Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
My money is on his putting a 4A into his LP in the next Olympics season. But I also believe that he can successfully land all types of quads before his retirement. As to whether or not he'll put those quads into his programs is another story.

He has overal abilities and talent to land other quads in competitions, because possibility of it just drives him, he is not scared of doing quads. I think it is matter of him getting physical strength now. He is already handling quad loop quite nicely, so we will see how things will develop.

pooh91

Rinkside
Do we know how old he is? I tried looking him up but couldn't find anything. It's so strange to see all these guys come up from Jrs and they all look older than Yuzuru. And I hate to say it but if this guy is one of France's most promising young skaters then hm :unsure:

His ISU bio says his birthday is in May 1997. So he's 17 already. I have to agree with you on that :think:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
His ISU bio says his birthday is in May 1997. So he's 17 already. I have to agree with you on that :think:

lol he really did himself no favors skating to that music because all I did was compare him to Yuzu's 2012 Worlds performance XD But I might look up another skate of his to see if he's better cause he seemed super nervous.

pooh91

Rinkside
lol he really did himself no favors skating to that music because all I did was compare him to Yuzu's 2012 Worlds performance XD But I might look up another skate of his to see if he's better cause he seemed super nervous.

I checked out some other performances. I really think its more like he couldn't keep up with the program here. I think he himself too had that image of Yuzu on his mind and tried to copy that (at least it looked like that to me). Well he has good speed and his spins and height on jumps seem fine to me but his jumps :unsure:. In this competiton he seemed to be more inconsistent with his jumps though so it really might be his nerves (mabye because he actually trains in Courchevel or simply because its the first competition this season). He's not all that bad but I don't like his style (that's just my personal taste). He still got a long way ahead of him.

This program just isn't for him. No avoidance of comparison between the two. 2012 Worlds performance was so spectacular in my opinion so it's already on most of our minds (especially as his fans) and it's way too similar not to compare. The gap between them just makes it look he is worse than he really is.

I'm not really one to judge him though since I lack alot of knowledge still.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
This program just isn't for him. No avoidance of comparison between the two. 2012 Worlds performance was so spectacular in my opinion so it's already on most of our minds (especially as his fans) and it's way too similar not to compare. The gap between them just makes it look he is worse than he really is.

Ya, I've looked him up a bit more too and he has potential, it's mainly his jumps where he falters. Like you I can't judge for sure though since I don't have a lot of the knowledge either.

I've realized that I compare Jr skaters to Yuzu a lot cause he's the same age range but in retrospect that's actually super unfair XD

Lambari

Final Flight
WOOOOOOWWW that was surprising. I can't help but expect yuzuru's choreography whenever i hear this though. So it was funny when he started I was expecting it to be that circle loop that yuzuru does haha

But his beginning is extremely similar though, the arms up, he changed the position but they are still there, then the circle. With Yuzuru the circle is more evident because he did it *furiously* :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks for the video links of the Kozuki sports awarding ceremonies. As a fan auntie, I am always proud and happy to see Yuzuru receive an award. I was also happy to see Kenzo Shirai, another Japanese teen sporting phenom, in the same occasion. To me, Kenzo's signature quadruple twist in his floor exercise is every bit as exciting and awesome as Yuzuru's quadruple jumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevKut6Ylro. Lovely smile too. :)

Here is Japan's next generation ace, Sota Yamamoto (14). His idol is of course Yuzuru :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzaaiPR9w-U

He says he wants to succeed 3A in competitions when he is still a junior high student just like Yuzuru did :yes:

Go for it, boy :clap:

I have watched Sota's career with interest ever since I read that he's been tagged as "little Yuzuru" in the same way Shoma has been described as "miniDai." I think Machiko Yamada has even commented that Sota may possibly be even more talented than Yuzuru (!?!). Anyway, I hope that both Sota and Shoma will progress at their own pace without being crushed by the burden of expectations of others. If both of them realize their promise, then Japan will have another golden era of men's figure skating following Daisuke and Yuzuru.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
To me, Kenzo's signature quadruple twist in his floor exercise is every bit as exciting and awesome as Yuzuru's quadruple jumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OevKut6Ylro. Lovely smile too. :)
:thumbsup::yay:
Sota is adorable I'm rooting for him too. There's something in his skating I like.
It's also adorable all these kids fanboying over Yuzu. Especially since Yuzu was(is) such a fanboy himself.