Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
no idea about appropriateness but at least I laughed :laugh:
and I soooo agree, he’s already more relevant to world peace than 90% of all pop stars :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushy's message for Yuzuru, and Yuzu's response:

http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=363&p=82787#p82787

(See link for video)

From the post:

The video starts when Plushenko invites the camera crew to the house in Sochi. The J-TV instroduces it as Plu's villa, and Yuzu reacts on it with "Cool!"
Then you see Japanese subtitles when Plu is talking. But the content is not exactly the same of what he said in Russian. So, I will translate both: the Japanese subtitles and the orginal Plu's speech in Russian.

The Japanese subtitles of Plushenko's speech:

Dear Yuzuru. Now you are the champion. You are already the top skater in the figure skating world. I want you to take not only one Olympic medal but also many medals in the future. I believe it's possible for you to do that. You have a lot of talents to get many medals. But the most important thing for you is to be healthy. I hope you will. Now I am the FAN of yours. Thank you.

Yuzuru: (*obviously to reply on the Japanese subtitles and not on the original Plu's speech in Russian)

I was very moved by his words. I can't believe it. I was working hard to be like him. And I am very moved now by his words. I will surely take care of my health well enough. I want to skate for a long time without any injuries or damages.

The original Plushenko's speech in Russian:

My dear friend. Now you are the Olympic champion. It's the most dear title in the world of sport. I wish you to gain in your whole career and to have on your chest not just one Olympic medal but as many as possible. I am sure you can do that. Because you are a genius champion, a talented sportsman, you are hard-working, you really like to work hard. But the most important thing.. (*video cut). (*cont.) .. as I alread said, I am your fan. Thank you.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Right now I'm really curious about the programs he'll have for the next season. Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?:popcorn:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I never really warmed up to PW until the Team SP at Sochi. But, even now, I am still glad this season is over soon. 2 years is a long time for the same program....I hope that Yuzuru and his team can now work on something completely different and new. As Olympic Champion I hope he can advance to the next level. Not only technically (I know he loves his jumps) but also artistically. In a way you are also defined by your rivals, so I'm totally curious what the next quad will be like for him and who his challengers may be. In Japan Machida and Mura are pretty good as well! And who knows about Kozuka and the newcomers.....

jace93

On the Ice
In Japan Machida and Mura are pretty good as well! And who knows about Kozuka and the newcomers.....

I'm not so sure that any of the junior boy could challenge him (or Machida, Mura and Kozuka for what is worth): both Tanaka and Hino didn't really progresse since when thw three of them competed together as junior... the only kid right now that IMO could make some splash is Uno, but he first has to get his jump together...

giulia95

Medalist
Plushy's message for Yuzuru, and Yuzu's response:

http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=363&p=82787#p82787

(See link for video)

The original Plushenko's speech in Russian:

My dear friend. Now you are the Olympic champion. It's the most dear title in the world of sport. I wish you to gain in your whole career and to have on your chest not just one Olympic medal but as many as possible. I am sure you can do that. Because you are a genius champion, a talented sportsman, you are hard-working, you really like to work hard. But the most important thing.. (*video cut). (*cont.) .. as I alread said, I am your fan. Thank you.

thank you very much for translation!!! I perfecty agree with Plushy about Yuzu's genius !:agree:

Yuzu's face, a mix of meltage and pride, is priceless!:)

LRK

Record Breaker
thank you very much for translation!!! I perfecty agree with Plushy about Yuzu's genius !:agree:

Yuzu's face, a mix of meltage and pride, is priceless!:)

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) - but just to eliminate any possible misunderstanding - the translation is not mine, I'm just sharing what I found. Which may be exactly what you meant, of course - but I just want to make absolutely sure not to take credit for something I didn't do! :)

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Hi everybody! I'm a new member, nice to meet you. Glad to read people who think and feel the same I do.
I was a casual ice skating fan but the Olympics, and Yuzuru in particular, made me a huge fan. I instantly fell in love with him as he is not only unique on the ice but also as a person.
And as I read some pages before, I also think he is like a manga character, so special!!
I'm looking forward to seeing him next month!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Right now I'm really curious about the programs he'll have for the next season. Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?:popcorn:

Don't hold your breath if David Wilson is choreographing his programs again.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

I'm bored already. :p Imagine the outcry if Yuzuru leaves Canada now. And then still uses programs choreographed by David Wilson in the style of Yuna. Haha, the irony.

No, I really want more gold for Yuzuru. If that means CoP friendly but unexciting programs, so be it.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Hi, knew here.

But I have been a fan of Yuzuru since 2012, Romeo & Juliet Kissing You program. I´m really happy that he was won and hope he can improeve and land jis jumps (all the quads he wants to do... ) I had fun reading lot´s of old comments from this board and hope the best for him and the poster and translators in this thread...

pitterpatter

On the Ice

Crylais

Rinkside
David Wilson is kinda like a hit or miss. I like some of the programs he choreography for Yuna. Not all though. Some were just plain bad haha.

I think David will still do Hanyu's LP and Jeffrey Buttle will do his SP?

If my calculations are correct Parisienne Walkways has broke the WR a total of 4 times? Twice last season and twice this season?