Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
The Japan Times Sports had this to say:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...ss&utm_campaign=hanyu-gears-up-for-new-season
Japan Times Sports – August 27, 2014
HANYU GEARS UP FOR NEW SEASON
It seems some journarlists tried to make Yuzuru sounds condescending, same comment below:

This article does not reflect accurately what Yuzuru Hanyu actually said.

He did not “warn” his rivals that his results from last season were not a fluke, nor did he say “As Olympic champion I WANT PEOPLE TO REALISE that my gold medals were no coincidence — I won them because of my ability.”

Rather he said that coming into this season as the Sochi Olympic champion, he HOPES TO SKATE IN A WAY THAT CAN CONVINCE EVERYBODY last season was no fluke and that the results were a true reflection of his abilities.

In other words, he was just talking about what kind of performance he hopes to have this season, and not gloating or goading, as this article or its title would suggest.

I just wanted to make the distinction clear, so that this skater does not come across as an arrogant young man. Yuzuru Hanyu always shows a great deal of respect towards his competitors and skating fans, and is careful in the way he expresses himself.

Please be more thorough in how you translate the original words.

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
omg, yuzu's Ghana chocolate cm is making me eat chocolate non stop. Doubt he really eats chocolate to maintain that impossible slim figure.

firal

Record Breaker
Ha, I knew this thread would explode with the news of this new CM! Happy to see him looking quite well rested. And I am always amazed at how eloquent and composed he is for a 19 year old after watching his speech at the awards ceremony and the press con.

Not for a second did I think this will be the new POTO costume...I think it rather looks like the red version of his Etude costume.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Not for a second did I think this will be the new POTO costume...I think it rather looks like the red version of his Etude costume.

Agreed. I never would have thought the red costume in the commercial had anything to do with his POTO program. It doesn't look at all like the Phantom. (I've seen the theatre production three times.)

Am I the only one who doesn't like this costume? It looks juniorish to me. Also, has it been confirmed that JW designed POTO? I'm keeping me fingers crossed that the answer is no. :no:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Agreed. I never would have thought the red costume in the commercial had anything to do with his POTO program. It doesn't look at all like the Phantom. (I've seen the theatre production three times.)

Am I the only one who doesn't like this costume? It looks juniorish to me. Also, has it been confirmed that JW designed POTO? I'm keeping me fingers crossed that the answer is no. :no:

nothing is official yet, we are just speculating ;)

Geo1

On the Ice
Japan times and Yahoo used the same article. And as somebody posted in this thread before there are problems with the translation.

I am a Japanese speaking Japanese-Canadian lawyer married to a Japanese lady and I do not find anything particularly offensive or inaccurate in this Japan Times Sports article. The quotations attributed to Yuzuru are, in my opinion, accurate. When one language is translated into another, it can often come out sounding quite harsh because it is difficult to translate the nuances. I do agree, however, that there have been many instances when Yuzuru has been misquoted and misinterpreted.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
Ha, I knew this thread would explode with the news of this new CM! Happy to see him looking quite well rested. And I am always amazed at how eloquent and composed he is for a 19 year old after watching his speech at the awards ceremony and the press con.

the part where the top trails off is the same; the draping is a little different though. This one looks like there's a scrunchy effect at the front IF this is the POTO costume I think there's gonna be more detailing added (or we can't see from the video the detailing idk) All his costumes have intricate detailing.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
With my luck you can probably perfectly edit the Willy Wonka song over his new FS choreo...

:slink:
No, that was not my intention. I hope I haven't offended you?
I am very curious about this program. It is not my kind of music but knowing he likes it that much and is willing to show that through his performance I can't wait to get to know what he can do with my perception of it. You see- this isn't the first time I was a bit hesitant about the music at first- I've already been converted into a beauty of a music piece by a fantastic performance.

echotpe

On the Ice
【news】Yuzu’s stamps of 2013-14 season memorial frame will be sold on September 16.

Here is the pack design: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/notification/pressrelease/2014/00_honsha/0828_01_03.pdf
product page: http://www.shop.jp-network.japanpost.jp/pc/feature/hanyu/index.jsp?cc=ba_hanyu

One pack is 3,980 yen, including four components:
* 10 frame stamps, each worth of 52 yen
* 25 frame cards
* One Yuzu’s handprint with signature
* One premium holder

Wow, the content is quite great-valued. And I will buy several ones for his kid-fans! Good job, Yuzu and Japan Post Office!:agree:

smasma

On the Ice
【news】Yuzu’s stamps of 2013-14 season memorial frame will be sold on September 16.

Here is the pack design: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/notification/pressrelease/2014/00_honsha/0828_01_03.pdf
product page: http://www.shop.jp-network.japanpost.jp/pc/feature/hanyu/index.jsp?cc=ba_hanyu

One pack is 3,980 yen, including four components:
* 10 frame stamps, each worth of 52 yen
* 25 frame cards
* One Yuzu’s handprint with signature
* One premium holder

Wow, the content is quite great-valued. And I will buy several ones for his kid-fans! Good job, Yuzu and Japan Post Office!:agree:

I'm begging my friend in Japan to get it for me now! :biggrin:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
No, that was not my intention. I hope I haven't offended you?
What? :biggrin: no way. are you kidding? Did I chose the wrong smilie? I was just being my usual silly self. I'd laugh my unbedazzled, maskless booty off if anybody made a Yuzu Wonka video :biggrin: (I'm the only one who thinks that this chocolate commercial thing is just begging to be turned into something Wonka, aren't I... :laugh: oh well)

princessomega

Rinkside
Are they selling these for sale worldwide? I would love one, :love: but I am unsure how much postage to the US would be. :confused2:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Are they selling these for sale worldwide? I would love one, :love: but I am unsure how much postage to the US would be. :confused2:

I'm sure there will be a japanese-centered site (that is run in english) that will put them up for sale, as is popular with limited edition items, cds, dvds, posters, etc. The shipping shouldn't be too bad, considering it looks like it will weigh barely 1 pound.

princessomega

Rinkside
Oh thanks for the update satine94! I will definately keep my eyes open here for a link to purchase. This is my favourite way to spend my mornings, looking through all the Yuzu news. Thank you to everyone for all the posts and translations and laughs!