Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

nekosan

Spectator
Ah, somebody has already mentioned about the translation on this thread? Sorry, It always took me a long time to write in English.
As you say, Yuzuru didn't warn or challenge anybody. He just said (in the same interview or somewhere else) this coming season is very important because now that he has to skate as an olympic champion. The last line "I want to win everything (every competition)" he said it as his true feeling of a skater.

Lambari

Final Flight
Ok, so now I'm thinking a bit. Seeing the date of the Mao CM with the red dress, it was made in january, most probably for the Olympics. But the season starts well BEFORE, so maybe they used her dress that was already shown to the public in her previous peformances and turned red by photoshop or they made another smilar dress but red. Then the pulic would recognize the dress. This is not the case for Yuzuru since only one of his costumes was revealed it has nothing to do with the costume at the CM. So what I'm trying to say is: Let's not think too much because my money is on him coming with a downright WEIR outfit, catching all of us offguard and making us spit on our water :laugh: Of course this is not what I want but there's so much atrocity possibilities for a POTO costume, let's be prepeared for the worst and expect the best :biggrin:

nekosan

Spectator
What do they ask/ tell him on 7:03 when he makes that funny grin on 7:08 and sorta says "yeah!"??? That was so cute and funny.:biggrin: I want gif of that. :love:

The interviewer asked if there is someone (particularly some actresses) to work with next time (another CM)?
So he grinned and took time sounding "Yeaaahh..." to say "I am (only) a skater so I have no idea, only being together with these two people is making me so happy. ... Anyone would make me happy." Charming, he is very kind to the young girls.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Like three different angles of the box-opening have been posted and each time I laugh so freaking hard :rofl:

sajoya

On the Ice
I think everyone shouldn't expect too much. Let's all imagine the most Weir-ish costume of all, just so we don't get too disappointed in the end if it does turn out to be... ya know. But hey, on the bright side if it's actually better than what we imagined, then we'll be relieved. Soooo relieved. That's a good feeling yo :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist
Ok, so now I'm thinking a bit. Seeing the date of the Mao CM with the red dress, it was made in january, most probably for the Olympics. But the season starts well BEFORE, so maybe they used her dress that was already shown to the public in her previous peformances and turned red by photoshop or they made another smilar dress but red. Then the pulic would recognize the dress. This is not the case for Yuzuru since only one of his costumes was revealed it has nothing to do with the costume at the CM. So what I'm trying to say is: Let's not think too much because my money is on him coming with a downright WEIR outfit, catching all of us offguard and making us spit on our water :laugh: Of course this is not what I want but there's so much atrocity possibilities for a POTO costume, let's be prepeared for the worst and expect the best :biggrin:

Mao's CM actually started airing on October 20th, 2013 according to this CM making video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1dRo3rR5pc
And we can see her dress is red for real.
But Mao must have debuted her SP dress at Skate America on October 18th.
I don't know if this will help or ruin your theory, but yes, let's hope for the worst of the Weir-ish and expect the best of the Weir-ish :)

annca

On the Ice
thanks for the updates everyone :)

regarding the costume... so many possibilities... maybe it'll be the same as the costume on the cm or maybe a different color? maybe it will turn out with black top then red pants/bottom :laugh:

A comment below talked about the translation:
This article does not reflect accurately what Yuzuru Hanyu actually said.He did not “warn” his rivals that his results from last season were not a fluke, nor did he say “As Olympic champion I WANT PEOPLE TO REALISE that my gold medals were no coincidence — I won them because of my ability.”Rather he said that coming into this season as the Sochi Olympic champion, he HOPES TO SKATE IN A WAY THAT CAN CONVINCE EVERYBODY last season was no fluke and that the results were a true reflection of his abilities.In other words, he was just talking about what kind of performance he hopes to have this season, and not gloating or goading, as this article or its title would suggest.I just wanted to make the distinction clear, so that this skater does not come across as an arrogant young man. Yuzuru Hanyu always shows a great deal of respect towards his competitors and skating fans, and is careful in the way he expresses himself.Please be more thorough in how you translate the original words.

thank you for the clarification

Sorrento

Record Breaker
The interviewer asked if there is someone (particularly some actresses) to work with next time (another CM)?
So he grinned and took time sounding "Yeaaahh..." to say "I am (only) a skater so I have no idea, only being together with these two people is making me so happy. ... Anyone would make me happy." Charming, he is very kind to the young girls.
Thank you so much for translation!:agree:
He said "people" not "ladies/girls"? :confused: Why haven't he mentioned his favorite actresses though?:biggrin: Well if anyone- why not bring Mr. Pooh? We miss him already!:laugh:
"I am (only) a skater."- That just reminded me of a little thing they had on Fashion TV years ago with a girl who used to say smth like "I'm just a model."

When he is 20 we need an Armani or luxury car brand advertising in a Bond style:
-And who are you?
-Hanyu. Yuzuru Hanyu.:biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
regarding the costume... so many possibilities... maybe it'll be the same as the costume on the cm or maybe a different color? maybe it will turn out with black top then red pants/bottom :laugh:
What bottom do you mean- bum?:biggrin:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
You're welcome, Sorrento. And yes, I would have guessed maybe two years older than each actually are. Yuzu looks more like 17 imo, maybe it's just his presence that ages them a teensy bit :laugh: Sometimes during practice he does look especially fierce and mature though :eek::

Sorrento

Record Breaker
The media routinely twists what people say, or quotes them out of context... in order to sensationalise, generate controversy, invent new rivalries, create conflict where there is none, etc etc.
I think you are right. And as long as Yuzuru is a reigning Olympic champion the media is going to do that a lot for the upcoming season so we have to be prepared for that. He is very polite and careful when giving interviews and he is also a competitive and target-oriented athlete so when we get to read something like "Yuzuru promised he would eat his rivals alive"- let's take a moment of silence, take a deep breath and say: "KEEP CALM AND TRUST YUZURU!" Because he hasn't changed, he is the same and even if he is a "meat eater"- he is still a very well-mannered guy.;)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
You're welcome, Sorrento. And yes, I would have guessed maybe two years older than each actually are. Yuzu looks more like 17 imo, maybe it's just his presence that ages them a teensy bit :laugh: Sometimes during practice he does look especially fierce and mature though :eek::
Some guys have this quality- they tend to look younger than same age girls/ ladies in their young years. I remember people saying that about Keanu Reeves a lot.