long for his arms? It still looks like he is wearing his dad's vest.

jace93

On the Ice
Anyone tell me why the sleeves are still too long for his arms? It still looks like he is wearing his dad's vest.

I think that's just how he likes it... if you see in many photo were he is wearing casual clothes he tends to have sweatshirt and jackets a size or two bigger that always cover his hands

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I think that's just how he likes it... if you see in many photo were he is wearing casual clothes he tends to have sweatshirt and jackets a size or two bigger that always cover his hands

At this point I also think he just likes it that way. Weird style, but Yuzuru's style ;)

darazam

On the Ice
He says he wants to succeed 3A in competitions when he is still a junior high student just like Yuzuru did :yes:
Go for it, boy :clap:

I hope he'll succeed, I really liked his performances at JGP! His exhibition costume reminded me of Hana ni Nare a bit.
Speaking of costumes, don't you think his FS outfit looks similar to outfit of one of Yuzuru's favourite skaters? :laugh:

Wow, so hard-core. :laugh:

Indeed! Apparently Yuzuru LINE-d to KIM asking if it would be okay to nominate him. And it was at 5 am, luckily KIM wasn't asleep yet cause he had just got home after rehearsal :biggrin:

smasma

On the Ice

It seems to me that he has been wearing the same suit as before, so that's why there has been no change on the length of the sleeves. :biggrin:

Indeed! Apparently Yuzuru LINE-d to KIM asking if it would be okay to nominate him. And it was at 5 am, luckily KIM wasn't asleep yet cause he had just got home after rehearsal :biggrin:

Oh really? That is sooo nice and considerate of him to do that. :agree:

Lambari

Final Flight
The cut of the music is almost if not the same? :laugh:

Almost the same, until 4:04. I thought the program would end there because Yuzuru lol But there was another part. Notice how the placement of the jumps and spins are pratically the same, that step sequence 1:55 , that fierce moment at 3:28, even the hand movement at 3:01 after the ina bauer, in this case a spread eagle. But my favourite is 4:25 :rock: R&J Yuzuru Hanyu greatest hits.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
ut my favourite is 4:25 R&J Yuzuru Hanyu greatest hits.
lolz

It seem like Yuzuru has landed already 4 types of quads

Not only has Nguyen benefitted from training alongside an Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu and a European champion Javier Fernandez, with high style and quad jumps peppering the practice sessions in Toronto, but the 16-year-old found himself invited to a skating show in Japan in early summer with some of the best skaters in the world.

There was Nguyen, 2014 world junior champion, world championship competitor, on the same ice with Stephane Lambiel, Daisuke Takahashi, Nobunari Oda and his training mate Yuzuru Hanyu, the reigning Olympic champion. “It’s humbling, but it’s good for him,” said coach Brian Orser.

“It was amazing,” Nguyen said. “The rink was really small and that didn’t really stop any of them doing quad toes. It was crazy. And Yuzu was just on fire. ” With Nguyen watching, Hanyu did a quad Salchow, a quad toe loop, a quad loop. And he landed a quad Lutz right in front of Nguyen. “It was pretty cool,” Nguyen said.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I have feeling that Yuzuru will be able to do that quad axel in future. His axel is so natural that when he will get physically strong enough I think it will be possible for him ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Maybe that quad Lutz is the 2 foot landing that Nathalie Péchalat tweeted once? Or it's a perfect landing one? :think: