Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Wo|flax

Final Flight
I was mostly kidding; maybe a little bit projecting :eek:: :laugh: but they totally could have focused with his eyes :p

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
yeah zooming in on his lips is not creepy at all:unsure:

:rofl: :rofl:

This may sound weird but he has like the exact same lips as me :unsure: Like it kind of freaks me out, I should do a comparison. Bet you couldn't say who's was who's.

eta: Kohei Uchimura (10:44) has some cute eyes wowie :love:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Gif of Yuzu getting bored at the ceremony:

"Yuzu and Kana secretly exchange an eye contact: yep, it is bored. "

The first one :laugh: That's how I probably looked during school announcements each morning :p

He said "I like Shirara (maybe a brand name)"
It made her buy that. A great salesman, Yuzuru :laugh:

I think shirara umeboshi are these one specific pickled plums that are coated in honey :yes: Good to know he can become a salesman later on in life :laugh:

SuzyQ

Medalist
I think shirara umeboshi are these one specific pickled plums that are coated in honey :yes: Good to know he can become a salesman later on in life :laugh:

Oh, you know very well :eek:

I like 5% salt umeboshi. It's not too salty or too sour, but it needs to be kept in the fridge :p

And, thank you @darazam !

You made me notice Sota's FS has been uploaded. It had not been up when I first checked SP due to streaming error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLIlygqsOFM

Yes, his costume is exactly the image of that of JW :laugh:

I like this music "Lorelei"

echotpe

On the Ice
【txt/audio】Yuzu made a wonderful appreciation speech in Kozuki Sports Awards

video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwxOGAKVJA&feature=youtu.be&t=7m39s
text/audio: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s63jv8

Above is the full text in Japanese and audio download of Yuzu’s speech on August 25. It's a very wonderful speech he made so far. The content was truly reflected his long-term image I admired: humility, gratitude, determination and hard work.

He made this appreciation speech on behave all athletes with deep and powerful tone. I draftly translated the last part as following:

"Sport is very cruel. Not the hardest worker will be able to get the best results. However, if you don't work hard, you could never get succeeded. In order to get best results, we (athletes) continue having the feelings of gratitude and devote ourselves every day in future."

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
【txt/audio】Yuzu made a wonderful appreciation speech in Kozuki Sports Awards

video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwxOGAKVJA&feature=youtu.be&t=7m39s
text/audio: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s63jv8
e last part as following:

"Sport is very cruel. Not the hardest worker will be able to get the best results. However, if you don't work hard, you could never get succeeded. In order to get best results, we (athletes) continue having the feelings of gratitude and devoted ourselves every day in future."

Sounds like it was a very nice speach. Will like to read a correct translation since google tends to change a lot.

darazam

On the Ice
The interview Yuzuru gave in Toronto has been translated by Tumblr user @311mi. Read it here.
@311mi thank you so much!
I hope someone would check this translation, cause it's once again from Chinese, not directly from Japanese, and as far as I can tell some parts of it are bit different from what Yuzuru really said in Japanese :rolleye:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I hope someone would check this translation, cause it's once again from Chinese, not directly from Japanese, and as far as I can tell some parts of it are bit different from what Yuzuru really said in Japanese :rolleye:
That would have been awesome.:yes:

Geo1

On the Ice
Anyone tell me why the sleeves are still too long for his arms? It still looks like he is wearing his dad's vest.
I have seen videos of Yuzuru when he was younger wearing suits with shorter sleeves showing a bit of his shirt cuff, so I am sure that he is aware of the "proper" sleeve length for suits. I think that he just likes longer sleeves. I am a lawyer and wear suits all the time and have had a number of young Japanese men as clients. I noticed that a lot of them like to wear their sleeves long. I don't know whether that's a fashion amongst young Japanese men or they just don't care about sleeve lengths.

unico

Final Flight
Hello Geo1!

Long sleeves like Hanyu's are called "moe sode", it's kind of a cute thing associated especially with schoolgirls (but not limited to them). Hanyu's sleeve length is very popular among fans, here's a google search to browse through. As someone who self-proclaims that he doesn't care about fashion, I'm guessing he just doesn't get his suits tailored/professionally done. :)

Kalina

On the Ice
As someone who self-proclaims that he doesn't care about fashion, I'm guessing he just doesn't get his suits tailored/professionally done. :)

:) He got at least one suit tailored -- the one he wore to the Emperor's garden party. I remember it because I happened upon an article about how his mom took the measurements and chose the fabrics, then called the tailor... (something like that). But the moe sleeves were still there. I think he just likes it, he often brings his sleeves down to cover his hands whatever he wears -- jackets, hoodies, etc.
He also has that habit of bringing his collar up straight, to cover up all of his neck.

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
I don't think Yuzu has time go go clothes shopping or even has a personal stylist. There are very few athletes in japan that have proffessional stylists as far as I am concerned. If you have one as an athlete it is a bit of a spoilt? thing. i have never seen or heard an athelte talk about their personal stylist. I have seen a korean athlete who has a stylist though (kim yuna).

Bonesfan

On the Ice

Yes, I'm hoping someone will check. Japanese => Chinese => English, some room for errors? I questioned the "things outside of skating that I detest" (HUH?) on another forum.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
:) I think he just likes it, he often brings his sleeves down to cover his hands whatever he wears -- jackets, hoodies, etc.
He also has that habit of bringing his collar up straight, to cover up all of his neck.

Maybe because he thinks his arms and neck are too skinny? I don't think so though...he's adorable just as he is. ;)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Yes, I'm hoping someone will check. Japanese => Chinese => English, some room for errors? I questioned the "things outside of skating that I detest" (HUH?) on another forum.

I was thinking exactly the same. Did he say that in the original translation ? I found it weird :think: